• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Did I miss this, or is this news (Darn, NOT another Waikiki HGVC)

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
From HGVC today...

New Property in Waikiki
Members will soon have even more options in the Aloha State, with HGV’s recent purchase of 1.05 acres to develop its sixth Oahu property—and its first Hilton Club location in Hawaii—all in the heart of Waikiki.

What’s next? HGV plans to develop the property into a 32-story tower. Construction will begin during the second quarter of 2019, with completion slated for the first quarter of 2022 and sales set to begin mid-2020. The new Waikiki property will bring the brand’s amenities to its 191 units, comprised of studios and one-, two- and three-bedroom suites, many of which will boast ocean views. The property will also include a pool, fitness and business centers, and an Owners’ lounge.

“Building on our local development history that started with the Lagoon Tower in 2000, our latest project in Waikiki will ensure HGV continues to offer lifetime vacation experiences to our next generation of Owners,” says Mark Wang, president and CEO of Hilton Grand Vacations.

Stay tuned to Club Traveler and the Club website for more information about these new properties. Until then, aloha!

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
From HGVC today...

New Property in Waikiki
Members will soon have even more options in the Aloha State, with HGV’s recent purchase of 1.05 acres to develop its sixth Oahu property—and its first Hilton Club location in Hawaii—all in the heart of Waikiki.

What’s next? HGV plans to develop the property into a 32-story tower. Construction will begin during the second quarter of 2019, with completion slated for the first quarter of 2022 and sales set to begin mid-2020. The new Waikiki property will bring the brand’s amenities to its 191 units, comprised of studios and one-, two- and three-bedroom suites, many of which will boast ocean views. The property will also include a pool, fitness and business centers, and an Owners’ lounge.

“Building on our local development history that started with the Lagoon Tower in 2000, our latest project in Waikiki will ensure HGV continues to offer lifetime vacation experiences to our next generation of Owners,” says Mark Wang, president and CEO of Hilton Grand Vacations.

Stay tuned to Club Traveler and the Club website for more information about these new properties. Until then, aloha!

I hear you - yet another Hgvc in Oahu. o_O

IMHO HI is just as overbuilt with timeshares as Orlando. But as long as people are willing to buy them they will continue to build them.

However I don’t see any justification for a bHC hotel at HI. As have been mentioned before bHC is for the urban locations and HI can hardly be considered as urban.

From the perspective of an HGvC owner, it’s great with many choices and if you are not picky there will almost always be rooms to book.

I do however foresee that the mf there will be higher compared to other hgvc locations at HI.

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
I hear you - yet another Hgvc in Oahu. o_O

IMHO HI is just as overbuilt with timeshares as Orlando. But as long as people are willing to buy them they will continue to build them.

However I don’t see any justification for a bHC hotel at HI. As have been mentioned before bHC is for the urban locations and HI can hardly be considered as urban.

From the perspective of an HGvC owner, it’s great with many choices and if you are not picky there will almost always be rooms to book.

I do however foresee that the mf there will be higher compared to other hgvc locations at HI.

While not the rest of HI, I do consider Waikiki and Downtown Honolulu urban. That is the reason we go there so often. We don't need a car and we have a city right by the ocean.

As far as why HGVC keeps building there, its because of demand. Demand for purchase when people go there they and want to go back. Demand from all HGVC timeshare owners, repeat buyers, and potential timeshare owners who can get there easily with the system IF THERE IS AVAILABILITY!! There are making more availability for the entire HGVC system.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I saw that headline about "Ocean Tower and a new Hawaii property" I got excited about Maui.

That is was just Oahu again was such a disappointment.

Tagline:

"Overdeveloped island to be further overdeveloped. Story at 11."

There are making more availability for the entire HGVC system.

Well, more for the by Hiilton Club owners anyway.

Cheers.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.

Cheers.

So they can spend their overpriced points in Hawaii without feeling like they traded down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
When I saw that headline about "Ocean Tower and a new Hawaii property" I got excited about Maui.

That is was just Oahu again was such a disappointment.

Tagline:

"Overdeveloped island to be further overdeveloped. Story at 11."

Cheers.

The more bHC owners that book the bHC resort means more opening for the regular HGVC owners. Any regular HGVC owners that "upgrade" to the new Honolulu bHC resort, that's more room for us.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
So they can spend their overpriced points in Hawaii without feeling like they traded down.

Except that, unless they bought the points in Hawaii, they will be trading down using them in Oahu.

The more bHC owners that book the bHC resort means more opening for the regular HGVC owners. Any regular HGVC owners that "upgrade" to the new Honolulu bHC resort, that's more room for us.

Possibly a fair point. While it may not be a good use of higher-priced points it is very likely that some folks use bHC points for HGVC properties in Oahu. Just not sure how prevalent that really is, though, and how much overall impact it would have. But less than zero, to be sure.

Cheers.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
I don't see this as a big issue since I find it hard to believe that many bHC owners will be using their very expensive points for HGVC reservations. There may be some, but that will probably just be cancelled out by the HGVC owners using their points at bHC properties in the 44-day booking window (which makes for more HGVC availability).

Kurt

audirt

Reaction score
I wonder if it's buyers from Asia driving this much demand. From a distance, HI certainly seems to be overbuilt, but obviously they know something I don't.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
If this is a bHC property it will likely have a lounge with free breakfast and appetizers and resort reservation preference. This might incent owners to use their ownership for these perks. One thing I have learned by owning W57 is that you can book a much nicer unit than you own during peak times e.g. we own a studio but plan on getting a 1 bedroom penthouse in NYC next year. This also might incent these owners to use their property because they would not want to use their expensive bHC points for HHV as @PigsDad pointed out.

One other intangible factor. One of the things I enjoy about W57 is that it is quieter than HCNY, and the staff recognizes us as owners and makes us feel like we are "home" when we are there. People may opt for the more "quiet" property and personal bHC service.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wonder if it's buyers from Asia driving this much demand. From a distance, HI certainly seems to be overbuilt, but obviously they know something I don't.

Oahu is overbuilt. The other islands not as much, outside of some areas. Hawai'i Island is mostly empty, for example.

Cheers.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is also another “risk” to take into account. That is that these new bHC owners will have a 60 day booking window to other bHC properties. Regular hgvc owners may face shortages at the more popular bHC properties as the inventory is being snatched up by the newer bHC owners.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is also another “risk” to take into account. That is that these new bHC owners will have a 60 day booking window to other bHC properties. Regular hgvc owners may face shortages at the more popular bHC properties as the inventory is being snatched up by the newer bHC owners.

True. I can certainly imagine that quite a number more of the Oahu owners would want NYC rather than the other way around. That could well reduce availability at the non-Home NYC properties for other bHC members. Makes the Home reservation period that much more important at Home resorts.

Cheers.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
True. I can certainly imagine that quite a number more of the Oahu owners would want NYC rather than the other way around. That could well reduce availability at the non-Home NYC properties for other bHC members. Makes the Home reservation period that much more important at Home resorts.

Cheers.

bHC doesn't have any priority at W57 or HCNY but could put pressure on Residences and Quin reservations.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
bHC doesn't have any priority at W57 or HCNY but could put pressure on Residences and Quin reservations.

I can never remember the details. I knew that no one can get into HCNY, but I had thought that other bHC had some priority over HGVC at W. 57h. So, really 3 classes of bHC.

Cheers.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I can never remember the details. I knew that no one can get into HCNY, but I had thought that other bHC had some priority over HGVC at W. 57h. So, really 3 classes of bHC.

Cheers.

W57 has home resort reservations until 44 days instead of 60 days for the other bHC properties; only 2 tiers of club at W57 (home resort, club) instead of 3 at bHC (home resort, bHC, club). This means that W57 owners have more time to make close-in reservations until it is opened up to non-owners.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Looks like they are promoting Hawaii big time in Japan. My DH entered the Priority Pass Lounge at Narita Airport and they handed him this. LoL he can't get away from those sales people! Reminds me of the hilarious South Park episode when they went on a free ski weekend, finished the presentation and the ski lift kept dumping them back at the sales center.

20181110_074418_1541803479744.jpg

Last edited:

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Demand for purchase

To me the obvious reason is that HGV is expecting to making a lot of money selling this new resort and the others being added. I see it as a good thing (I just don't expect ever to purchase a bHC properties myself) to keep adding new properties. We must always remember, "In order for there to be a resale, someone must purchase from the developer". I will be going to Hawaii next year in February/March {that is only in about 3-1/2 months from now} to Oahu (Lagoon Tower 3-Bd Penthouse) and BI (Kings Land 3-Bd) and Maui (rental because HGVC doesn't have anything there yet). We are so excited. I am very thankful for all of the information posted by HGVC TUG users in deciding what to book.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Looks like they are promoting Hawaii big time in Japan. My DH entered the Priority Pass Lounge at Narita Airport and they handed him this. LoL he can't get away from those sales people! Reminds me of the hilarious South Park episode when they went on a free ski weekend, finished the presentation and the ski lift kept dumping them back at the sales center.

View attachment 8978
If this campaign is successful we might see other new vacation locations that are popular for those living in Japan.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
I am happy as this gives us more options on where to stay. Bonus for me is that I will be able to take advantage of the 44 day reservation policy at bHC without having to worry about airfare.
With Grand islander and Hokulani opening up these past few years, I have noticed that getting a unit at HHV is a lot easier than before. Units are not all gone at the 9 month window unless it is a holiday.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk