• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

2019 Club Dues $176?

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
OK, so we just closed on our resale and our account was activated on Monday. I’m pursuing the app and I look in my contract and see that I have MF’s due. I click the link and see that I’m being billed just for my 2019 club dues ($176). So it looks like the club dues have gone up $6.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
That sounds par for the course. You can pay them now if you want spread out the expense, help with a credit card bonus, etc. Or simply wait and pay these together with your MF bill.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Yes, When I logged into my account, I had a bill for $176. Of course, this is club dues already showing up. That means that the MFs are not far behind.

Last edited:

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Yes, When I logged into my account, I had a bill for $176. Of course, this is club dues already showing up. That means that the MFs are far behind.
I already got my my bill for 2019 mfs from two of my hgvc weeks.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Time to start a 2019 maintenance fee sticky thread!

Kurt

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Last edited:

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
OK, so we just closed on our resale and our account was activated on Monday. I’m pursuing the app and I look in my contract and see that I have MF’s due. I click the link and see that I’m being billed just for my 2019 club dues ($176). So it looks like the club dues have gone up $6.

Did you also have to pay 2018 Club dues of $170 previously?

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Not yet. The only thing HGVC has billed us so far is the $176 for 2019 club dues. No 2018 dues nor the $599 activation fee has come into our account.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
The only thing HGVC has billed us so far is the $176 for 2019 club dues. No 2018 dues nor the $599 activation fee has come into our account.

Well, the 2019 club dues are just hitting everyone's account. When I was billed the activation fee, it was about 1 month later. I was hoping that HGVC forgot, but they didn't.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well, the 2019 club dues are just hitting everyone's account. When I was billed the activation fee, it was about 1 month later. I was hoping that HGVC forgot, but they didn't.

One can hope they won't bill the $599, but I know that's coming. Hopefully they won't bill me the $170 for the 2018 dues.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
One can hope they won't bill the $599, but I know that's coming. Hopefully they won't bill me the $170 for the 2018 dues.

Let us know if you get billed for 2018 club dues.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Let us know if you get billed for 2018 club dues.

I will. Just for reference, the deed was sent to HGVC (and us) on Sept 25th and we called HGVC and our account was activated on Oct 8th. I noticed the bill for the club dues on Oct 10th.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Mine haven’t been posted yet. Maybe it’s because I’m international.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Our W. 57th and Flamingo still show last years' data. Maybe it's because we're also international (many don't consider California as part of the US...especially Californians...:))

Cheers.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

I may be jinxing us, but the $599 club activation fee was added to our account and there is no charge for the $170 2018 club dues. I just noticed the activation fee today.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
there is no charge for the $170 2018 club dues.

Well hopefully you won't. You might have hit the sweet spot, before increase in HGVC activation fees and after previous years club dues. I on the other hand (last purchase), didn't close until after the new year which required the higher activation fee.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well hopefully you won't. You might have hit the sweet spot, before increase in HGVC activation fees and after previous years club dues. I on the other hand (last purchase), didn't close until after the new year which required the higher activation fee.

Yeah, hoping they don’t add on the $170. It would be the perfect sweet spot.

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
Our W. 57th and Flamingo still show last years' data. Maybe it's because we're also international (many don't consider California as part of the US...especially Californians...:))

Cheers.

I have heard that for Hawaiians, Texans, and people from Key West but that is a first for Californians!!

Ralph Sir Edward

TUG Member
Reaction score
In 2000, I was working for Chase Manhattan bank (before they became JPMorganChase), and on of the C-suite executives went on a tour of international subsidiaries of the bank. In his "rah rah" email afterwards, he included Ohio as an international location. . . . .

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
So we have the HOA bills for both of our Flamingo properties, but not yet for W. 57th. One of the Flamingo properties has a Club Dues line at $299. This is pretty much the amount for the inclusive dues offered to bHC folks that includes no reservation fees (last year it was $290). I was surprised to see it on the Flamingo bill and called to ask about it to make sure that it will not show up also on W. 57th, and also to inquire why it was showing up on Flamingo in the first place.

Not only did not get an answer to this, but was told that, in fact, Club Dues were per-contract, as opposed to per membership. When I told the agent that this was incorrect she affirmed that she had spoken to her supervisor and, yes, it is paid per contract. They are going to investigate further :)

Frustrating that the billing people are not familiar with very basic stuff like this so that they can answer other questions without getting bogged down in mistakes.

Cheers.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I had a similar question with the NYC AI fee attached to our Vegas property and called. The agent said we will only be charged once and it is random. Probably because the Vegas MF came out first.

Reactions: brp

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had a similar question with the NYC AI fee attached to our Vegas property and called. The agent said we will only be charged once and it is random. Probably because the Vegas MF came out first.

Thanks! That's what I figured but wanted to confirm since I didn't think that our Vegas contracts "knew" about the W. 57th in a way that would have them add the all-inclusive fee there. Apparently they do "know." and clearly you spoke with someone better-informed than I did :)

Still gonna wait until the W. 57th bill comes out before paying anything...

Cheers.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I am not worried. If they charged duplicate club fees on owners with multiple properties, there would be an owner revolt