• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How does a resort affiliate with Interval International?

Ddee555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn; San Clemente Cove, Coronado Beach Resort; Gaslamp Plaza Suites; Royal Aloha Vacation Club (RAVC)
I am an owner of two resorts that are only affiliated with RCI. However, I dislike RCI for various reasons and I would like these two resorts to at least dually affiliate with II. However, I do not know how to go about to ask for this. Both resorts are part of the Grand Pacific Resorts management family. They are Carlsbad Inn and Coronado Beach Resort. Owners do benefit with the 1-in-4 exchange rule with RCI. However, I am a new owner at San Clemente Cove (still in escrow), which is dually affiliated with RCI and II, so I do not think Grand Pacific is limiting the affiliation to RCI for these two resorts.

Do resorts have to pay to be affiliated with II? I would love to be able to trade my Carlsbad Inn week for a Marriott stay once in awhile.

aandmrun

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am not an expert in this, but I will tell you that I have resorts that were not in the II directory, but I submitted them in for trade and they were easily accepted. So if you have an account with II and want to trade your week you can do it, but you have to go on a year by year deposit.

Ddee555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn; San Clemente Cove, Coronado Beach Resort; Gaslamp Plaza Suites; Royal Aloha Vacation Club (RAVC)
I am not an expert in this, but I will tell you that I have resorts that were not in the II directory, but I submitted them in for trade and they were easily accepted. So if you have an account with II and want to trade your week you can do it, but you have to go on a year by year deposit.

Thank you so much! I did not realize that this was a possibility. This is very helpful.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Thank you so much! I did not realize that this was a possibility. This is very helpful.
Let us know if you have success with this.

You probably already know, but GPX has some nice exchange opportunities - much easier to get high demand locations (Hawaii/Southern CA) than RCI.

Bill4728

Reaction score
When a TS resort system like GPX picked RCI for their exchange company they are very unlikely to change to II. There is almost nothing you can do to affect a change to II.

Ddee555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Let us know if you have success with this.

You probably already know, but GPX has some nice exchange opportunities - much easier to get high demand locations (Hawaii/Southern CA) than RCI.

Yes, that is the one nice benefit is having access to GPX. I have used GPX for Hawaii exchanges. GPX is good for certain locations.

Ddee555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
When a TS resort system like GPX picked RCI for their exchange company they are very unlikely to change to II. There is almost nothing you can do to affect a change to II.

Thank you, Bill. I did not even think about the GPX aspect of it. I like GPX--just dislike RCI for multiple reasons.

sdnative

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m a new owner in GPX can I join II even if it’s not affiliated with them?
Thanks.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I’m a new owner in GPX can I join II even if it’s not affiliated with them?
Thanks.
Where do you own? There are a few GPX properties that trade in Interval (Hanalei Bay Resort is the one that comes to mind). Otherwise you will need a week that trades in Interval to join.

Last edited:

sdnative

TUG Member
Reaction score
Where do you own? There are a few GPX properties that trade in Interval (Hanalei Bay Resort is the one that comes to min). Otherwise you will need a week that trades in Interval to join.
Coronado Beach Resort

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Coronado Beach Resort
Nope. I own there too - so your choices are GPX, RCI, or one of the independents - Trading Places International, SFX etc.