• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Moments

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
While checking an II reservation for Aruba on Marriott.com I stumbled upon this option to book things to do. Tours, Sailings, etc. One stop shop booking for all island activities. The things I looked at offer 10 MR points per $1 and cost the same as directly booking with the company.

Easy way to accumulate MR points for things you may be booking anyway.

I need to book a kayak tour for 7 people - will get me 4900 MR points. Wonder if I will also get 6x with Chase Premier card????

Anyone with any experience using them?

https://moments.marriott.com/

Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
That's is a very good way to achieve points.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Interesting. There was a time you could book activities and excursions through the resort's concierge and get mega points but they stopped that sometime ago for the resorts so if this is something where you can reserve through Marriott and get the points then that could be a good way to generate points. If you book it through Marriott there is a good chance you're get the chase points but I'd love to get that confirmed because then you're talking a really good points generator if that is the case and the pricing for the activities and excursions isn't higher than what can be purchased via another channel.

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well - I will be the tester. All the "excursions" I want to do I checked pricing individually with the vendors. All the same price. Trip isn't for another month. But, I will report back.

mash84121

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point, WorldMark
We used this last June when we were in Boston. We bought the Boston Go Cards through Marriott Moments. The price was the same and about three weeks later our extra points showed up in my MR account. I earned over 6400 MR points for four Boston Go Cards. It worked great. For future activities I will definitely check Marriott Moments.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We used this last June when we were in Boston. We bought the Boston Go Cards through Marriott Moments. The price was the same and about three weeks later our extra points showed up in my MR account. I earned over 6400 MR points for four Boston Go Cards. It worked great. For future activities I will definitely check Marriott Moments.
That is excellent news to know. I'm going back there right now to check it out.

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
As promised, I tested this out. I booked tours while staying at Aruba Ocean club in late November. Both the tours were the same price if I would have book with vendor direct. I received emails that I would earn MR points within 2-4 weeks.

Long story short, I never received the points. (but keep reading, it wasn't the systems fault) I have spent hours on the phones with each rep giving me a different number to call. MR team elevated my request, with still no results. I requested all my calls be logged as notes on my account.

Tonight, I finally found a MR rep that helped me out. He was great and told me right from the start by the end of the call I would have the points in my account, even if he had to just give them to me. I was on hold for a while, but he came back and told me he was giving me the complimentary points....but he also found the issue. Upon making the reservations he stated I reversed 2 numbers in my MR number. Ok - but I did that on all the reservations? Didn't make sense. I pulled the number off the back of my Chase Marriott visa. Low and behold, the number on my chase visa has the numbers reversed. He said he fixed it an in a few weeks I may see the real point earnings in my account too.

So, I will try this again. Easy points for things I would book anyway. I also checked out options locally to me and there are a lot of options.

10 points per $1 for the bookings
2 points per $1 for using the Chase MR Visa

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
We did a bunch of Marriott Moments tours last year in Taiwan. I enjoyed them and pricing was competitive. I liked getting the bonus points.

Luvtoride

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Desert Springs Villas II
Marriott Grande Ocean
Mdurette, always an explanation. We booked 2 activities with the Marriott Moments before our Nov trip to Aruba Surf club. All worked fine and we received he 10x points in our account promptly.
Hmmm, You’re number was wrong on the cc and with your bookings? Maybe that’s why I’m getting credited with MR points for my account for stays that I haven’t taken,?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
On a side note - I noticed Southwest Air has this offering using the same vendor, but they only offer 1 pt per $