• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Panama City Beach damage ??

ChristopherHM

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know im asking this a little early as Hurricane Michael made landfall only a few hours ago. But does anyone have any info on the damage Wyndham PCB may have sufferered .

Roger830

TUG Member
Reaction score

ChristopherHM

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow , thank you for providing the link . They pass in front of it at around the 30.24 mark . The camera is shooting through the front windshield at that time and the skybridge appears to be okay . Looks like the hardest hit areas were east of there . Panama City itself took a harder hit but even a few more miles east was basically a direct hit . Tyndall AFB suffered heavy damage from what i heard and Mexico Beach suffered almost complete destruction . So sad

Prayers going out to anyone affected by this devastating Cat 4 storm . Stay strong !

Last edited:

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
That is a really cool link, thanks.

In an aerial shot that I saw - even the tiki bar looks okay, pretty amazing technology.

Panama City is just devastated. The trees are what strike me. Looks like a war zone.

Prayers to all affected.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
For what it is worth, Extra Holidays is showing the following reservation as available. Did not actually book it.

Wyndham Vacation Resorts Panama City Beach
Oct 15-18

Your Reservation

Standard Rate

Studio - 1 room

$ 567.00
3 nights 1 adult

Subtotal $ 567.00
Taxes $ 73.71
Total $ 640.71

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
There is a message on myclubwyndham, the resort (temporarily) closed started Oct 8th.

There are rooms available starting October 15th. Base on pictures I've seen, I bet they open back up. Panama City looks a lot worse off than Panama City Beach, IMO. The bridge across St. Andrews bay is closed until the 14th (last message I saw).

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
Resort Weather Warning
Due to a mandatory evacuation and subsequent restoration efforts following Hurricane Michael, this resort will be temporarily closed beginning Monday, Oct. 8, 2018. All inventory for new reservations through Oct. 26, 2018, is currently on hold. We will provide additional updates as they become available.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Do you think they will open up as a shelter? For all the residence that have lost their homes?
It’s absolutely devastating.
Silentg

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
No. However, local residents that are Wyndham members may use the facilities for family and friends on a short term bases while they try and recover.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
They are closed, they say maybe they'll open up the 21st.

I had a reservation to checkin tomorrow (the 17th) it was cancelled around 2pm today.

The resort is not open to the public. Owners may not use the facilities.

They said they have very minor damage, specifically mentioned very minor water damage, and they are trying to get inspected so they can reopen.

The city is on a 'boil water' alert. But that is not that unusual for Panama City, anyways (so that part doesn't surprise or alarm me).

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panama City
Had a reservation to check in on the 21st and it was cancelled today. A VC said they may not reopen until November 1st.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Had a reservation to check in on the 21st and it was cancelled today. A VC said they may not reopen until November 1st.

That has to be better then Royal Vista who is still repairing damage from last years hurricane. I did manage to book a 2 bedroom for fourth of July week, so they are taking reservations. I assume that means they don't think they will be out of commission for that long.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
That has to be better then Royal Vista who is still repairing damage from last years hurricane. I did manage to book a 2 bedroom for fourth of July week, so they are taking reservations. I assume that means they don't think they will be out of commission for that long.

Your 4th of July week is at PCB or Royal Vista?

I have several January & February 2019 reservations at Royal Vista. Didn't think they were still in a recovery mode there.

As for Panama City Beach, I just canceled weeks starting October 27 and November 3. My renter was uncertain about going and some other issues came crashing in for her. Had a Points Saver on the 10/27 reservation. I started to cancel it on-line but got the warning that I would lose the points. Called a VC and got the points back in an instant.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
PCB.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I just got back from PCB. We stopped by the Wyndham several times. It is in unbelievably good shape, as are most of the resorts on the beach. It's missing a sign. There is a front (sliding) door that has been laying on it's side (looks like it just needs to be reattached). Someone said one of the pools has damage. The oceanside pool looks great to me. The chairs need to be pickup up, hose down the deck, that kind of stuff. I haven't seen anyone working on it. The gate was messed up and it has been fixed.

Oh how I wish Wyndham could just be up front and honest. I totally support helping out employees. There line is 'the resort is not open for guests'. The resort is open. Most resorts on the beach are.

The devastation across the bridge, in Panama City, is leaps and bounds worse that that on the beach side. The major issue on the beach side is the curfew, and that until Thursday, they were not allowed to serve alcohol as long as there was a curfew. They can now serve alcohol until curfew. The curfew was originally dusk to dawn, it is now 10pm to 6am. It's also been a pain for them not to have internet and have to hand write and call in credit card charges. I believe there is still a boiled water restriction, bottled water is available by the cases.

I think a lot of the employees work across the bridge and many have lost their homes. A best reason, IMO, for Wyndham not opening is perhaps allowing their employees to recover. Dates for reopening schools are in November. Several schools are storm damaged and students have to report elsewhere.

I think a soft date for reopening is around Oct 26th. I see reservations can be booked starting Nov 3rd. (Trust me, a confirmed reservation means nothing). I guess whatever Wyndham decides, not sure who makes these decisions and what the true facts are around why they aren't open. I find the terminology on the resort page 'the resort will reopen when the area can support tourism' interesting. If the tourists aren't coming, why not allow the disaster assistance workers to stay there.

Enough said. Disgusted, frustrated, moving on.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Or any other member that does not care about the tourism aspect of Panama Beach. A disclaimer on that tourist activities may be limited or closed would be sufficient.