• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Elite Night Credit on Vistana Stays

Pedro

TUG Member
Reaction score
I went to the owners update at SVR for 20,000 MR points. The points posted a couple of days after checking out, but I haven’t received any Elite night credits even though the stay was 10 days ago. I haven’t bothered calling for the night credits, since I don’t really need them this year. However, I wonder how it will work in the future. I have a stay at WMH next week and we’ll see if the elite nights post or not.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I went to the owners update at SVR for 20,000 MR points. The points posted a couple of days after checking out, but I haven’t received any Elite night credits even though the stay was 10 days ago. I haven’t bothered calling for the night credits, since I don’t really need them this year. However, I wonder how it will work in the future. I have a stay at WMH next week and we’ll see if the elite nights post or not.
You don't need to call to get the credit. Just open a missing stay request online.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
You don't need to call to get the credit. Just open a missing stay request online.

Update from my post a month or two ago... I still haven’t received my credits. I sent an email, spoke with SPG, nothing. How many calls must I make for them to honor what they should? Amazing...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

blondietink

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Saratoga Springs; Sheraton Vistana Villages St. Augustine; Westin Adventuras
Had to open a missing stay request online today for our SVV stay earlier this month.

vistana101

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV (x2)
Anyone know if explorer stays are eligible for elite night credit? Or stays with owner discount?

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Anyone know if explorer stays are eligible for elite night credit? Or stays with owner discount?

I did not get credit for Nanea promo stay (and was told I would not) - I would assume an EP stay would not get stay credits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5333grand

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
westin kaan N

just stayed 14 nights in Maui and got credit for all 14 nights
posted 2 days after I checked out

blondietink

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Saratoga Springs; Sheraton Vistana Villages St. Augustine; Westin Adventuras
How long are we supposed to wait after filling out and submitting the missing stay form?

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
How long are we supposed to wait after filling out and submitting the missing stay form?

rumour has it that it can take many weeks for them to process requests...

if you have PPE/Amb status, it's way quicker to get them to fix it for you (couple of days) instead of going through the online form

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
just stayed 14 nights in Maui and got credit for all 14 nights
posted 2 days after I checked out

You had an Explorer Package with 14 nights??????

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
They seem to be extremely slow with SPG properties. Perhaps those are routed to a different group for processing? For some September SVV stays, I submitted a missing stay request for SPG, then after a week I also submitted one for a Marriott property. I got a reply the next day on the Marriott property, but still hadn't heard anything regarding the SVV stay. I replied to the email about the Marriott stay and gave them my tracking numbers and they took care of it. About a week later I received an actual email about the SVV stays saying that they saw the stays had been posted. So they definitely are slow for stays at what were SPG properties.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
They seem to be extremely slow with SPG properties. Perhaps those are routed to a different group for processing? For some September SVV stays, I submitted a missing stay request for SPG, then after a week I also submitted one for a Marriott property. I got a reply the next day on the Marriott property, but still hadn't heard anything regarding the SVV stay. I replied to the email about the Marriott stay and gave them my tracking numbers and they took care of it. About a week later I received an actual email about the SVV stays saying that they saw the stays had been posted. So they definitely are slow for stays at what were SPG properties.

Since Vistana stays have not been eligible for night credits prior to August 18, it's probably slow because it's a new process and who knows if the Vistana properties have converted their systems to the Marriott systems.

blondietink

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Since Vistana stays have not been eligible for night credits prior to August 18, it's probably slow because it's a new process and who knows if the Vistana properties have converted their systems to the Marriott systems.

LOL, at SVV they are still calling the points "Starpoints" and have no idea that there is such a thing as Marriott.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Over two months since I submitted a request for credit and this is all I received tonight from them. And they still haven’t credited the nights nor fixed my accounts (they actually lowered my total as compared to the SPG and Marriott numbers pre merger).

So...they don’t want to credit me any points for meals or other fees paid at the resort. Since when?

Thank you for contacting Marriott Rewards regarding your recent stay at the Westin Desert Willow Villas. We hope you enjoyed your visit with us.

We appreciate the chance to help you with your account. We apologize we are unable to post this stay to your account as your hotel bill does not show any eligible charges. As a Marriott Rewards member, each time you stay at a participating hotel you may earn points or frequent flyer credit and personal Elite nights based on the eligible charges shown on the final itemized hotel bill in your name.

Please note that any charges paid through a third party (such as a travel agency or wholesale group) or billed out through a group master account are not eligible for credit.

This information is visible on the following link for the Marriott Rewards online terms and conditions.

https://marriott.com/rewards/terms/earning.mi

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding. If you have additional questions about this matter, please contact our customer service department at:

http://www.marriott.com/rewards/customer-support.mi

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Over two months since I submitted a request for credit and this is all I received tonight from them. And they still haven’t credited the nights nor fixed my accounts (they actually lowered my total as compared to the SPG and Marriott numbers pre merger).

So...they don’t want to credit me any points for meals or other fees paid at the resort. Since when?

Was this an SO or home resort stay? Or was it an Explorer Package?

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Was this an SO or home resort stay? Or was it an Explorer Package?

SO. But it shouldn’t matter if it’s SO or Home. I don’t do Explorers (you won’t find me in the sales offices!).

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
SO. But it shouldn’t matter if it’s SO or Home. I don’t do Explorers (you won’t find me in the sales offices!).

You should get the credit, for the nights at least. Meals should count also as I don't think they have an outside vendor managing those?

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
You should get the credit, for the nights at least. Meals should count also as I don't think they have an outside vendor managing those?

Yes, exactly. I’m just getting frustrated by this failure of a merger.

canesfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN x2
WSJ-BV
WLR
My stay from WLR was credited to my nights total. I can’t see the impact on my points though as it isn’t listed in my activity. Small steps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
i had a home resort stay at WKORV and it posted nights and points after 10 days, followed by a SO stay and it posted nights and points after 11 stays. I see them in my MR activity list about 50 transactions back showing nights, base and elite points.

both stays were finished in Aug just after the program merge happened on the 18th

ocdb8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't read to far into any specific circumstances for at least another 6 months. Based on my experience over the past 2 months, the systems are an inconsistent mess. I have had stays at Marriott's, Vistana Timeshares and regular hotels and everything is posting (or not posting) on a completely random timeline. I had two 1 night stays 7 days a part booked at the same exact airport hotel, booked on the same day. One posted within 72 hours of checking out, another required 2 missing stay reports and over 6 weeks to post. My suggestion while the integration continues:

1) Ensure your SPG/Marriott number is in your "My Vistana" profile; this will usually attach it to any reservation made via Vistana and upcoming stays should then show up in your Marriott profile.
2) Add/Confirm your SPG/Marriott number at check-in.
3) Reconfirm your SPG/Marriott number at check-out and get a hard copy of your bill; suggest immediately taking a picture of it.
4) Report missing stays precisely 10 business days after check-out (which will require submitting a copy of your bill).

In addition, you can attempt to add your SPG/Marriott number to reservations ahead of your stay over the phone directly with the timeshare for those that don't appear in your Marriott profile. However, in my experience this can be an exercise in frustration right now as each timeshare seems to have varying levels of understanding of the system. Some are able to do this, some say they can't do it until check-in and some say it can't be done at all.

bajohnsons

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WPORV, WLR

I just received elite night credit for a Lagunamar stay. The nights posted in 3 days. I made sure at check-in that they had my correct MR number as the new number isn't attached to these reservations when made (or so I was told._

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
We had 3 weeks this summer at Lagunamar and only 7 nights posted. One was an accommodation certificate and the other 2 were interval . I am assuming interval would count but not the certificate? Does anyone know?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
We had 3 weeks this summer at Lagunamar and only 7 nights posted. One was an accommodation certificate and the other 2 were interval . I am assuming interval would count but not the certificate? Does anyone know?
When was your stay, was it before the merger of the SPG and Marriott Reward programs? WHen you say accomodation certificate, is that also through interval? If so, all would be considered interval and should count. However, if some of your nights or stays were before the cutover, you won't get credit for those stays.