• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGV Ocean Oak recommendations

rebels

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have a reservation at Ocean Oak at the end of August. It is a Ocean Front unit. What are the best units? End or higher units? North or south end? Is it better to get lower level end than an upper level middle? Also what are good places to eat? Thanks

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I am going for an top floor corner unit. I asked for 1611, corner unit away from construction.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
For ocean view units, are there units away from the construction, or do they all face the construction? We will be there in July.

Kurt

rebels

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not sure. What I think is the new construction is behind and off to one side. But not sure if it on the north or south side?

rebels

TUG Member
Reaction score
My question is what is better if I can't get an upper end unit? Would it be a lower end or upper middle?

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
It looks like a parking garage view on the north side for the lower OV units.

207dcc09742348fe70c297e36210afcf.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
It looks like a parking garage view on the north side for the lower OV units.

All of the rooms face outward. There is just a an outside/covered hallway on the inside.

For ocean view units, are there units away from the construction, or do they all face the construction? We will be there in July.

There are 3 room types for Ocean Oaks, OF, OV and regular. If you have an OV room, that will be on the top floor facing the center area (also construction). The pic which Dave uploaded doesn't show the construction, but it should be where the dirt looking area is. It will be an L-shaped building connecting to main check-in building (right under where it says Ocean (for Ocean Oak ...). The regular rooms are just below top floor. The OF rooms are on the end cap building directly facing the ocean{grassy area next to pool} (4 across, floors 1-6).

Would it be a lower end or upper middle?

It depends what you like. Last time I was on 5 floor center. I am asking for upper floors end, this time. This is because I like upper floors and like the corner unit because the glass on balcony raps around the corner.

Now, the 1 floor units due have a much larger balcony but I don't think much of a view either.

btw, the pictures in our sticky (https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php...t-affiliated-information.254931/#post-1997600) I think shows this much better. Phase I is what is completed and Phase II is the new construction.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Thanks, GT. So the rooms only face outward on the L-shaped building, correct? (no rooms across from each other) I need to check if I have an ocean view or standard, but either way it looks like I am facing the construction. No biggie, as we don't tend to spend many daylight hours in our room anyway.

Kurt

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Yes, both of the OV and regular rooms face the center courtyard. If you have a regular room, then request an upper floor such as 4 or 5 (like 1406/7 or 1506/7) and you will still have a fairly nice view of ocean.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
2154628E-7BC7-4A96-B481-AA7BDB7A10F7.jpeg
Here is the view from 1504. This room is on the fifth floor directly across from the end of the construction. There wasn’t any activity on the construction site yesterday. I will check later today (this is our second room. I am in the OF room. ). Someone did post a picture from room 1601 on FB. That did look bad.

Update: Construction activities did start back up this morning. I will provide a further update once the crew from the other room shows up for breakfast. I don’t hear any activity from the OF room, but I am the farthest room from the activity.

Further update: The crew from the other room stated that they did hear something around 8 am but it didn’t bother them.

Last edited:

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
B3205F82-8A29-40FB-AA42-1DACCC806E55.jpeg

View from the beach.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Thanks! Don’t put too much into it. It was more of a curiosity than anything else.

It isn’t a problem because I am curious also. I may also go to an “owners update” just to find out. I saw a FB poster with a very positive post today at Ocean Oak. Of course that will depend on our schedule for the week because I hate “owners update” aka “sales presentations”.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
When is the new building supposed to open?

I was told that construction was going to be completed by April 2019 on phase II. This will add 60 units to Ocean Oak at Hilton Head Island.