• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI vs Interval

El485hlax

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana Orlando
Hello everyone!
We are in the process of purchasing our first timeshare at the Sheraton Vistana (buying resale from a seller on the Tug2 marketplace of course)!
We are curious of the pros and cons of both RCI and Interval.
Is there a difference in trade value from each exchange?
Any insight would be appreciated!

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Some say that II has a higher percentage of 'better' resorts, but with Disney and Hilton both exchanging in RCI, that assessment lacks evidence. You'll be able to find suitable exchanges (all at more $$$$ cost than we like) in either outfit. Incidentally- since your resort is in Orlando, Disney is blocked and not an option for you.

Welcome to TUG. If you are going to be actively exchanging, I'd suggest you actually JOIN TUG. ($15/yr) to get access to the reviews by TUGgers of thousands of resorts worldwide. Click the yellowish SUPPORT TUG link in the blue stripe at the top of this and every page.

Jim

El485hlax

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana Orlando
Some say that II has a higher percentage of 'better' resorts, but with Disney and Hilton both exchanging in RCI, that assessment lacks evidence. You'll be able to find suitable exchanges (all at more $$$$ cost than we like) in either outfit. Incidentally- since your resort is in Orlando, Disney is blocked and not an option for you.

Welcome to TUG. If you are going to be actively exchanging, I'd suggest you actually JOIN TUG. ($15/yr) to get access to the reviews by TUGgers of thousands of resorts worldwide. Click the yellowish SUPPORT TUG link in the blue stripe at the top of this and every page.

Jim

Thanks Jim! I did join TUG! $15 well spent!

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
Some say that II has a higher percentage of 'better' resorts, but with Disney and Hilton both exchanging in RCI, that assessment lacks evidence.

Jim

Not really. II has Marriott, Westin, Hyatt and Four Seasons so plenty of 'better' resorts.

The real issue is who has the resorts in the area you want and cost. RCI costs more to use.
Look at the resort directories in each to see who has what you want.

Sue

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Jim! I did join TUG! $15 well spent!
Thanks. It's been a long time since I did it, but iirc you'll get an email with a code to enter to change your status to the 'prestigous' Member tag.

El485hlax

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana Orlando
Not really. II has Marriott, Westin, Hyatt and Four Seasons so plenty of 'better' resorts.

The real issue is who has the resorts in the area you want and cost. RCI costs more to use.
Look at the resort directories in each to see who has what you want.

Sue

Thanks Sue! I’ll check them both out. I am acquiring a week 25 2br unit at SV in the Falls. Any idea what it would be worth if we exchanged on II and RCI?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
You can join both RCI and II, but there is a yearly membership fee, so it's better to strategically join an exchange company when you are ready to make an exchange. Keep in mind that the best strategy is to put in your exchange requests a year out, so it takes some advanced planning. Putting in an ongoing search is like wait listing for the resort/date you want.

RCI and II have very different inventory, so which works best at any given time depends on where you want to go. If you want to trade for other Sheraton/Westin/Starwood/Vistana properties, they are affiliated with II.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Hello everyone!
We are in the process of purchasing our first timeshare at the Sheraton Vistana (buying resale from a seller on the Tug2 marketplace of course)!
We are curious of the pros and cons of both RCI and Interval.
Is there a difference in trade value from each exchange?
Any insight would be appreciated!

I am not familiar with the resort so I don’t know if you have any resort specific portal access to rci or II thus I am telling you what I think based on a private account and the value I looked up on both sites.

I believe II will give you better trades as your week has a high tpu value and a high rating. Realize that orlando has lots of availability which diminishes a little of its trade value. An ogs will give you the best outcomes.

Rci will give between 25-28 tpus, it fluctuates and can go up or down. It will give you lots of choices but will not give you enough points for higher demand areas and times. So for example you can get a prime summer week 2 br at a Blue Ridge Resort at Blue Ridge mountains with left over points but wouldn’t have enough points to get a prime winter week in southwest Florida. Rci does have reduced rates for short term trades. If they become available, many times they do many times they don’t, a week normally requiring 30 or more tpus can be had 10-13.

I must disclose Everyone knows I prefer II. Some tuggers have even accused me of bashing RCI. For me the value of rci is short term reduce tpu trades and being able to trade into Disney which being you already own in orlando that benefit will not exist. Everything else, rates, trades, customer service is better in II, my opinion if course.