• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Room Views from Marriott Newport Coast

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
Some morning views from my balcony at Marriott Newport Coast Villas. This place is gorgeous! Very California in interior design and architecture. We were assigned to this 2 bedroom top floor villa with golf course and ocean views using an II exchange of our Ko Olina studio. Customer service at the front desk was excellent and respectful at check in.

9CAF4D2A-A48A-49A4-9002-53C7DFCC4893.jpeg

View from bedroom. We can see the ocean and golf course from the bed.

B5D35B18-58C2-467E-B0A9-D16150E1C4F9.jpeg

View from living room balcony.

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Nice views. Congratulations on getting that room assignment. We love the resort too. Have a great time.

Best regards.

Mike

Bill4728

Reaction score
About 1/3 of the rooms at NCV have great views of the ocean

About 1/3 of the rooms have some view of the ocean

And 1/3 have little to no views.

Owners of Marriott MVC can ask for room assignments about 3 weeks before check in. non- Marriott owners are generally in the little to no view rooms.

Last edited:

hajjah

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott's Shadow Ridge Enclaves
Resort In Cocoa Beach, FL
Thanks for the pictures. We're heading back there in January. We've been twice, but stayed in the units up the hill. Does anyone know the progress of the upgrades? I would like a refurbished unit, but with a good view. We did have good views staying up the hill near the second gym.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
Thanks for the pictures. We're heading back there in January. We've been twice, but stayed in the units up the hill. Does anyone know the progress of the upgrades? I would like a refurbished unit, but with a good view. We did have good views staying up the hill near the second gym.

Our unit was great inside. I am not sure if it was refurbished or not but I suspect it probably was. We were in the 1500 building on the golf course on the top floor that is on the same level with the parking. I loved the location because it has the golf course and partial ocean view as well as a full balcony off the living room and a Juliette balcony in the bedroom, thereby giving better views from the bedroom. I really like the buildings on the golf course because you can enter them directly from the ground floor where you park your car and they feel more private and home-like as a result. Also, they are an easy walk up the stairs to the main pool area and reception building. The only negatives were that the living room balcony had a concrete wall so you can only see the view when you are standing and that the view is only a partial ocean view since there are trees. However, since it was often foggy, the advantage to being on the golf course is you always have the greenery of the golf course and the trees even when you can’t see the ocean. I would probably request a unit on the golf course again.

P.S. I loved the saltwater taffies at the check in desk. Different flavors daily. They are addictive! This is where are maintenance fees go. LOL

Last edited:

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Interior Photos

Attachments

• 034C668A-97D9-456F-9880-AE5AAB20D47A.jpeg
    034C668A-97D9-456F-9880-AE5AAB20D47A.jpeg
    47.5 KB · Views: 103
  • B306B060-6278-4BF6-9B91-536D82F916A5.jpeg
    B306B060-6278-4BF6-9B91-536D82F916A5.jpeg
    45.3 KB · Views: 123
  • CFAF6F64-5735-48DB-B783-FBD14676FB0C.jpeg
    CFAF6F64-5735-48DB-B783-FBD14676FB0C.jpeg
    79.9 KB · Views: 126
  • 57848775-F2A3-4556-A8F8-F8FFE66F14C4.jpeg
    57848775-F2A3-4556-A8F8-F8FFE66F14C4.jpeg
    51.5 KB · Views: 122

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
One of my favorites. Love Newport Coast. Love the whale watching at Davy Jones' Locker in town.

Caligirlfrtx

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, SHERATON BROADWAY PLANTATION, GRAND PACIFIC PALISADES, SHERATON DESERT OASIS, HYATT COCONUT PLANTATION, RIVERVIEW RESORT
CANNOT WAIT! Will be there in a couple of weeks

BJRSanDiego

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
One of my favorites. Love Newport Coast. Love the whale watching at Davy Jones' Locker in town.
One time I bought a whale watching cruise using Groupon. It was through Davy's Locker. This may not be the same group that you used. We had some boat problems so we were forced to switch boats and then we didn't see much. But I enjoy a boat ride even w/o dolphins or whales. But everyone was given a replacement voucher. Then a year later we used the replacement voucher and saw hundreds and hundreds of dolphins. No whales. But, it was still fun. With groupon the cost was under $15. Incredible price.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
You can get the boat tours cheap on Goldstar also.

By all means utilize the free shuttle, parking is not cheap or easy to find during summer in the areas it visits. Not as bad off season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Bill4728

Reaction score
Re boat tours and group-on

Most of the tour companies will match group-on prices if you ask and it also means more money in their pocket since they don't give group on a cut of the price.

We went on a electric boat tour of the balboa harbor last spring and loved it. there are four companies which do them all about the same price $100 for 90 minutes (group-on price)

cgeidl

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
WE have stayed there about ten times. It is one of our favorite resorts. We always go off season and often in January to April. We do not own Marriotts but have mostly traded thru II. Several times we were able to trade with an accommodation certificate. We have a couple times rented from owners. One time we got a lower unit like in the pictures and it was too dark. In all other cases we got an upper room on third or fourth floors looking towards the golf course with a partial ocean view. The picture to me seem like they are much closer to the ocean . They may be blown up as you are about a half mile or more from the ocean. We love the resort and have gone to several activities. The cafe food is very expensive and we seldom use the store. Great pool and tennis courts.The weather off season is usually light jacket to short sleeved shirts. Love the area, the closeness to Laguna and Newport Beach.We went last March and plan to go March or April next year.

Last edited:

dpete

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are in room 2022 and have a great view and not far from the playground. I do wish we were top floor instead of middle due to extremely loud stompers above us!

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been asked by another member to post some of my pictures from my room 4536, which is top floor (yes, the building has one higher floor, just not over this room). The views are pretty amazing and you can see most directions easily from the patio. This was a very nice room and impressed by the resort. It was merely terrible weather this year (though the pictures were from the one good day, might have been 55 that day, the warmest day). Looking to the left, you can see up the hill. Looking diagonally to the right, it's straight to the ocean. Looking to the right, you can see many other buildings.

Uphill.jpg

Resort.jpg

Ocean.jpg

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have been asked by another member to post some of my pictures from my room 4536, which is top floor (yes, the building has one higher floor, just not over this room). The views are pretty amazing and you can see most directions easily from the patio. This was a very nice room and impressed by the resort. It was merely terrible weather this year (though the pictures were from the one good day, might have been 55 that day, the warmest day). Looking to the left, you can see up the hill. Looking diagonally to the right, it's straight to the ocean. Looking to the right, you can see many other buildings.

View attachment 10566

View attachment 10567

View attachment 10568

Wow, these are some of the nicest views I have seem from Newport. You hit the jackpot with that room and those views!

Bill4728

Reaction score
While true higher floors have slightly better views many of the patios do not have a roof over them. So too much sun or rain. That is why we always ask for the second or third floors when we stay at NCV

chalee94

TUG Member
Reaction score
These are from almost a decade ago but I want to play... :)

P1050879.JPG

P1060257.JPG