• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Made the Wyndham salesman mad

ricknhsv

Reaction score
At Old Town Alexandria this week and was talked into going to the Owners Education on how to better use your points. Was told that I could enroll my 1 bedroom RCI fixed week in Galinburg and 2 bedroom Interval International fixed week in St. Augustine using PIC if I bought 108,000 points for $20K. He said I could use the points from PIC to offset maintenance fees. I turned down his generous offer and he basically said I wasted his time. Sort of rude if you ask me. I did get my $100 gift to eat at Chart house a new resort directory so that was good.

harveyhaddixfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’ll be there in 3 weeks and probably make them mad too. Doing the 3 night stay for $199 and get a $200 gift card and $100 hotel voucher. I bought a 168k Bali Hai contract recently just to be able to go there every few years.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
The II week would have been eligible for PIC express for a limited time (5 years) only.

ricknhsv

Reaction score
The II week would have been eligible for PIC express for a limited time (5 years) only.
You know, I mentioned that I thought it was a limited time and he said I can just renew it again. Basically he said I would be VIP Silver using the PIC properties if I paid them $20k

ricknhsv

Reaction score
They are such liars! One sales lady told me I would have to buy house keeping credits because I bought resale. I looked at my account and there are house keeping credits in it.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
The Chart House is pretty nice. Down on the riverfront. My wife and I busted one of OTA's $100 gift cards by $50 but it was great!

Enjoy the dinner but otherwise, I'd probably tell the guy to kiss my whatever.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
You know, I mentioned that I thought it was a limited time and he said I can just renew it again. Basically he said I would be VIP Silver using the PIC properties if I paid them $20k

He must be referring to PIC express. Properties not eligible in PIC Plus (which has no expiration), can sometimes be eligible for PIC express which expires in five years. You would have to buy at least 49,000 points per PIC week to renew. So anywhere from $13k to $17k if you went through telesales instead of the resorts.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
They are such liars! One sales lady told me I would have to buy house keeping credits because I bought resale. I looked at my account and there are house keeping credits in it.

I cannot even say that is a half truth. Resale gets the same amount as non-VIP retail members. VIPs are the only ones who have unlimited credits. The rest only have to pay if you run out.

Dis.Dad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Palm Aire
Wyndham Panama City Beach
LHVC Puerto Plata, DR
Hey! I will be there in 2 weeks. Although not travelling with the wife so I don't think they will let me go to owner's update. Oh darn! :p

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Hey! I will be there in 2 weeks. Although not travelling with the wife so I don't think they will let me go to owner's update. Oh darn! :p

You might be surprised. A number of us have been to them without our spouses.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

Many people have reported going without spouses. When they ask if your spouse is with you say, "My wife is not with me, but my girlfriend is. Can I bring her? She may not look it, but I swear she is over 18." :)

Dis.Dad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Palm Aire
Wyndham Panama City Beach
LHVC Puerto Plata, DR
LOL Yup! Those guys will do anything to get you in. I was at National Harbor a few years back and they did just that. They said, "Just bring a friend. Free breakfast!"

harveyhaddixfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
UPDATE: I just got home from OTA. Since I’m now an owner, I got put in an “owners education class” or whatever they called it. Guys kept saying if they wanted to sell me something, I’d be on the sales floor and that they had to talk to me so that Wyndham could release “accountability” for any offers I missed during the transition period. I was constantly laughing in my head. Especially when the guy said something about people like me thinking I know a lot about the system and I really don’t. I almost laughed on that one.

He started talking about PIC on my other 2 timeshares and when I said they don’t qualify because they are in RCI points I got a “who says?” To which I responded the Wyndham rules. He kept going down the rabbit hole of how if I bought $20k in points that I would somehow be saving money. No way would I be saving money with $500-700 more in MF, $200 loan payment plus the program fee in the pic points. He missed the fact that I have a Bali Hai 168k EOY bought resale. Told him I only paid $400 for it and his only response was to talk about how the MF is 100% profit for Wyndham and that I’m not getting my money’s worth.

I’d say I’m pretty savvy on travel, but dropping $20k to somehow magically get my money’s worth, definitely isn’t savvy.

Note: it didn’t register when I said my flight there was only the 4th time I’ve ever flown and that I normally drive everywhere (in a Prius that isn’t hard on gas.)

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
UPDATE: I just got home from OTA. Since I’m now an owner, I got put in an “owners education class” or whatever they called it. Guys kept saying if they wanted to sell me something, I’d be on the sales floor and that they had to talk to me so that Wyndham could release “accountability” for any offers I missed during the transition period. I was constantly laughing in my head. Especially when the guy said something about people like me thinking I know a lot about the system and I really don’t. I almost laughed on that one.

He started talking about PIC on my other 2 timeshares and when I said they don’t qualify because they are in RCI points I got a “who says?” To which I responded the Wyndham rules. He kept going down the rabbit hole of how if I bought $20k in points that I would somehow be saving money. No way would I be saving money with $500-700 more in MF, $200 loan payment plus the program fee in the pic points. He missed the fact that I have a Bali Hai 168k EOY bought resale. Told him I only paid $400 for it and his only response was to talk about how the MF is 100% profit for Wyndham and that I’m not getting my money’s worth.

I’d say I’m pretty savvy on travel, but dropping $20k to somehow magically get my money’s worth, definitely isn’t savvy.

Note: it didn’t register when I said my flight there was only the 4th time I’ve ever flown and that I normally drive everywhere (in a Prius that isn’t hard on gas.)

Actually your two other timeshares in RCI points are eligible for PIC Express but not PIC Plus.