• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New II Exchange Fee into Vidanta

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
REQUIRED SURCHARGES (energy, accommodations/occupancy tax, bed tax, fees or other miscellaneous) ARE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE OCCUPANT AND ARE PAYABLE DIRECTLY TO THE RESORT. Surcharges are subject to change without notice. Effective day October 5, 2018: Resort Fee per unit/per week. 0BED: USD252. 1BED: USD378. 2BED/LARGER UNITS: USD630.

mike53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner (2)
OBBR (2)
Island Seas (2)
Grand Luxxe
Interesting. What location/level were you looking at? I'am looking at getting a second unit in February for a business associate. I hoped to get a Luxxe or Jungle Luxxe but none available. They do have a 1br MP or studio GB listed. The exchange fees shown for either is Studio 168, 1Br 252 and 2Br 420. Actually for 1 or 2 persons in the smaller units it turns out to be less than the $30/pp/day that it was before if my not so good math is correct. Not a bad deal if this is the case.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Interesting. What location/level were you looking at? I'am looking at getting a second unit in February for a business associate. I hoped to get a Luxxe or Jungle Luxxe but none available. They do have a 1br MP or studio GB listed. The exchange fees shown for either is Studio 168, 1Br 252 and 2Br 420. .

Hi Mike53,
If the resort fee you list is for RM - where Jungle Luxxe is located / and is the new ll fee listing ;
then it matches the change in RCI .

In RCI - Vidanta RM and NV now have different fee amounts . This is likely due to the many Mayan Palace buildings / units in RM vs. a single MP building in NV .
The RM fee is now the same as the Puerto Vallarta - Marina location , which is all MP units ( about 200)

youppi

TUG Member
Reaction score
New fees at RM (II code LXR) are :
Effective day October 5, 2018: Resort Fee per unit/per week.
0BED: USD168.
1BED: USD252.
2-4BED: USD420

New fees at NV (II code LX2) are :
Effective day October 5, 2018: Resort Fee per unit/per week.
0BED: USD252.
1BED: USD378.
2-4BED: USD630.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Interesting. What location/level were you looking at? I'am looking at getting a second unit in February for a business associate. I hoped to get a Luxxe or Jungle Luxxe but none available. They do have a 1br MP or studio GB listed. The exchange fees shown for either is Studio 168, 1Br 252 and 2Br 420. Actually for 1 or 2 persons in the smaller units it turns out to be less than the $30/pp/day that it was before if my not so good math is correct. Not a bad deal if this is the case.

You might try SFX. Looks like they have some available in GL RM studio units for part of February.

mike53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner (2)
OBBR (2)
Island Seas (2)
Grand Luxxe
Thanks. I just booked one of my II weeks. I only have three more old weeks to use before they expire next year. Then...tons more!

I believe you posted a link recently on how to search SFX inventory. I tried it but couldn't get in. Is there some secret or is it just easier to call.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
You have to sign in and have privilege weeks, I believe. It never shows anything for GL villas, spa or residence units, though.

Landron

Reaction score
Does anyone know if this changes for existing reservations? We booked through interval in August to travel in December, but we are being told we still have to pay the old rates, which doesn’t sound right to me. Does that make sense?

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Does anyone know if this changes for existing reservations? We booked through interval in August to travel in December, but we are being told we still have to pay the old rates, which doesn’t sound right to me. Does that make sense?

Vidanta applies whatever the fee was at the time of booking. Usually it's a benefit to the exchanger, because the fees have gone up. Is it enough of a difference to make it worth rebooking at the lower fee?

Last edited:

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova

- there may not be any significant difference *

The old fee included a 25% “rebate” of the total paid at check in / the “rebate “ was given against resort restaurant meals and similar and credited when you paid your bill at check out .

IMO - Vidanta decided this process was slowing down - checking in & check out
AND making the resort fee look higher .

The new fee is (required) payable - 14 days before arrival .
( based on what I see on RCI week / do not have II )

* - if your exchange is to RM - there is now a different(lower) $ amount resort fee compared to NV .
In the past the RM & NV fees were identical . Other Vidanta locations always had fee differences .

Last edited:

mike53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Schooner (2)
OBBR (2)
Island Seas (2)
Grand Luxxe
FWIW I have an II exchange for next Feb that was originally made in June and they had the $30pp/day. This is on a RM 1br GL Jungle unit. I received a revised confirmation earlier this month showing the new $252 per unit flat fee. I didn't even realize they made this change until I just checked. You might want to check your emails from II.

I also have a RM GB studio recently booked for the same week for an associate and they show the new rate of $168.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
If you booked at a higher fee just try requesting the confirmation again. It will show the new fee. On the other hand in the past when the fee went up you wanted to make sure you had your original confirmation to show the lower fee.

Landron

Reaction score
Vidanta applies whatever the fee was at the time of booking. Usually it's a benefit to the exchanger, because the fees have gone up. Is it enough of a difference to make it worth rebooking at the lower fee?
It works out to be the same for us, it’s just weird how they were so adamant with my wife that it would be the same as when we booked. They even said if we’re not happy we can just cancel

amanven

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just checked my II confirmation and in the second paragraph of the Important Information section indicating Required Surcharges it states "Surcharges are subject to change without notice. The third paragraph goes on to outline the $30adult daily fee and the 25% in resort credits but I should think the statement in the second paragraph would supercede any quote of actual surcharges.

TheHappyWanderer

TUG Member
Reaction score
The way I have always interpreted it is that the term "required surcharges" was not meant to refer to the resort fees. This interpretation is also consistent with how Vidanta has typically been administering resort fee changes which occur after confirmations. But the wording is ambiguous and I have noticed that most others don't seem interpret it the same way I do.

Last edited: