• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Significant 2019 Manhattan Club Availability (Oct 2018)

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
I am new to timesharing (newbie HGVC owner). I live on the East Coast and have been looking to snag a weekend in NYC at HGVC W 57th or possibly the Residences bHC. Since I have been watching things, it seems hard to do through HGVC if you don't own at those properties AND can't be done more than 45 days out unless you own there.

With NYC so hard to book, I have been pleasantly surprised in the last few days to see major Manhattan Club inventory suddenly appear on RCI (through my HGVC portal).

At this time MC has studios and 1 BR's broadly available from early January through late August. Is this common to happen all at once every year or does it have to do with Bluegreen having recently bought the property? Seems from the press coverage availability of rooms had previously been a big problem there.

I am giving it a try next Memorial Day Weekend. The user reviews are good. The points are a good trade for me, but offset by the property having a $54.41 DAILY resort use fee.

At time of posting MC is showing 457 check-in nights available on the RCI portal. This is compared to 2 for the Hilton Club of New York and 1 for W 57th bHC.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
@escanoe we are a W57 owner. You are correct that HGVC is very limited in NYC if you are not an owner - it's very easy for owners up to 44 days prior. When nights are available to non-owners they are the worst units aka hotel room, with no owners lounge access. (Check out my photo of Central park view from W57 on the HGVC forum "View from the Balcony" if you want to see what views owners get.)

RCI/Manhattan Club typically provides units for a full week. If you want less than a week, you still must pay the daily resort fee for the entire week. This fee plus your $239 trade plus your HGVC points can add up to a pricey stay. Run the numbers to see if it makes sense vs. a few hotel room nights on points or cash. This may be why Manhattan club has so much availability.

Last edited:

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Be sure to ask for a new unit. The older ones a dumpy and need major updates.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
@escanoe RCI/Manhattan Club typically provides units for a full week. If you want less than a week, you still must pay the daily resort fee for the entire week. This fee plus your $239 trade plus your HGVC points can add up to a pricey stay. Run the numbers to see if it makes sense vs. a few hotel room nights on points or cash. This may be why Manhattan club has so much availability.

As a Vegas (peasant class) HGVCer, I stand in admiration of your great "view from the balcony" photo I checked out. Nice!

I thought I had an OK deal for a three day Memorial Day weekend with the fam to Manhattan Club, and now you have me scared I may have stepped in something before I even make it to Central Park. I previously read the small print and feel reasonably sure I will be OK. The property is definitely listed as points and for the sacrifice of 2040 of my HGVC points (through the RCI portal) and a $99 transaction fee I have a 1 bedroom booked for the three day weekend (Fri thru Sun nights). The RCI fee tab for the MC clearly states it is $54.51 "mandatory per night booked." I'm certainly going to be upset if they try to charge me that for seven nights instead of just the three I booked. Gosh, that's almost enough to make me start worrying about getting back the $600 deposit they say they will need. I can't believe they would try to do me that bad.

There is no way I could get that weekend at the W 57th with my commoner 44 day window. If I hypothetically could, it would cost me 4,320 HGVC points and an exchange fee. I realize what I am getting is no W 57th, but it does have better Trip Advisor user ratings than HCNY.

Thanks for encouraging me to take a second look at this.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
My apologies...I did not mean to scare you. When we looked last year at Manhattan Club for a larger group all we could book is weeks. There are some RCI codes that are 3 and 4 day so you might be ok.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
My apologies...I did not mean to scare you. When we looked last year at Manhattan Club for a larger group all we could book is weeks. There are some RCI codes that are 3 and 4 day so you might be ok.

You can book nightly stays as well.
Manhattan Club is available in both RCI WEEKS and RCI POINTS inventory.
With RCI POINTS you can book from 1 to 21 consecutive nights.

I am new to timesharing (newbie HGVC owner). I live on the East Coast and have been looking to snag a weekend in NYC at HGVC W 57th or possibly the Residences bHC. Since I have been watching things, it seems hard to do through HGVC if you don't own at those properties AND can't be done more than 45 days out unless you own there.

With NYC so hard to book, I have been pleasantly surprised in the last few days to see major Manhattan Club inventory suddenly appear on RCI (through my HGVC portal).

At this time MC has studios and 1 BR's broadly available from early January through late August. Is this common to happen all at once every year or does it have to do with Bluegreen having recently bought the property? Seems from the press coverage availability of rooms had previously been a big problem there.

I am giving it a try next Memorial Day Weekend. The user reviews are good. The points are a good trade for me, but offset by the property having a $54.41 DAILY resort use fee.

At time of posting MC is showing 457 check-in nights available on the RCI portal. This is compared to 2 for the Hilton Club of New York and 1 for W 57th bHC.

Many resorts do bulk deposits into RCI. Manhattan Club is one of them.
Manhattan Club availability doesn’t get snatched up as quickly compared to the Hilton NY locations due to their high daily resort fees.

RCI Sightings are posted in the TUG MEMBER Sightings forum. If you become a member you can get access to both current and historical sightings reported ;)

Last edited:

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
RCI Sightings are posted in the TUG MEMBER Sightings forum. If you become a member you can get access to both current and historical sightings reported ;)

Thanks. I have been a member since June, but till today had never linked my BBS account with my TUG membership. Now I will take advantage of this feature.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
What about the Penthouse Suites through II? Any recommendations for the room locations of 1br units there?

Last edited: