• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[OFFICIAL Vistana *2019* Maintenance Fees Thread]

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Congrats to David who is the first Tugger to report 2019 maintenance fees!

In addition to posting in this thread, please post your maintenance fees in our data base, provided by Nico. (Thank you Nico!)

CLICK HERE: MF Data Base

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2019 MF
WKORV DLX - $3271.34
SVN Fee: $151.04

2.52% increase in MFs

2018 was $3190.93 (2.22% increase over 2017)
2017 was $3121.50

FIRST!!! LOL

and my 10,000 post!
(side note. my 1st post was Denise’s 1000th, and my 1000th was Denise’s 10,000th post - is she at 100,000th yet? LOL)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Congrats to Dave for being first!

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
WKORV North OF 2-bedrm

$2,640.90 MF

3.07% increase ($78.60) from previous year.

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
WKORV North IV 2BR $2,640.90, same as OF.

WKORV OV 2BR $2,384.07

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have recently realized that the notices for the HOA Board meetings give information about the upcoming annual fees. On the back of the letter announcing the HOA Board meeting for Vistana Viallges, is next yea's budget.

I always ignored the budget in the past, thinking I could never figure it out. But, I looked carefully this time and saw "operating expenses" and "reserves" listed. I suspect these will be rubber-stamped at the board meeting. So, the only component of annual fees that isn't already know is the state real estate taxes. (The HOA Board has no say over the state taxes.)

There was also a section saying the estimated remaining life of the elements of the physical plant (the roofs, the HVAC, etc). It also said how much the items were expected to cost to replace, and how much in replacement funds had been set aside.

It looks like there is a gold mind of information there. Unfortunately, I put my Board Meeting announcements in the recycle bin. :doh:But, it would be worth sharing our knowledge here and trying to figure out things such as whether replacements are adequately funded, whether bad debt is higher than last year, etc.

I did recall that the bad debt for my Vistana Village HOA was 9%, and I thought that was surprisingly high. I believe this was for Key West, although I also own Bella.

Upshot: Probably all of the annual fees for next year have already been announced, not including the real estate taxes.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I have recently realized that the notices for the HOA Board meetings give information about the upcoming annual fees. On the back of the letter announcing the HOA Board meeting for Vistana Viallges, is next yea's budget.

I always ignored the budget in the past, thinking I could never figure it out. But, I looked carefully this time and saw "operating expenses" and "reserves" listed. I suspect these will be rubber-stamped at the board meeting. So, the only component of annual fees that isn't already know is the state real estate taxes. (The HOA Board has no say over the state taxes.)

There was also a section saying the estimated remaining life of the elements of the physical plant (the roofs, the HVAC, etc). It also said how much the items were expected to cost to replace, and how much in replacement funds had been set aside.

It looks like there is a gold mind of information there. Unfortunately, I put my Board Meeting announcements in the recycle bin. :doh:But, it would be worth sharing our knowledge here and trying to figure out things such as whether replacements are adequately funded, whether bad debt is higher than last year, etc.

I did recall that the bad debt for my Vistana Village HOA was 9%, and I thought that was surprisingly high. I believe this was for Key West, although I also own Bella.

Upshot: Probably all of the annual fees for next year have already been announced, not including the real estate taxes.
All that stuff with regard to the budget for SVV is a Florida requirement. That breakdown of useful life of capital expenditures is also based on Florida requirements,. I however don't understand why SVV doesn't include the real estate tax amount, both of our Orlando Marriott timeshares do. The board knows the amount, I don't know why they don't include it in the details in the estimated budget.

There is also at least one variance between the estimated budget that is included in that notice and the final one. The estimated budget will have the replacement reserve fee amount showing based on the ownership not voting to waive fully funding the reserves. So there is a high probability that the replacement reserve amount will reduce significantly when/if waiving of fully funding reserves passes at the annual meeting.

maggiesmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sheraton Vistana Resort
Unit week-Annual
Standard Two-Bedroom
Unit (1)
In my SVR Proposed Budget of Operating Expenses, Jan. 1, 2019,
what are Vistana Vacation Club Dues of $29.95 for?
Thank you.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
what are Vistana Vacation Club Dues of $29.95 for?
Perhaps this is some internal club that also allows you to book at Vistana Beach Club?

maggiesmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here the answer I got from Vistana:

Thank you for contacting Vistana Management, Inc.

For information purposes, the budget document that is approved yearly by the Board of Directors is determined for all owners at the particular property, not individually. As for the field in question (Vistana Vacation Club Dues), this total is not associated with the Vistana Signature Network (VSN) membership as this charge (VSN) is not part of the budget.

For inquiries regarding how your fees are determined and the budget is approved, it is recommended that you contact your Board of Directors directly at boardrelations@vistana.com. To ensure that requests submitted to the Board are properly addressed, it is essential that you provide your six digit contract number and Association name in all your communications with their representatives.

If we can be of further assistance, our hours of operation are:

Monday - Thursday 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Eastern time
Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern time
800-729-8246 - Toll free
407-903-4670 - Local & International
407-418-7771 - Facsimile

Sincerely,
Association Management

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
Westin Kierland Villas
2 Bedroom Lockoff

2019 MF
$1,203.22 Operating Assessment
$300.00 Replacement Reserves
$62.09 Estimated Real Estate Tax
= $1,565.31 total

This is compared to a 2018 MF of $1,543.15.

Total increase is $22.16 or 1.4%.

krj9999

TUG Member
Reaction score
SDO. Pleasantly surprised. No change (though for some reason the 1BR standard is 1 cent higher than 2018).

1BR Standard $669.48
1BR Premium $789.03
2BR $1,147.68

farsighted99

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Nanea (Maui)
Nanea - Maui
1 Bedroom Unit

2019 MF

1,341.53 Maintenance Fee
151.04 Membership Fee
1,492.57 Total

Didn't pay the "voluntary" ARDA ROC PAC contribution of $10.

Last year's MF's were $1358.29

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Nanea - Maui
1 Bedroom Unit

2019 MF

1,341.53 Maintenance Fee
151.04 Membership Fee
1,492.57 Total

Didn't pay the "voluntary" ARDA ROC PAC contribution of $10.

Last year's MF's were $1358.29
How many Home Options is this? I didn't think they actually sold units at Nanea, just enough points to book in to a certain unit size.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
How many Home Options is this? I didn't think they actually sold units at Nanea, just enough points to book in to a certain unit size.

That is correct and the actual cost per point went down 1.2% from last year so not sure about the statement that there was an increase.

Screen Shot 2018-10-26 at 5.20.21 PM.png

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
WKOVR North EOY 2 BR OF

$133.92 Master Association Assessment
$283.41 Apartment Owners Assessment
$923.12 Vacation Ownership Assessment
$1340.45 Total

$151.04 VSN Membership Fee
$10.00 One Ohana Foundation & Trust (optional)

Why is the EOY MF more than double the annual MF?

Is the VSN Membership Fee charged annually on an EOY unit?

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Why is the EOY MY more than half the annual MF?
Some resorts charge an additional $30 fee for EOY ownerships.

Is the VSN Membership Fee charged annually on an EOY unit?
Yes, the VSN fee is charged every year. Even for EOY ownerships. This makes EOY ownerships rather expensive if you only own one week.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
Some resorts charge an additional $30 fee for EOY ownerships.

Yes, the VSN fee is charged every year. Even for EOY ownerships. This makes EOY ownerships rather expensive if you only own one week.

Yes, this is my first MF bill since owning Vistana. The extra fees are adding up. I hope Vistana and Marriott do integrate so I can stop paying for two trading accounts...assuming Marriott does not take anything away.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
So if $2640 for annual WKORVN listed above, why is EOY $360 more ie $1501 x2 = $3002. Shouldnt it be $150 for extra VSN fee but still $210 difference when you take this onto acct...why such a large discrepancy?

Does the $2640 not include the VSN fee?

Last edited:

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
So if $2640 for annual WKORVN listed above, why is EOY $360 more ie $1501 x2 = $3002. Shouldnt it be $150 for extra VSN fee but still $210 difference when you take this onto acct...why such a large discrepancy?

Does the $2640 not include the VSN fee?

The $2,640 does not include the VSN fee.

To make it apples to apples we need to show ONLY the MF not, the PAC contribution or the VSN fee as the VSN fee does not apply to every contract and the PAC contribution is optional.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
The $2,640 does not include the VSN fee.

To make it apples to apples we need to show ONLY the MF not, the PAC contribution or the VSN fee as the VSN fee does not apply to every contract and the PAC contribution is optional.

Agree. VSN fees are not the same for everyone. Including them only leads to confusion - and inaccurate math when calculating % changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Okay, I fixed mine.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
I know how much this news upsets the narrative that is trumpeted about by some, but it's true.

2019 MF at WKORVN are $2,640.90

2018 - $2,713.26

2017 - $2,721.75

2016 - $2,742.65

Three decreases in a row.

Some of your numbers include the VSN fee and therefore are not representative of the true MFs and the direction those MFs are going.

2018 - $2,713.26 includes $151.04 of VSN Membership Fee. Correct amount for 2018 - $2,562.22

2017 - $2,721.75 includes $145.60 of VSN Membership Fee. Correct amount for 2017 - $2,576.15

I'm unable to lay my hands on my 2016 information at this time.

Therefore the difference between 2018 and 2019 is a 3.07% INCREASE not a decrease. (Same as shown in Post #3 above).

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Oh come on, controller1 - A Lahaina timeshare sales person would never massage the numbers to support his agenda! ;)