• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

January Maui Trip

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
We only have 76 days to our Maui trip and we have nothing on our schedule yet. My wife is so excited to get to our ew Molokai condo she hasn’t been much help planning for Maui. This is our first trip to Maui in four years. We’ll be staying in Kihei at the Maui Schooner.

We have friends going with us and they have come to Kauai a couple of times with us but never to Maui. They plan on doing a road to Hana tour. We won’t be going with them on that tour. We did it four years ago. So we will have a whole day to plan there while they are gone. I know my wife will want to do some shopping for the condo while we’re there too.

After that we have nothing planned. We do want to relax but we should get something on the agenda.

So I’m looking for some ideas. No long hikes. My wife can do some shorter walks but anything long is out. We have done something’s there but don’t mind doing some of them again with our friends.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Have you gone to Haliimaile before?

Bev Gannon has a great restaurant called Haliimaile General Store. No reservation is needed for lunch. Across the street you can take a tour of a distillery where they make vodka from pineapple mash. This also includes a trip to their tasting room. Also across the street at the same location you can be picked up for a tour of a current day pineapple plantation. You could do all three of these while your friends are on their Road to Hana trip.

I suggest these three things because they may not be the more mainstream things that everyone does.

Haliimaile will be about a 25-30 minute drive from Kihei.

Haliimaile General Store - https://hgsmaui.com

Pineapple Tour - https://mauipineappletour.com

Distillery Tour - http://www.haliimailedistilling.com

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Excellent suggestions. I may run this past my friends. These could be some nice low key things they would like to do also. Thanks Again!!

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
We've been to tne Haili'imaile General Store and it's wonderful. Didn't know about the distillery and pineapple tours.

A couple of other things to do upcountry are the Surfing Goats, lavendar farm and vodka distillery.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We've been to tne Haili'imaile General Store and it's wonderful. Didn't know about the distillery and pineapple tours.

A couple of other things to do upcountry are the Surfing Goats, lavendar farm and vodka distillery.

Thanks Luanne, we have done the lavender farm and surfing goat and I think those are a couple we will revisit with our friends. I don’t know if they want to go to Haleakala or not. I think if they do it won’t be for sunrise so we would be able to stop at these either on the way up or back.

JIMinNC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
In January on Maui, you should absolutely do a whale watch cruise or two. We'll be there in early March and will likely do more than one of those.

talkamotta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Luanne, we have done the lavender farm and surfing goat and I think those are a couple we will revisit with our friends. I don’t know if they want to go to Haleakala or not. I think if they do it won’t be for sunrise so we would be able to stop at these either on the way up or back.
If you were to go there at sunrise, you need to make a reservation. Limited parking.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank You for the reminder. I don’t know if we will go in the morning. We are having dinner with our friends on Monday to fill in the things we have right now.

For now, they have booked a road to Hana tour for Wednesday and I know we are going to go to Iao and Lahaina. We’ll probably have a beach day also. So that will really only leave a day or two to add some activities. Just riding around is an activity for us.:)