• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Combining HGVC points

gunner13734

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Seaworld
HGVC Elara
HGVC Tuscany Village
Newbie question...

I own a Seaworld HGVC timeshare that gives me 5,000 points annually. I would like to increase that to about 10,000 annual. If I purchase a second HGVC timeshare will it combine points with my existing unit? In other words, when I login in will I see 10,000 annual points or does the hilton system treat them as separate?

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
As long as the deeds are titled exactly the same, the two weeks and their points will be combined into a single account automatically.

Kurt

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Agree with the response from @PigsDad. Just to let you know that he added "As long as the deeds are titled exactly the same" for a specific reason. If they aren't titled the same then you will have two different accounts paying two $170 club fees. If you have only one account, then you will only pay one club fee.

tk25

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kings Land 12,600 points; Sea World 8400 points and Las Vegas Boulevard 7000 points
I have three separate Hilton timeshare deeds total 28,000 points and they are combined on Hilton Grand Vacation website and I made absolutely sure when I bought them that they had exact same name, address etc. on title.

Ianneyan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and Vistana
As long as the deeds are titled exactly the same, the two weeks and their points will be combined into a single account automatically.

Kurt
I can confirm that this is 100% true. I did not realize this was the case until I deeded my 2nd property differently and had 2 separate memberships in my account. I had to change one of the deeds to match the other one exactly, and Hilton combined them. Now my points are combined and I pay just 1 membership dues.

2travelinggoatz

TUG Member
Reaction score
I imagine that the same does NOT apply if you purchase at Craigendarroch, Scottland (not deeded) PLUS another in the USA. In this case you would have 2x Club Dues. Correct?

tombanjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HCNY
Craigendarroch can be added to US account. It can remain outside of HGVC system if you wish. You pay enrollment fee and club dues if you add it to a points account.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Craigendarroch can be added to US account. It can remain outside of HGVC system if you wish. You pay enrollment fee and club dues if you add it to a points account.

Would you pay club dues if you were already a club member? I thought that if you already had an account and were current for that years dues, you weren't charged the club dues.

tombanjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HCNY
If you already have paid club dues on your account, no, just enrollment fee.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I imagine that the same does NOT apply if you purchase at Craigendarroch, Scottland (not deeded) PLUS another in the USA. In this case you would have 2x Club Dues. Correct?

My understanding is HGVC charges Club Dues based on YOUR home address, not the resorts you own address.

e68efef356df85a94a1aa2ae422794b9.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Ianneyan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and Vistana
My understanding is HGVC charges Club Dues based on YOUR home address, not the resorts you own address.

e68efef356df85a94a1aa2ae422794b9.png

We used our home address for both of our HGVC contracts, so I don’t believe that you’re accurate, SmithOp. When I purchased a 2nd contract and inadvertently put it in our trust instead of in our names, as our first contract was deeded, HGVC charged both the activation fee and additional club membership dues when the transfer was complete. When I inquired as to why, I was told by HGVC that both contracts had to be deeded exactly the same, which is why I changed the 2nd deed to reflect the first. After a lot of back and forth, HGVC eventually refunded the additional dues we paid and combined our contracts/points.

2travelinggoatz

TUG Member
Reaction score

So are you saying that if I were to purchase Craigendarroch, a right to occupy (not deeded) and then I purchased a US TS and added it to my US account e.g., MarBrisa, I only pay ONE Club fee or still two x $170? I ask because I read above that the only way to avoid two (2) Club fees is if both Deeds are identical. But, in this case, of course, one is not deeded.

tombanjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HCNY
Don't think of them as deeds, think of it as resort paperwork that has the exact same name as other resort paperwork can go in a single account, and pay a single yearly club fee. If and what the limit is on how many you can have in an account, I don't know

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
So are you saying that if I were to purchase Craigendarroch, a right to occupy (not deeded) and then I purchased a US TS and added it to my US account e.g., MarBrisa, I only pay ONE Club fee or still two x $170? I ask because I read above that the only way to avoid two (2) Club fees is if both Deeds are identical. But, in this case, of course, one is not deeded.

Don't think of them as deeds, think of it as resort paperwork that has the exact same name as other resort paperwork can go in a single account, and pay a single yearly club fee. If and what the limit is on how many you can have in an account, I don't know

The Scotland properties use a Certificate of Holiday, which are basically RTU's. They are actually really easy to transfer and even cost less. Not sure if the Portugal and Italy resorts are the same. I'm sure @Cyberc can give his input on that. If I remember correctly, I think their of his resorts is in Portugal.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
We used our home address for both of our HGVC contracts, so I don’t believe that you’re accurate, SmithOp. When I purchased a 2nd contract and inadvertently put it in our trust instead of in our names, as our first contract was deeded, HGVC charged both the activation fee and additional club membership dues when the transfer was complete. When I inquired as to why, I was told by HGVC that both contracts had to be deeded exactly the same, which is why I changed the 2nd deed to reflect the first. After a lot of back and forth, HGVC eventually refunded the additional dues we paid and combined our contracts/points.

I was referring to the question of owning one US and one International, would you pay both club fees? Since the rule states US and International Club fees are based on owners address, only 1 club fee is charged. You were charged two because you titled each one different, that is a different issue, names have to match.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
I have three separate Hilton timeshare deeds total 28,000 points and they are combined on Hilton Grand Vacation website and I made absolutely sure when I bought them that they had exact same name, address etc. on title.
Does this apply even if some of your points were purchased directly with HGVC and some were from the secondary market?

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Does this apply even if some of your points were purchased directly with HGVC and some were from the secondary market?
Yes. I have 4 deeds, all resale, and they are all combined under one online account. The key is to have all the deeds titled exactly the same, and then they will combine without issue.

Kurt

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
I have a some deeds that are bay club and some deeds at kohala suites. I still have 2 separate numbers because the system is not able to combine my two accounts. All kohala and bay club bought resale.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I have a Lagoon and a Seapointe. Two separate account numbers (Seapointe isn’t managed by HGV). I pay one club fee per year. When I owned Kohala it combined with my Lagoon.