• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Palace Resorts All Inclusive Plan cost?! (2018)

mbeach89

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello! Interval International has offered me an accommodation certificate and I was looking at the Palace Resorts in Cancun. The resort representative quoted me a price of $272/day/per person!....(for food ?!?!?!) Does this sound right?? Thanks.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Yes, it sounds right and it's ridiculous. Mandatory all inclusive timeshares are almost always a very bad deal. It would be cheaper to go to Expedia and just book it for cash outright.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello! Interval International has offered me an accommodation certificate and I was looking at the Palace Resorts in Cancun. The resort representative quoted me a price of $272/day/per person!....(for food ?!?!?!) Does this sound right?? Thanks.
And, if you buy through II or RCI, sometimes you are required to pay for the full occupancy of the unit (e.g. 4 persons) and for the full 7 nights...even if there are fewer people in your party and you may be arriving late or leaving early.

We don't recommend selecting an AI resort through the Exchange companies. Try Costco, Apple Vacations, or the resort's own website.

mbeach89

TUG Member
Reaction score
And, if you buy through II or RCI, sometimes you are required to pay for the full occupancy of the unit (e.g. 4 persons) and for the full 7 nights...even if there are fewer people in your party and you may be arriving late or leaving early.

We don't recommend selecting an AI resort through the Exchange companies. Try Costco, Apple Vacations, or the resort's own website.
Thanks! Looks like I'll be using that Accommodation Certificate for Orlando, FL instead.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Check Costco Travel. They often have good deals for All Inclusive in mexico that include air fare.

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
Check Costco Travel. They often have good deals for All Inclusive in mexico that include air fare.

I too found the mandatory inclusive fees on RCI for Mexican timeshares insane. 200 plus a day fee where food and drink are cheap?

What are they smoking?

Yes, just pay your maintenance fee and use whatever left in your wallet to book an all inclusive package for cash. Sheesh.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pierrepierre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Palace Resorts
Check on what the all-inclusive gives you! Tours, spa treatments, special dinners??? We have always done better with A-I. We book for a better holiday than just a room, and having that Bailey's for my coffee in the morning is wonderful!!!!!

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
... But a bottle of Bailey's costs <$20 and lasts more than a week. We've always found it less expensive to just pay for the meals, tours and spa treatments we want instead of paying for AI. Might be just me, but I also wind up drinking a bit less when it's not "free," and find I’m better off over all.

Last edited:

pierrepierre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Palace Resorts
All inclusive fees may be considered high....I just do not want to lift a finger while on HOLIDAY! Drinks, spa, transfers...no problem I will pay for what I get! We have worked hard our entire life.....so the extra treats while on holiday are money well spent. Once you have the Aromatherapeutic, or Four hands Massage, or Kukulcan Massage...my holiday gets better and better. Yes, you could have one meal not up to par...maybe I ordered wrong, or the chef was having a bad moment.....be forgiving and thankful as you can always order something else. Options are unlimited.....we go with a thankful heart and open mind...but, we try to take a positive spin on everything in life. If you think fees are high...don't go there! It is very simple. (And we/I have never had the booze in the room, thought my husband will have a cold beer after coming in from a day of sun! Because it is included, does not mean you have to drink the place dry...and the ones that try, pay for it!)