• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

CANCUN Westin Lagunamar Resort Villa - Thanksgiving week 11/17-11/24 7nights

LAST MINUTE RENTAL POSTING LIMITS
You may offer or request weeks beginning no later than
May 13, 2024
Maximum asking price in public posts is $800/week or $115/day

pacman777

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am the deeded home resort owner at the fabulous Westin Lagunamar Resort in Cancun Mexico and we had a last minute change in family plans for Thanksgiving holiday week. This is for a STUDIO villa that sleeps 4 adults (King bed and queen sleep sofa); includes in-room washer/dryer and kitchenette. No resort fees from renting from an owner; only other taxes is a nominal less than $5 per night that is assessed by the State of Quintana Roo for all resort stays.

7-nights checking in Saturday, Nov 17 and checking out Saturday, Nov 24, 2018; Dates and duration can not be changed however you can check-in later or check-out early without penalty. Total is $700 for 7 nights. email me at: pacman777@gmail.com

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
Isn’t this a lot for a studio at Lagunamar?

pacman777

TUG Member
Reaction score

Marriott/Westin site has the lowest rate being $1,593 for the exact same nights in a studio so I guess $700 is a decent deal if someone wants to stay here. Value is all relative. I can always cancel if no one wants it and deposit into II.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am not sure that this is my business, the price is strictly between the buyer and the potential renters. As @pacman777 said, value is relative.

What is the value of that same week when deposited in Interval and exchanged later into a 2 bedroom Westin or Marriott in Hawaii after paying a $300 dollars for exchange and upgrade fees? Do not tell me that is not possible, i have seen them available a number of times.

Last edited:

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I am not sure that this is my business, the price is strictly between the buyer and the potential renters. As @pacman777 said, value is relative.

What is the value of that same week when deposited in Interval and exchanged later into a 2 bedroom Westin or Marriott in Hawaii after paying a $300 dollars for exchange and upgrade fees? Do not tell me that is not possible, i have seen them available a number of times.

Good luck doing it. I have not been able to get a 2 bedroom at a Marriott in Hawaii by trading my own Marriotts. I think it might be occasionally possible to do so though, as a last minute trade but don’t count on it. I had a Marriott Hawaii studio and I have a Marriott Spain 1 bedroom sitting in II right now. I can’t even get a 1 bedroom in a Marriott Hawaii except as a last minute exchange and they disappear quickly. So yes, they are available but you need to jump on them and be super flexible with dates. Most of the time, though, they are studios with last minute dates. Why are you asking about the value of exchanging into a Marriott or Westin in Hawaii through II vs exchanging anywhere else? You already know the answer to this, don’t you? Not sure why you are asking this question on a rental thread?

Last edited:

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good luck doing it. I have not been able to get a 2 bedroom at a Marriott in Hawaii by trading my own Marriotts. I think it might be occasionally possible to do so though, as a last minute trade but don’t count on it. I had Marriott Hawaii studio and I have Marriott Spain 1 bedroom sitting in II right now. I can’t even get a 1 bedroom in Marriott Hawaii except as a last minute exchange and they disappear quickly. So yes, they are available but you need to jump on them and be super flexible with dates. Most of the time, though, the are studios with last minute dates. Why are you asking about the value of exchanging into a Marriott or Westin in Hawaii through II vs exchanging anywhere else? You already know the answer to this, don’t you? Not sure why you are asking this question on a rental thread?
I have seen them many times, we just have our vacation calendar full for the next 12 months otherwise i would have grabbed one of those. Many of them were sort of last minute (1-3 months in advance) but not only.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have seen them many times, we just have our vacation calendar full for the next 12 months otherwise i would have grabbed one of those. Many of them were sort of last minute (1-3 months in advance) but not only.

Why are you asking this question on this thread? You should ask on the Marriott thread or the Hawaii thread. This is the wrong place plus no one is reading this.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why are you asking this question on this thread? You should ask on the Marriott thread or the Hawaii thread. This is the wrong place plus no one is reading this.
why were you asking in the first place if you were not personally interested?

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
why were you asking in the first place if you were not personally interested?

I am completely confused by your comments. You asked me a question about the value of Hawaii in II and I responded. Then I recommended posting those questions in another place to get better answers.

Why do you think I was not personally interested? Where did you get that information?

Last edited:

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am completely confused by your comments. You asked me a question about the value of Hawaii in II and I responded. Then I recommended posting those questions in another place to get better answers.

Why do you think I was not personally interested? Where did you get that information?
I did not think you were personally interested because you had stated you were planning to go to Lagunamar on SO in May of 2020. If you are actually planning to go now please accept my apologies. You can also prove your point by making an offer in private to the OP

Last edited:

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Deleted due to irrelevance

Last edited:

needvaca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MGO, WKV, SVV Bella
fwiw- I'm currently seeing a $900 getaway (in II) 1BR Lagunamar for early Dec.
So a $700 studio for Thanksgiving week doesn't seem out of line.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Deleted for irrelevance

Last edited:

pacman777

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was checking on this thread and was surprised to see 12 posts to it but nothing about actually wanting to rent my week. Haha! Figured I would give it a shot of listing it on here for what I thought was a bargain for an awesome resort. If it doesn’t rent then not a big deal as I’ll just cancel and deposit it into II which I have never used II before but I guess it seems there’s some decent trades there.

tomvc

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't think you can deposit restricted staroptions (options from reservations cancelled within 60 days of check in) to II. If you are releasing the studio of a lockoff home reservation, then different rules may apply.

Maybe this should move to Vistana forum.

Last edited:

pacman777

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't think you can deposit restricted staroptions (options from reservations cancelled within 60 days of check in) to II. If you are releasing the studio of a lockoff home reservation, then different rules may apply.

Maybe this should move to Vistana forum.

This is a home resort reservation that was booked using a voluntary resale week at Westin Lagunamar so any fees or penalties applicable to StarOptions do not apply since this ownership isn’t part of VSN. I can cancel up to a day before check-in without penalty or fees. However if this was a Reservation using StarOptions then the fees and penalties would apply.

LAST MINUTE RENTAL POSTING LIMITS
You may offer or request weeks beginning no later than
May 13, 2024
Maximum asking price in public posts is $800/week or $115/day