• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

No Answer on ROFR

AJCts411

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset x 2
If you have the dated email, 30 (calendar) days have past, exercise your rights to complete the purchase. You have done your legal requirement, I don't see why you need to "wait" until they finish moving, that's Hyatt problem not yours. It's kind of like Hyatt saying my dog ate my homework...too bad. Times up.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
If you have the dated email, 30 (calendar) days have past, exercise your rights to complete the purchase. You have done your legal requirement, I don't see why you need to "wait" until they finish moving, that's Hyatt problem not yours. It's kind of like Hyatt saying my dog ate my homework...too bad. Times up.

I would tell you broker to proceed with closing. If they refuse to do it means they did not send in the paperwork on the date they told you.

bdh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hyatt's transfer dept is in the process of being shut down/taken over by Marriott.

A call to Hyatt Corporate Transfer dept yesterdsy was tranferred and ultimately answered by Marriott staff. The Marriott staff was not able to answer the question - however stated that they hope to have the dept transition from Hyatt to Marriott complete in the first quarter of 2019.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt's transfer dept is in the process of being shut down/taken over by Marriott.

A call to Hyatt Corporate Transfer dept yesterdsy was tranferred and ultimately answered by Marriott staff. The Marriott staff was not able to answer the question - however stated that they hope to have the dept transition from Hyatt to Marriott complete in the first quarter of 2019.

Wow, so I wonder if they have suspended all ROFR activities, although legally I don't see how they could?

bdh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Expect the shuttering of Hyatt transfer dept in St Pete FL is permanent. However they're not doing away with ROFR - just transfering the operation to Marriott as part of the integration process.

Expect now to be a window of opportunity to clear ROFR while the department is in transition.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.

Can you give me the phone number you used to reach the Hyatt Corporate Transfer department. I have never been able to get past their loan/mortgage services people. Even those folks said they could not reach the transfer people. All title docs/$650 transfer fee were received by the Hyatt Transfer dept on 10/16, but the week we bought is still not in our account.

bdh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can you give me the phone number you used to reach the Hyatt Corporate Transfer department. I have never been able to get past their loan/mortgage services people. Even those folks said they could not reach the transfer people. All title docs/$650 transfer fee were received by the Hyatt Transfer dept on 10/16, but the week we bought is still not in our account.

Didn't get to talk with the Hyatt Transfer Dept - when the Hyatt customer service rep punched in the Transfer Dept extension, it transferred (no pun intended - but couldn't be helped) me to a Marriott staff member. Will send you the number, but not sure how far it will take you.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
Didn't get to talk with the Hyatt Transfer Dept - when the Hyatt customer service rep punched in the Transfer Dept extension, it transferred (no pun intended - but couldn't be helped) me to a Marriott staff member. Will send you the number, but not sure how far it will take you.
Thanks!

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
As reported on Oct 9 in the thread "ILG - SPG Merger Update" , the ILG (HRC) St. Pete staff had all been given their 60 day notice. With now all new people working without experience and direction, I would expect ROFR paperwork to go very slowly and be so late that they will miss any chance to exercise even if they want to.

Same with adding a new transfer to your account - don't be surprised if it takes twice as long to complete.

Other that getting a sale through right now for almost any price, I don't see that we have any recourse to them sitting on the paperwork.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
As reported on Oct 9 in the thread "ILG - SPG Merger Update" , the ILG (HRC) St. Pete staff had all been given their 60 day notice. With now all new people working without experience and direction, I would expect ROFR paperwork to go very slowly and be so late that they will miss any chance to exercise even if they want to.

Same with adding a new transfer to your account - don't be surprised if it takes twice as long to complete.

Other that getting a sale through right now for almost any price, I don't see that we have any recourse to them sitting on the paperwork.

Wow, maybe my girlfriends Hyatt Beach House, week 10 will pass ROFR. she was pissed at the realtor she was working with because he told her it got submitted for ROFR in October and then he told her it actually got sent in November. So she has to wait till December till her 30 days are up.

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Well finally after much angst I finally got the waiver on the ROFR for the Gold Week 2Bdr Hyatt Coconut Plantation I am trying to buy.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well finally after much angst I finally got the waiver on the ROFR for the Gold Week 2Bdr Hyatt Coconut Plantation I am trying to buy.

So did they take the full 30 days on ROFR?

Congrats. I’m so happy for you

bdh

TUG Member
Reaction score

Congratulations!! The good news is the angst is over, however the waiting isn't. Between the title company, Monroe County Recorder and Hyatt, it could take another 2 months until the unit shows up in your Hyatt account.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Congratulations. I love Hyatt Coconut Plantation almost tempted to try and get one.

Don’t forget to put it on rofr.net.

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Congratulations!! The good news is the angst is over, however the waiting isn't. Between the title company, Monroe County Recorder and Hyatt, it could take another 2 months until the unit shows up in your Hyatt account.

The current deed shows it as Lee County. Not to worried about the extra wait estoppel shows my home week is already reserved for 2019. Plus I got lucky on Pinion Pointe contract that I just got access to yesterday and found I had 1880 LCUP points not shown on the estoppel. I was able to use 880 of them to get a 2Bdr for 4 days over Christmas at Coconut Plantation

ConejoRed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Craigendarroch Lodges, HGVC Bay Club, HGVC GP MarBrisa, Westin St. John, Westin Ka’anapali Ocean Villas, Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort (DRI), Worldmark
Well this gives me some hope. Currently on day 34 of waiting on ROFR on a platnium Hyatt Higlands week (submitted October 15th). Even if it passes, I am now worried that the actual transfers is going to take so long due to the change and I am not going to get full value of the 2019 as it is a week #20 unit.

bdh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well this gives me some hope. Currently on day 34 of waiting on ROFR on a platnium Hyatt Higlands week (submitted October 15th). Even if it passes, I am now worried that the actual transfers is going to take so long due to the change and I am not going to get full value of the 2019 as it is a week #20 unit.

The transfer wont take that long. However if you're looking to use the deeded week/unit at Highlands Inn and are extremely concerned about timing, just have the current owner confirm the HRPP week as soon as it passes ROFR - the current owner can then get a GC to put the reservation in your name. If ownership does transfers prior to the deeded week check in date, the reservation will automatically roll to you.

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
At day 31 I started leaving email messages, voicemail messages, and I called owner care twice. They never responded, but finally sent waiver/estoppel to broker.

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
I had a Pinion Pointe that cleated ROFR in 25 days. All documents, recorded deed and transfer fee mailed out on 11/1, and my account showed in Interval under my user I’d last week. Called the 1800GOHyatt number and got info needed to log into my account. Already made 1 reservation on the account. But still have not got a welcome packet from Hyatt.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt

Congrats!
My Pinion Pt unit closed last week. Waiting now for Hyatt(Marriott?) to recognize new deed and create a Hyatt account for me. It's our 1st Hyatt, so I'm afraid it will take a while.

We have an II account thru Vistana network. Will we get.a separate II one for Hyatt? And does II take just as long , about 1 month, to get it set up?
Our new week is early, week 13, and we can't use in 2019. So I want to either deposit in II or reserve in CUP for another resort in later 2019.

Thanks!

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Congrats!
My Pinion Pt unit closed last week. Waiting now for Hyatt(Marriott?) to recognize new deed and create a Hyatt account for me. It's our 1st Hyatt, so I'm afraid it will take a while.

We have an II account thru Vistana network. Will we get.a separate II one for Hyatt? And does II take just as long , about 1 month, to get it set up?
Our new week is early, week 13, and we can't use in 2019. So I want to either deposit in II or reserve in CUP for another resort in later 2019.

Thanks!
You will get a second account but it will probably show up under your existing log in

bdh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congrats!

Thanks!
You will get a new II account with Hyatt. As time goes by and the integration of Hyatt into the Marriott family continues, it's possible that you may be able to combine II accounts.

Once there's confirmation that your purchase has cleared ROFR, have the current owner make whatever moves you want done with the week/points. When ownership transfer of the week is complete at the courthouse, in Hyatt records and in II's records, whatever reservations and or points are associated with the week will automatically transfer to you.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Since your on Day 34 and Hyatt is supposed to respond within 30 days, I would be mad if they ROFR’d it. Good luck, hope it passes

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Since your on Day 34 and Hyatt is supposed to respond within 30 days, I would be mad if they ROFR’d it. Good luck, hope it passes
Legally it passed, Hyatt has no right to it as they didn’t exercise their right in the stipulated period.