• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vidanta room allocation for exchangers NV

Tacoma

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have read many posts on here speculating that the sales force has control over who gets what rooms. My recent experience at NV disproves that theory. I exchanged over a year and a half earlier into a 3 bedroom grand luxxe unit. I opted for the free shuttle for the 6 of us had excellent service right up till the sales guy. He took us to another area and then said he had booked a free breakfast for our entire group on Tuesday morning. I am clearly good at getting rid of sales guys since less than 5 minutes later he walked awy from me without even writing down the room number or showing us how to get there. I actually had to find him to get the room number as he completely abandoned us.

Finding our room was difficult but when we finally did (even our keys did not work) we had the corner unit of the punta building looking over the entire resort. We could see Puerto Vallarta, the pools and ocean in front and the resort and lagoons. Other than the fact we were on the first floor over the restaurant at treetop level, we had without a doubt one of the top 6 or so views at the resort. Clearly sales would not have given us this room if they controlled the room allocation. We also got no further phone calls from the sales team.

That said the rooms are spectacular, especially our deck with 2 plunge pools for the 3 bedrooms. Still to me I call this resort a 5* prison since it is so difficult to leave. Totally not me but it sure did impress my friends. i am looking forward to my worldmark vacation in Zihuatenejo for spring break where I will be able to get out and about the town and try different restaurants and beaches. I did manage to break out one day to Sayulita and that town appeals to me.

Joan

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I have read many posts on here speculating that the sales force has control over who gets what rooms. My recent experience at NV disproves that theory. I exchanged over a year and a half earlier into a 3 bedroom grand luxxe unit. I opted for the free shuttle for the 6 of us had excellent service right up till the sales guy. He took us to another area and then said he had booked a free breakfast for our entire group on Tuesday morning. I am clearly good at getting rid of sales guys since less than 5 minutes later he walked awy from me without even writing down the room number or showing us how to get there. I actually had to find him to get the room number as he completely abandoned us.

Finding our room was difficult but when we finally did (even our keys did not work) we had the corner unit of the punta building looking over the entire resort. We could see Puerto Vallarta, the pools and ocean in front and the resort and lagoons. Other than the fact we were on the first floor over the restaurant at treetop level, we had without a doubt one of the top 6 or so views at the resort. Clearly sales would not have given us this room if they controlled the room allocation. We also got no further phone calls from the sales team.

That said the rooms are spectacular, especially our deck with 2 plunge pools for the 3 bedrooms. Still to me I call this resort a 5* prison since it is so difficult to leave. Totally not me but it sure did impress my friends. i am looking forward to my worldmark vacation in Zihuatenejo for spring break where I will be able to get out and about the town and try different restaurants and beaches. I did manage to break out one day to Sayulita and that town appeals to me.

Joan

That sounds like bad customer service to abandon you without even telling you your room number. How did you get rid of the sales guy so quickly? Did you insult him or something?

Since you reserved a 3 bedroom at Nuevo Vallarta, you were guaranteed a great room because the other choices would have been the 3 bedroom spa suites or the 3 bedroom lofts. The idea is that they will put exchangers into the lowest level of whatever category you exchange into.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
They probably got him to leave quickly by agreeing to the free breakfast, which is associated with the sales presentation. That guy’s job is just to get you into it, and he had accomplished that.

Tacoma

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
It was truly horrific customer service. The entire group agreed that it was the worst ever. I think I only had to say no to him twice. I said I didn't want to go to the free breakfast and the presentation and then I said I was only here for vacation. I must send off vibes that they can tell I will not budge. I was completely shocked when he left, I was totally prepared for a long push. The last check in at Vidanta (several years ago) the guy said he would blacklist me from getting into their resorts if I did not attend the sales presentation. I didn't attend then either but it took more effort.

If the lowest room they have for an exchanger is at the end of the building closest to the ocean then I am shocked. Since it was the end unit we had glass railings on 2 sides. We literally had the room that if you looked up from the grand luxxe pool closest to the ocean you would say I want that end unit. Of course there were 2 higher floors but the top floor was clearly a different lay out as that room had the entire front of the punta building. So at least for now rooms are not decided by sales. It was low season so I know that was a huge part.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
This is the super low season, if you were there in a few more weeks or spring, you would have not been so fortunate. We generally go around Thanksgiving and when we use our unit, they are super, but when we exchange in, not so much. Enjoy it! It is a lovely destination vacation.