• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Trading in II

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I discovered that Craigendarroch Lodges can trade in II. Can someone explain the process? I am a little familiar with trading in RCI via the HGVC RCI account. But how do you trade in II when there isn't a corporate account? (at least I don't think there is one). Like, would I need to get an individual account?

Last edited:

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
If it's like the SW Florida properties (which I assume it is), yes, you do need an individual account. Then you just make your reservation and deposit it with II.

Kurt

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo

audirt

Reaction score
I'm assuming the process would be identical for Elara owners, correct? Is there a how-to for this process?

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Is there a cost for that?
Annual membership is $89, less per year for multi years. The trade fee is $199. I believe your week is a 3 bedroom. Even if you trade for a smaller unit, same fee and a one to one trade. Others who trade for larger units have to pay an upgrade size fee.

Three bedrooms highly rated like yours trade extremely well in II. If available with an ogs you should be able to get your requests. There is no week combine like rci to bump someones value so your value stays real. II concept is like for like. The value of your week bumps you way up in the front of the line. Someone putting a request in earlier then you with a weaker week will not get it, you will.

They also have a request first feature where you don’t relinquish your week unless a match is made. You can use request first up until the date of your week. To search further out you would have to deposit. With request first it gives you the option to put the points into hgvc if you don’t get a match.

This year I used my hgvc affiliate at surf club at Marco Island to trade in II for the same week in Marriott’s Crystal Shores at Marco Island for a 3 br.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm assuming the process would be identical for Elara owners, correct? Is there a how-to for this process?
No. I think you are confusing the Westgate Elara units with the HGVC Elara units. They are completely separate.

Kurt

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This year I used my hgvc affiliate at surf club at Marco Island to trade in II for the same week in Marriott’s Crystal Shores at Marco Island for a 3 br.
What Surf Club week did you use, if you don't mind me asking? We own week 52 which I would assume would be a good trader in II, but every 5-6 years we also get week 53 as a bonus. HGVC won't give us any points for that week 53, so we either have to use it, rent it out, or trade it. I have been thinking about trading it in II next time it comes around, so I wonder what kind of trade power that would give us.

Kurt

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What Surf Club week did you use, if you don't mind me asking? We own week 52 which I would assume would be a good trader in II, but every 5-6 years we also get week 53 as a bonus. HGVC won't give us any points for that week 53, so we either have to use it, rent it out, or trade it. I have been thinking about trading it in II next time it comes around, so I wonder what kind of trade power that would give us.

Kurt
I believe you would get fabulous trade power. I have a one bedroom at Hgvc Plantation at Indian river week 52 and it sees lots of great trades on the left overs. I haven’t tried an ogs yet. My Surf Club is a lower demand week 50.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Thanks for the info @PigsDad and @Panina. You are correct, I am talking about a Week 26 3-Bd unit at Criagendarroch Lodges. This is good information for me to keep in mind. I purchased this unit mainly for the points but could see myself going there during this time of the year occasionally. I know that we have discussed purchasing where you like to go vs. just purchasing points. Anyways, that is off-topic from the OPs question. I was looking forward to predict point usage in 2020 and I already see that I am short even with this purchase. I might need to trim some of these reservations.

Last edited:

Martyvon

TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe you would get fabulous trade power. I have a one bedroom at Hgvc Plantation at Indian river week 52 and it sees lots of great trades on the left overs. I haven’t tried an ogs yet. My Surf Club is a lower demand week 50.
Have you ever rented out week 52 at PBC? If you did, how much did you get? I have week 51 one bedroom. Not ever planning on using it. We use week 45

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Thanks for the info @PigsDad and @Panina. You are correct, I am talking about a Week 26 3-Bd unit at Criagendarroch Lodges. This is good information for me to keep in mind. I purchased this unit manly for the points but could see myself going there during this time of the year occasionally. I know that we have discussed purchasing where you like to go vs. just purchasing points. Anyways, that is off-topic from the OPs question. I was looking forward to predict point usage in 2020 and I already see that I am short even with this purchase. I might need to trim some of these reservations.

Instead of trimming your weeks perhaps you could find a cash getaway at a nearby Marriott, or Westin with II? You could get a cash getaways or discounted Accommodation Certificates (AC) to get TS usage without ownership.

Trading in II is much better than RCI. Not only lower fees and few resort fees, but access to better (HGVC equivalent or better quality) resorts such as Marriott,Vistana and Hyatts instead of Wyndhams.

Does Craigendarroch 3 bdrm lock off? If so you can lock off your unit into say a 2 bdrm and a studio and deposit just one side of it into II. And use trade or rent the other side.

Last edited:

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Does Craigendarroch 3 bdrm lock off?

No, it is actually a separate lodge building. The HGVC sales rep did tell me that no one in the lodges currently trade in II but some in the suites do. Yes, you should check out Craigendarroch Lodges. It is worth looking at anyway. MFs are do at end of January, so the rep might get some good deals before then again.

You also get access to cash getaways and Accommodation Certificates (AC) to extend your usage without ownership.
Good idea, tell me more. Somehow, like would I just sign up for an account, register? Like walk me through it because I have no idea (or PM me). Thanks.

You are correct. One of the reasons that I am interested in II is because I have heard that there are better resorts in the trade. Like maybe, I could have used this to get into Maui for my trip next year instead of renting.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Last edited:

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
My II was included with our Vistana membership so not sure about sign up.

Check with your resort about whether you can lock off part of the unit and deposit in Ii.

Once you are signed up there is a getaway button on the main page and you can search for destinations and dates. We recently checked for Maui summer 19. There were some non-hotel branded resorts but it would be difficult to get hotel branded except in shoulder seasons. RCI has a similar function but you have to call.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Have you ever rented out week 52 at PBC? If you did, how much did you get? I have week 51 one bedroom. Not ever planning on using it. We use week 45

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
I never rented. The rental website shows $1995. I assume taxes have to be added. The sales rep can probably give you a good idea if it rents easily. Being its a holiday week it should be highly desirable.

If I didn’t own two weeks 51’s in Sunrise Marco Island I would be asking you about your week.

Just so you know and I was surprised, I got my week 52 for free including closing costs from an ebay seller. I am thinking PBC has higher mfs and our weeks have higher re taxes then others, so even with 4800 point value, sadly really no resale value, unless my purchase was a needle in a haystack.

Have you traded it in II? My hgvc have very high trading power in II. Also right here within tug you might be able to get a great trade from another tugger.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Just checked II and Craigenderoch is listed in the II directory. However, nothing available for getaways right now. It says there is skiing close by in the winter. Any good?

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
My 2 bedroom @Craigendarroch lodge is indeed enrolled in Interval. I was a member but i wanted to have everything in there. The resort is a bit confused when it comes to II, i do not think that a lot of people are enrolled. Not a big deal in the end because the people who work there are very nice and they fix any mistake very quickly.

I never exchanged myself, i briefly had and OGS that i cancelled. I was also aiming for the moon and i do not know what i would have matched eventually.
The getaways in Interval are amazing sometimes. Most of them are not high season but still good weeks.
IMO the II membership cost is worth it even if you never trade but you buy one or more getaways every year. Occasionally they run promotions, i was able to buy a multi-year membership for 50% off.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
How did you obtain or find out about this?
i got a call from their marketing dept. I had just paid for the regular membership and they refunded me and i paid for the new deal.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Just checked II and Craigenderoch is listed in the II directory. However, nothing available for getaways right now. It says there is skiing close by in the winter. Any good?

I saw that Craigendarroch Lodge was in the II directory from @alwysonvac reply. It looks like Glenshee Ski Center (trail map) is about 25 miles away. I personally can not imagine traveling to Scotland to go skiing instead of Colorado and Utah or any of the areas in the West.

tombanjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HCNY
here is a link to a PDF regarding the skiing.

Craigendarroch is not primarily about skiing , so it's not competing with US destinations like Vail, Breckenridge, ETC. The location is in a park and closeness to castles and nature are the attraction.

Being in Scotland, many owners are British and for family fun snow vacation wouldn't consider flying to the US, where this more local.

https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/co...lton_Craigendarroch_Snowsports_Compressed.pdf

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Annual membership is $89, less per year for multi years. The trade fee is $199. I believe your week is a 3 bedroom. Even if you trade for a smaller unit, same fee and a one to one trade. Others who trade for larger units have to pay an upgrade size fee.

Three bedrooms highly rated like yours trade extremely well in II. If available with an ogs you should be able to get your requests. There is no week combine like rci to bump someones value so your value stays real. II concept is like for like. The value of your week bumps you way up in the front of the line. Someone putting a request in earlier then you with a weaker week will not get it, you will.

They also have a request first feature where you don’t relinquish your week unless a match is made. You can use request first up until the date of your week. To search further out you would have to deposit. With request first it gives you the option to put the points into hgvc if you don’t get a match.

I would not have high expectations about the trading power simply because there is very little evidence of that. Interval is a strange animal in my experience and what seems to be logical does not have to translate into their practice; the people you interact with are very far from the decision chain so they cannot help much if at all. Do not forget that many of the nicest resorts have priority (Vistana and Marriott) and those owners have the first crack at everything.

I would not enroll the week based on the expectation to get a Westin or a Marriott in Hawaii in prime whale watching season, those exchanges may or may not come. Yet I still believe that you would like Interval and you would find the resorts much better than those in RCI. Your downside is also limited, if things do not turn out the way you expect you just do not renew after one year.