• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WKORV to NANEA (Sept’18) - Lovin’ It!

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Ok, I guess I know where the next brochure pictures are coming from.

Nice of you to include a picture of my unit in the background! :thumbup:

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Very nice.

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
Wow, I've never seen an eel outside of a hidey-hole head peek. Impressive!

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Your photos are awesome, David! I've seen a lot of eels in front of WKROV, but have never seen them swimming out in the open. Very cool!

It looks like you're having a good time testing out this new retirement thing with Robin. Are you extending your time in the islands this year? We spent almost two months there the first year DH retired, and it was wonderful!

Last edited:

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Thanks.

Retirement is awesome.
We spent 17 days in a 1Bd at WPORV in June (using our WSJ SOs) with no villa change which was nice.
Also, our WSJ neighbors joined us - extra nice.

Now, we are on a 19 day WKORV-Nanea stay using our HomeResort WKORV 1Bd OFD, 81K WKV SOs for the 2nd week, and then a 5-nite Nanea Promo Package (current) in a 1Bd that turned into a 2Bd (but lousy location unfortunately).

We started our trip with TS Olivia heading towards Maui - but turned out to be no issue for WKORV area and it was eerily calm. The snorkeling the next day (Thur?) was really clear. I will try and post more.

Fortunate to get 2629 - which IMNSHO is the best villa location in the entire VSN system (south view towards Black Rock over pool and elevator down to basement floor in B2, etc). I know that OFC are considered a better value (and I agree), but the panoramic view from inside and outside is unbeatable. And since we rent out the OFD studio side it helps the exorbitant MFs. Works out nicely.

The 2nd week we were given a little of that ‘surprise and delight’ when we were moved to another 1Bd OFD on the 1st floor. These are normally 95.7 SOs - so surprised that we got one with only 81K SOs ($930 in MFs). As mentioned in another thread - IME timestamp rules. Both of these reservations were made exactly at opening of online reservations. The 1st week the FD person said we were #1. It certainly was worth it.

It was a very interesting perspective since we are so used to the 5-6th floor views. With the trees cut back and the shrubbery off the balcony - it was very pleasant. Never saw those massage cabanas that are right off the balcony being used. The ocean perspective thru the palms was nice. And only 2 1/2 minutes to our beach spot with the exit door by the shuffle board.

The WKORVN pool closure put a lot more folks onto the beach with all the rented umbrellas in front of B2-B3 and all the TB umbrellas in front of WKORVN. Lots of great days with the Trade Winds gone.

Last edited:

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
The lanais look a lot bigger than the older resorts. Is that the case, or am I seeing it wrong?

I got our best friends two weeks for May at Nanea. I know they won't get that view, but I know they will love it, wherever they are at the resort. Looks gorgeous.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
David, I hear you. We're also retired and in March we will spend 19 days on Maui with 7 nights OF at WKORVN and 12 nights OF at Nanea. We can't wait!

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
@DavidnRobin Wow. Your vacation sounds awesome! I am jealous. We have a few years to go to retirement. Thanks for the great photos which are fueling my dream of spending weeks in HI during retirement.

Last edited:

sun starved Gayle

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great pictures. The video of the eel pushes my buttons. I have posted before about my daughter getting bitten by an eel near Two Step on The Big Island and needing 27 stitches in her little finger. It was absolutely shredded. I am very paranoid about snorkeling close to a reef.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Great pictures. The video of the eel pushes my buttons. I have posted before about my daughter getting bitten by an eel near Two Step on The Big Island and needing 27 stitches in her little finger. It was absolutely shredded. I am very paranoid about snorkeling close to a reef.
That is so terrible! Even a full wet suit wouldn't help that. But Rick does wear those webbed gloves as well. Maybe protect yourselves with those, too. I know there are eels that are harmless, and there are those that sting people.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
The lanais look a lot bigger than the older resorts. Is that the case, or am I seeing it wrong?

I got our best friends two weeks for May at Nanea. I know they won't get that view, but I know they will love it, wherever they are at the resort. Looks gorgeous.

Sorry not to get back to this sooner. I am not sure what lanais (balconies) being referred to. On this thread (Villa 2128, 2nd week) was at WKORV south,
The Deluxe balcony is probably that largest - I put it at around 8x25ft. The 1Bd Prem also has a large balcony, but not as quite as big. These are bigger than WKORVN 1Bd - that I think are bigger than the 2Bd Nanea balcony.
For Studios - only a Juliet balcony for the studio, but the Dlx and OFC studios that balconies at around 9x10ft. These are bigger than the WKORVN Studio balconies.
In my visual look. I think the sizes are in the CCRs. I looked up sizes of the Villas quite a while ago.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)

Sorry to hear.
This eel was quite large - 4ft long (?). But, it was in about 15-20 feet of water. Robin had spotted it outside its lair the day before, so I grabbed my GoPro and went to area we saw it. After spotting the eel in it’s hole - I waited for about 20 mins for it to come out. I would back off and it would come out, then get closer and it would go back. Crazy that it was watching me so closely. I backed off until it couldn’t see me, and that was when it came out fully. I dove down and it saw me and headed back after giving me that ‘stay away’ stare.

Last edited:

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Fun with Sand Crabs - video from still shots shown in post #17 above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Our Favorite Beach Spot outside WKORV/N
(have spent many days here)

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Our spot...
With TB umbrella and chairs from Maui Baby Rental. Parasheets. NoBlow umbrella hold, and rest of beach/water stuff.
(and my love with 12 day tan)
B2 in background.

a3f373f69dc5a7c9b94511372d1ce9f5.jpg

jlp879

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the gorgeous photos. Goes well with banana (macadamia nut) pancakes.

Can't wait for the same beach views next May.