• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westin Los Cabos Golf

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
We have an exchange stay planned in mid- November. The guys, especially my brother-in-law, will want to play a round of golf. I see online the resort is associated to 3 golf courses and found the posted public rates. Can exchange guests at the resort get a lower green fees rate than the public rates?

How far in advance would you recommend making a tee time reservation?
The Cabo Real golf course from pictures looks really nice; right by the ocean.

Thanks!

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
We have an exchange stay planned in mid- November. The guys, especially my brother-in-law, will want to play a round of golf. I see online the resort is associated to 3 golf courses and found the posted public rates. Can exchange guests at the resort get a lower green fees rate than the public rates?

How far in advance would you recommend making a tee time reservation?
The Cabo Real golf course from pictures looks really nice; right by the ocean.

Thanks!

I bet the Westin Los Cabos activity concierge can answer that question and they just happen to have a toll-free number: 1-844-260-9083

carpie99

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would love to hear what you find out ... biggest regret on Cabo trip last year was not playing golf

carpie99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also, off topic but DO NOT miss the opportunity to go to Cabo Pulmo and do a snorkeling adventure. We drove our car there and just hired a guy out there and it was AMAZING. One of the Top 5 vacation days I have ever had.

If you drive come around from the North ... DO NOT DRIVE IN FROM THE SOUTH!

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I bet the Westin Los Cabos activity concierge can answer that question and they just happen to have a toll-free number: 1-844-260-9083

Thanks for the number; I thought the concierge staff would contact us as we got closer to our stay. I'll likely call. I seem to do the initial research on all the travel stuff; if I leave it up to my family guys, they would be asking when we're in Cabo. Not a bad thing tho' to teach them to plan ;) but my brother-in-law is a little too old to teach new planning tricks ... and he's the golfer on a budget!

Also, off topic but DO NOT miss the opportunity to go to Cabo Pulmo and do a snorkeling adventure. We drove our car there and just hired a guy out there and it was AMAZING. One of the Top 5 vacation days I have ever had.

If you drive come around from the North ... DO NOT DRIVE IN FROM THE SOUTH!

Thanks good to know, we love snorkeling. Yes, we're driving. Why do you recommend approaching from the north? bad roads? the locals? PM me if you prefer.
thanks again.

carpie99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why do you recommend approaching from the north? bad roads? the locals? PM me if you prefer.
thanks again.

The roads are terrible! ... unpacked sand, driving thru riverbeds, alongside cliffs with huge dropoffs, not well maintained. Your google maps will suggest coming from the north. The trip from the south looked more scenic but I had no idea the conditions of the roads. 60 miles or so of poorly maintained roads from the south. Only 8 coming from the north.

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World

Tell me more about Cabo Pulmo...we'll be back in Cabo at the Westin in January and saw that Cabo Adventures has a snorkel tour to Cabo Pulmo that sounded interesting.

carpie99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tell me more about Cabo Pulmo...we'll be back in Cabo at the Westin in January and saw that Cabo Adventures has a snorkel tour to Cabo Pulmo that sounded interesting.

for $55 a person we were taken on a personal 4 person, 2-3 hour snorkel trip, swam over a school of 30,000 fish and swam with sea lions no more than 2 feet from us. It was amazing. We hadn't made any reservations and just showed up to check the area out. The snorkel trip was just a spur of the moment decision.

These are the guys we went out with.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attract...res-Cabo_Pulmo_Los_Cabos_Baja_California.html

We went off-season last October so it may be busier in January

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
for $55 a person we were taken on a personal 4 person, 2-3 hour snorkel trip, swam over a school of 30,000 fish and swam with sea lions no more than 2 feet from us. It was amazing. We hadn't made any reservations and just showed up to check the area out. The snorkel trip was just a spur of the moment decision.

These are the guys we went out with.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attract...res-Cabo_Pulmo_Los_Cabos_Baja_California.html

We went off-season last October so it may be busier in January

Wow thanks so much for the tips about Cabo Pulmo. So much to see and do down there. Not sure how much relaxing we'll do LOL.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I would love to hear what you find out ... biggest regret on Cabo trip last year was not playing golf

Well, it doesn't look like TS exchangers get any different rates than the public at the 3 golf courses affiliated with the resort. A person on concierge staff sent me a link to the Questro Golf website:
https://questrogolf.com/rates-promos

In high season, beginning in November, the rates are really up there. DH and I are certainly not golfers.
I'm not sure my brother-in-law golfer wants to golf as much as he wants to go sports fishing.