• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

$25 off saving points between October 1 and October 7.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I received an email today from HGVC with offer of saving 2018 points between October 1 and October 7, 2018 and you'll receive a $25 discount on your save points transaction fee.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Woo-Hoo.
Now, if only I had some points that needed saving...

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
Thanks for posting this. I usually have around a thousand points to save and hate paying full freight on that one

RVCW4

TUG Member
Reaction score
GT75,

Was this a general email applying to all? Was there a code to use? I need to save some points for use in 2019 and then hopefully start being a point borrower instead of a saver.

Thanks!

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Was this a general email applying to all? Was there a code to use? I need to save some points for use in 2019 and then hopefully start being a point borrower instead of a saver.

It was a general email concerning Club Navigator with a week long email series of trips and tricks. I don't see a coupon. It did say "Stay tuned for more details!"

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
So if I have 3975 points left in 2018, and I know I am going to use some, but not all of them before the end of the year, should I just save them all with the discount on October 1? And I can still use them to book whatever I need in 2018 by borrowing them back? I may just end up using them for RCI reservations, so who knows. And after that, I hope to be a borrower, too.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
So if I have 3975 points left in 2018, and I know I am going to use some, but not all of them before the end of the year, should I just save them all with the discount on October 1? And I can still use them to book whatever I need in 2018 by borrowing them back? I may just end up using them for RCI reservations, so who knows. And after that, I hope to be a borrower, too.
Yes, if you are not going to use all of your 2018 points this year, it would be best to save them on Oct 1 to take advantage of the discounted fee. When / if you do make your 2018 reservation, the system will automatically use the saved points first.

Kurt

Denise L

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes, if you are not going to use all of your 2018 points this year, it would be best to save them on Oct 1 to take advantage of the discounted fee. When / if you do make your 2018 reservation, the system will automatically use the saved points first.

Kurt

Thanks! I might be using 3150 of them, which would leave me a very small amount to save, but I might need them for an RCI reservation, so have to save them.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Thanks! I might be using 3150 of them, which would leave me a very small amount to save, but I might need them for an RCI reservation, so have to save them.

BTW, you do not need to save points if, in this year, you book an RCI stay for next year.
The system draws current-year points for a future-year booking, w/o saving them first.
I booked two RCI stays for next year, using up this year's points and some of next year's.

Last edited:

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
BTW, you do not need to save points if, in this year, you book an RCI stay in a future year.
The system draws current-year points for a future-year booking, w/o saving them first.
I booked two RCI stays for next year, using up this year's points and some of next year's.

That is good to know.

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
I received an email today from HGVC with offer of saving 2018 points between October 1 and October 7, 2018 and you'll receive a $25 discount on your save points transaction fee.

OK I have used all my 2018 points, and I have booked all the vacations that I will for 2019 using points. I have some 2019 points left. The $25 discount is only for saving 2018 points. I guess I will need to wait until October 2019 to save these 2019 points.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
The $25 discount is only for saving 2018 points. I guess I will need to wait until October 2019 to save these 2019 points.

You could convert them to HHonors now, instead... He-he. o_O

Last edited:

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
You could convert them to HHonors, now, instead... He-he. o_O

You can joke with me about it since we both realize how ridiculous it is to convert and get 1 or 2 nights in a hotel instead of 7 nights in a timeshare.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can joke with me about it since we both realize how ridiculous it is to convert and get 1 or 2 nights in a hotel instead of 7 nights in a timeshare.

And yet the weasels keep touting this as an advantage to the HGVC program...

Cheers.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The sad thing is that it works. On the Facebook groups that I read, I would say that most people think that converting to Honors points is a good use of their points! The Facebook members tend to be much less experienced timeshare owners in general, but it is amazing at how many of them boast about not only converting, but even buying / upgrading additional HGVC weeks with the intention of converting to Honors most of the time. Sad and crazy, IMO!

Kurt

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
And this is why I love all y'all and don't have a Facebook account :)

Cheers.

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The sad thing is that it works. On the Facebook groups that I read, I would say that most people think that converting to Honors points is a good use of their points! The Facebook members tend to be much less experienced timeshare owners in general, but it is amazing at how many of them boast about not only converting, but even buying / upgrading additional HGVC weeks with the intention of converting to Honors most of the time. Sad and crazy, IMO!

Kurt
I just went to another presentation at the HGVC on the boulevard. It seems that in Las Vegas you can go to a presentation again and again even if you are a resale owner and have been to about 10 HGVC presentations before. They again tried to sell me on the greatness of using HGVC points to convert to Honors. Perhaps that is why the people on Facebook toot it as a great deal. THEY WERE TOLD IT WAS.
Instead of figuring it out, they just took the salesman's word!!

Denise L

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BTW, you do not need to save points if, in this year, you book an RCI stay for next year.

Thanks. I don't think my RCI reservation will use all 3975 points, so I guess I will have to save. I'm glad, at least, that HGVC doesn't charge to borrow back. Although, will I need to prepay any MFs to borrow back some for a HGVC reservation? I'm assuming not.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Although, will I need to prepay any MFs to borrow back some for a HGVC reservation? I'm assuming not.

You are correct. You will not need to pay MFs until they are due for HGVC.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Although, will I need to prepay any MFs to borrow back some for a HGVC reservation? I'm assuming not.
As others replied, you don't need to prepay. In fact, right now we can borrow 2020 points for a 2019 reservation made in 2018! :)

Kurt

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points

Cheers.

I have never figured out why they spend so much time selling the advantages of converting your points to hotels, HGVC has nice resorts in many popular locations you would expect they would promote that. Even when i would state at the beginning of the update that i don't want to hear about converting to honors, they still insist on going over why i am wrong... Then they just end up annoying and insulting me...

Denise L

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You are correct. You will not need to pay MFs until they are due for HGVC.

Thanks for the tips. Hypothetically speaking, what if I close on a contract before the end of the year and it has points to save? Will I need to pay another fee to save those? If I had the contract now, would one save fee cover both contracts?

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for the tips. Hypothetically speaking, what if I close on a contract before the end of the year and it has points to save? Will I need to pay another fee to save those? If I had the contract now, would one save fee cover both contracts?
HGVC treats all the points, no matter how many weeks you own, as a single bucket of points when it comes to fees for saving, depositing to RCI, etc. So yes, one fee would cover all of your points.

Kurt