• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Who Own's the Units in II's Getaway's

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
I have always wondered who actually own's these units? Sometimes you can find some great deals in Getaway's especially when they are having a sale.

I scored a week at a resort that I wanted to go to for less then the cost of the MF's for that resort for that week.

So I started thinking, who own's these and instead of buying a week at resorts that I like and want to go to should I just continue to buy the getaway. Does II actually own these units and puts these in the Getaways vs the units we deposit?

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I have always wondered who actually own's these units? Sometimes you can find some great deals in Getaway's especially when they are having a sale.

I scored a week at a resort that I wanted to go to for less then the cost of the MF's for that resort for that week.

So I started thinking, who own's these and instead of buying a week at resorts that I like and want to go to should I just continue to buy the getaway. Does II actually own these units and puts these in the Getaways vs the units we deposit?
I think the getaway pool is a mix, units owned by the HOA trying to rent-hotel own units, not timeshares, that are offered in getaways - our deposits that II offer as getaways that are off season that anticipate might not trade, units within a few weeks that also might not trade, etc.

Many of these getaways are offered for less then owning and paying maintenance fees but if you want prime time and prime area the rates will be more then owning plus chances are you most times you won’t see them as getaways.

A.Win

TUG Member
Reaction score
I completely agree that Getaways and Last Calls are wonderful bargains. The problem is that they don't work so well for peak weeks. So the Getaway is less than MFs 75% of the time. But most people want the peak season. During that 25% when kids are out of school, the Getaways are more expensive than MFs.

Also, owning allows you to exchange for a lot of places that cannot be found cheaply through Getaways.

Overall, I agree that low season for most timeshares are terrible purchases. In fact, most the free giveaways on Ebay and TUG are in low seasons.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
What do you think the developer gets for these getaway deposits? Money up front from II or a percentage of the sale when it is purchased.

Also. Why would they just sell directly through their own site and get more money.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think the getaway pool is a mix, units owned by the HOA trying to rent-hotel own units, not timeshares, that are offered in getaways - our deposits that II offer as getaways that are off season that anticipate might not trade, units within a few weeks that also might not trade, etc.

Many of these getaways are offered for less then owning and paying maintenance fees but if you want prime time and prime area the rates will be more then owning plus chances are you most times you won’t see them as getaways.
What do you think the developer gets for these getaway deposits? Money up front from II or a percentage of the sale when it is purchased.

Also. Why would they just sell directly through their own site and get more money.

Thanks, I was surprised and happy to find the week 50 I needed for a purchase price for the week cheaper then what I would have paid in MF's if I owned that week...

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks, I was surprised and happy to find the week 50 I needed for a purchase price for the week cheaper then what I would have paid in MF's if I owned that week...
You definitely got a rarer one. They do pop up.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I guess I got really lucky then...I'm so happy and I hope it happens again for next year....
Week 50 is low season everywhere. It isn't unusual to get something for less than mf especially if the MF's are $1000+

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Week 50 is low season everywhere. It isn't unusual to get something for less than mf especially if the MF's are $1000+
The place and area she got it was harder

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

I did not realize that week 50 on the gulf coast of FL was low season...

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
TDI-95.jpg

This is for gulf coast from Tampa going south.

Well there are only 6 weeks in the year with lower tdi than the 85 for week 50. Most snowbirds don't head down to Florida until mid January. Week 51 and 52 get a bump because of school holidays and although I think non holiday late November through December is a great time to travel to warm weather destinations because it is after hurricane season but cold enough at home that it feels like you are getting out of the cold it is still low season. A lot of people wait and spend the holidays at home with family before migrating.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
TDI-95.jpg

This is for gulf coast from Tampa going south.

Well there are only 6 weeks in the year with lower tdi than the 85 for week 50. Most snowbirds don't head down to Florida until mid January. Week 51 and 52 get a bump because of school holidays and although I think non holiday late November through December is a great time to travel to warm weather destinations because it is after hurricane season but cold enough at home that it feels like you are getting out of the cold it is still low season. A lot of people wait and spend the holidays at home with family before migrating.
Right, regardless of location, week 50 really isn't super high demand.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I did not realize that week 50 on the gulf coast of FL was low season...
Yes lower but the specific area ( only a few resorts) you want to be in has lower inventory due to fewer units so no guarantee you will be able to rent at a low price. I usually see November weeks and early December for rent but week 50 not as much. I actually got a week 50 on Marco Island to guarantee I always have it.

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
Based on what I’ve seen in Getaways, I think there are some really fabulous deals to be had and I love deals! I recently upgraded to platinum on a 50% off promo to get priority viewing of getaways. I was going to buy another TS but I’m thinking the getaways will serve my needs! I can only travel on school vacations but it’s not a problem based on what I’m seeing and where I like to go. In August we went to St. Thomas on a getaway for less than half of current maintenance fees for owners. I’m loving the options especially if you search frequently and use the app for searches!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

youppi

TUG Member
Reaction score
What is your definition of everywhere ?
What is your definition of low season ?

If we use II TDI where the range goes from 50 to 150, we could say that a TDI 120 to 150 is not low season and everywhere is everywhere on the planet then

For week 50:
Colorado TDI = 150 https://www.intervalworld.com/iimedia/images/tdi/2018/TDI-9.jpg
Western Canada, Ski Area TDI = 135 https://www.intervalworld.com/iimedia/images/tdi/2018/TDI-10.jpg
Mexico, Cancun TDI = 130 https://www.intervalworld.com/iimedia/images/tdi/2018/TDI-14.jpg
Utah TDI = 125 https://www.intervalworld.com/iimedia/images/tdi/2018/TDI-53.jpg
Lake Tahoe TDI = 120 https://www.intervalworld.com/iimedia/images/tdi/2018/TDI-11.jpg
Mexico Baja Peninsula TDI = 120 https://www.intervalworld.com/iimedia/images/tdi/2018/TDI-38.jpg
Many places like Australia, New-Zealand, South Africa, Thailand, Dubai, ... are also high/peak season for week 50

Tips: To find quickly where week 50 is high/peak season, see the II TDI charts tab at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...8NPz0Pmm6KZZYcVsMoMIrwenxcIYwT2gD62Y/pubhtml#