• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westin / Baja Point / Raintree Cabo

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi everyone, I am planning an extended family vacation for early June next year. I have a 3 bedroom and 2 studios booked at Westin. I have 3 II searches in to get three more studios at either Westin or Baja Point. I have been looking at RCI and see availability for the week in Raintree, which I understand is in the same complex.

My questions: 1) Are these comparable in quality of accommodations? I wouldn’t want any family members to feel slighted.

2) is the distance between resorts easily walkable? If some are staying at Raintree, could they easily walk over to the Westin rooms and vice versa? Some of the family members are older.

3) while we technically have enough rooms if we choose to sleep at max capacity, we prefer to have everyone sleep in actual beds rather than sofa beds. Is it going to be a problem for my guests staying at Raintree to use my Westin facilities? I feel as long as I am still under the total capacity (currently 18 between my three reserved units) for my party (12), I am within my rights to have them use Westin facilities, correct? Even if 4 of them are at Raintree at night.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Hi everyone, I am planning an extended family vacation for early June next year. I have a 3 bedroom and 2 studios booked at Westin. .....in Raintree, which I understand is in the same complex.
1) Are these comparable in quality of accommodations?
2) is the distance between resorts easily walkable? If some are staying at Raintree, could they easily walk over ....... I am within my rights to have them use Westin facilities, correct? Even if 4 of them are at Raintree at night.

Hi Alexa ,
I would call Club Regina / Raintree - Cabo - Baja Point and speak to a manager to find out the CURRENT usage of facilities agreement between them and Westin.

In 2015 - we stayed at Cancun - Raintree Club Regina and had no issues using the Westin Hotel gym and pools .There was one driveway that the 2 buildings shared .
In Puerto Vallarta -I have walked next door ( from Mayan Palace -PV - Marina ) to Club Regina / Westin Hotel property . Nice .

We have not gone to Cabo - but IMO the building layout on the property is similar / since at time of construction the “resort and buildings “ were constructed by a single corporate owner .

The complication is that they are (now)owned by different entities AND the Westin side is now a timeshare as well . ( I believe all 3 Westins - Cabo , PV & Cancun are converting to TS and re-configuring hotel rooms to suites / All 3 "original" TS on the property footprints are part of Raintree and also go under the Club Regina name .

I am sure there are agreements that spell out the reciprocal use of facilities and any restrictions and someone at Club Regina - Raintree Cabo knows the MOST UP TO DATE details.

There is also likely a TUG member who has been there recently and can
give you additional information & nuances re: the Cabo property .

< FYI - there are RTU Club Regina contracts that end in 2026 and only include the 3 Mexican locations AND Raintree -Club Regina contract that end in 2046
and those points can book all Raintree locations >

Last edited:

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
There are 2 ways to travel from RVC/Club Regina to the Westin. They have golf carts at RVC to run people around.
1. Get Golf Cart to the lower Pool and short walk over to Westin Pool area.
2. Get Golf Cart take you to Lobby and walk down road to Westin Lobby. This walk is down hill. So walk back is up hill, semi steep. They might run you to the Westin Lobby.

Years ago when we owned RVC/Club Regina we were allowed to use Westin Facilities. Then RVC/Club Regina and Westin had a falling out and we were not allowed to use the Westin Facilities. Don't know current status. We have stayed at RVC/Club Regina about 8 times. We always enjoyed our time there. Because it is built on a cliff all units have patios that have ocean views. In January/February we could sit on our Patio and watch the Whales play. The laundry facilities are free but they are not in the Unit but located on the first floor of each group of buildings. They have daily maid service but you pay a fee. You can not opt out.

Baja Point is what use to be called Gran Regina. The Condos use to be top of the line. Don't know current status. Our understanding is that that Vistana/Westin is trying to convince Gran Regina/Baja Point Owners to join Vistana/Westin and give/trade their weeks into Vistana/Westin.

Hope you like hot weather. It will be hot in June. Also June is the start of Hurricane season. Unless you are planning on spending all your time at the Resorts you will need cars to transport your party to Cabo San Lucas or San Jose del Cabo. San Jose del Cabo is closer. There are two large grocery stores at the large traffic circle. We prefer the older one, which is on the ocean side of the highway.

The beaches at the Resorts are not really safe for swimming. The beaches for swimming and snorkeling are Chileno and Santa Maria. Again you need a car. There are bathrooms at these beaches but remember to bring your own toilet paper.

Last edited:

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
There is a good thread in the Vistana Forum that I had not seen .

“Westin Los Cabos Resort - Outstanding .”
started by JIMinNC - Feb 18 2018

The thread has a lot of information & some good pictures as well .

As noted - this resort complex now has 3 timeshare options:
Westin Los Cabos ( new conversion from hotel entity )
Baja Point - which was formerly Gran Regina .
Raintree / Club Regina

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
We're going to Westin Los Cabos next week.
I can try to find answers to further questions if OP or others post here or PMs me.

Alexadeparis, what distance do you consider to be walkable for your older family members?
For example, my elderly mother and aunts consider 2 blocks/100 yards as too far to walk every day :shrug:
And uphill, forget it! ;)

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I would say about a block on flat ground would probably be a maximum unless golf carts are available

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
I'm back from Westin, Los Cabos and we had a great time.
I did a little bit of scouting around Baja Point and less so at Raintree.

Below is a map we saw around Bldg C of Raintree.
So obviously Raintree units in Bldg C, west end, and Westin East Tower, would be the best to get,
if OP wants to minimize walking between Raintree and Westin.
Bldg B and A don't look so bad either as there are paths connecting them to the Westin East Tower too.
It would be a long block's walk to the Westin's pool/restaurant amenities, but easy and a gradual incline.
Raintree looks best for elderly people who want shorter distances to walk.
I can't say about the quality of the units compared to Westin.

Baja Pt is farther away by foot to the Westin's pools.
From Baja Pt's main entry circle, it's a long 2 block walk downhill/uphill to the Westin pools/restaurant.
That's even with the 'shortcut' thru the westernmost end of the West Tower. And the Baja Pt road is rough, uneven stones.
(Raintree's road didn't look much better). I certainly do not recommend for elderly people. And to get to Baja lobby bldg, may need to
take several elevators to get to the right levels between Baja buildings. Would be too confusing for my relatives.
Baja Pt in the public areas appears to be quite 'Westin-ized' now, so perhaps the unit quality is the same as main Westin.

I've seen larger shuttles at the Westin's main lobby drop-off, but haven't seen any shuttling people down to the tower units.
It really didn't seem very crowded when we were there. It's a long block+ walk from the main lobby to the towers,
going down several levels by stairs or elevator.

Raintree Westin Map.jpg

Here are other pictures:
1. Raintree Bldgs
Raintree Bldgs.jpg

2. Border area between Westin East Tower and Raintree A-B-C bldgs
Westin East Tower Raintree Border.jpg

3. Westin West Tower, Pools and Raintree to the east
Westin East Tower to Raintree.jpg

4. Westin West Tower and pools, opposite angle
Westin West Tower.jpg

Our assigned unit was just to the left of the Tower cut-out opening. A really convenient location for getting to market, restaurant and pools.
Our unit was mid-way up (4th floor) because it was an II exchange.
Overall we were quite pleased with our unit location.

Last edited:

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wow, thank you so much for the information! I really appreciate it. I am looking forward to the trip based on this new info.