• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

over 300 units of Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta in II

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
this is a staggering number. Does anyone else think that this is due to the fees? As others asked, what is this going to do to their trading power? How happy are the Vidanta owners gonna be when eventually will not be able to trade into comparable resorts?

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
For me - I have crossed all Vidanta properties off my bucket list for now. The fees are definitely part of my reasoning.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
this is a staggering number. Does anyone else think that this is due to the fees? As others asked, what is this going to do to their trading power? How happy are the Vidanta owners gonna be when eventually will not be able to trade into comparable resorts?

Hi Danny ,
1) Using your Grand Luxxe-Vidanta registered week to trade is probably a very poor use of the ownership .
Most recent owners also have “ no pay/ no go - MF on use only “AND pay on use only Vida - SFX bonus weeks that are designed for exchange use .

2) IMO - Vidanta does not do developer deposits in the traditional way .
Those 300 weeks are still available to Vidanta members directly ,& likely through SFX and perhaps other platforms .
IMO - they have deals with the exchange systems that allow this . The Vidanta system is more
like a hotel putting 2019 rooms on Expedia & every other booking app.
If someone books 75 rooms for an event directly with the hotel - those rooms are gone .
Vidanta reservations tracks ALL of this and removes inventory from all platforms as it is booked .(IMO)

3) IMO - Vidanta has had & will continue to have lots of availability from mid April to mid Dec.
They build in pesos for peak season - Christmas to Easter .
Income is in $ USD . / so having excess off season developer capacity works for Vidanta , AND gets new prospects for their sales team at Vida .

4) (IMO)- If you own Vidanta - the best use of your RTU / float week ownership is to book Presidents Week in Feb on the first day of your ARP .

5) the resort fee structure - (Vidanta just revised it again / lower ) -on RCI
On RCI they also put RM at a different dollar amount than NV . This was likely because of the
many Mayan Palace buildings / units in RM ( compared to a single MP building in NV .)

6) I do not have ll .
In RCI - Vidanta has some real TPU deals . I would look at the total cost -
including the resort fee .
It is a bit like renting a car - a $280 per week rental ( $ 39.95 per day ) - if you get unlimited miles / can be a better deal than $ 19.95 and 20 cents a mile .

7) Of course staying home and not vacationing is the cheapest option - but sort of cold in February , for us folks in Canada .

Last edited:

lily28

TUG Member
Reaction score
So what is the new resort fee now? I also cross off the resorts due to its high resort fees

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
So what is the new resort fee now? I also cross off the resorts due to its high resort fees

It varies by Vidanta property location and unit size .
It also varies by exchange company .

Currently SFX & ICE and some others are approx. $ 75 week.

RCI & ll are higher .

For RCI exchanges - I would read in the TUG Mexico Forum :
Vidanta Resort Fees changed again - lowered
posted by Eric B -Sept 22

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
i see the same disclaimer in Interval so for us (2 adults 2 kids) is 90 USD per day. Have they lowered the Interval fees as well and II just did not update the disclaimer yet?

REQUIRED SURCHARGES (energy, accommodations/occupancy tax, bed tax, fees or other miscellaneous) ARE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE OCCUPANT AND ARE PAYABLE DIRECTLY TO THE RESORT. Surcharges are subject to change without notice. Effective April 2, 2018: Resort Fee: USD 30 adult/daily Children 5-12 years of age: USD 15 per child per day. Guests will receive 25% in resort credits from resort fee, which could be used at restaurants, spa, or golf services. To schedule airport transfer to the resort: https://shuttleservices.vidanta.com/ The following information must be provided within five days before check-in: confirmation number, name of the resort,an flight information. Valet Parking: MXN390 weekly, per car.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I think they have always had these number of bulk deposits. There may be a slow down in grabbing them due to the fees. RCI raised their fees associated with the weeks at least a month prior to the increase in II so maybe they are just waiting a bit before lowering the fees with II.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree with Tracey. The Vidanta resorts have always had hundreds of weeks available at a time on II and RCI. There is a peak when a new bulk deposit hits, and a valley when it's been picked over, and all you see are a bunch of studios.

II has not dropped the fee yet. Keep checking.

I'm wondering, why do you all think the RCI fee is the same for 2br, 3br, & 4br?

What is the exchange fee on SFX? Which deposits get charged an upgrade fee?

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
I agree with Tracey. The Vidanta resorts have always had hundreds of weeks ....
I'm wondering, why do you all think the RCI fee is the same for 2br, 3br, & 4br?

RE : RCI - resort fee - Vidanta - (3 & 4 bedrooms same fee as 2 bedrooms )

Most of the RCI listings are Mayan Palace to Grand Bliss . These Vidanta brands have no units larger than 2 bedrooms .

( Grand Luxxe was historically a ll exchange ) In the last 6 months or so RCI has had a resort code for
GL NV (RB71) that had a start point of about 600+ units / weeks listed thru Dec 2019.
I think there were studios to 2 bedrooms .I have also seen a few larger units under a different RCI code and it may have been one of the less than 7 day codes .
The other day I recall seeing GL RM units listed on RCI .( cannot look up right now / Sun am down for maintenance )

So my sense is that RCI will have very few Grand Luxxe listings of units larger than 2 bedrooms / so why add an unneeded complication .

IMO - Vidanta is still trying to find the “ resort fee sweet spot “that works for all their brands and properties . It is interesting that RM now is a different rate than NV .
I think this is due to the much larger number of Mayan Palace units at RM .

as of Sept 23 2018 - there is Jan - March 2019 Mayan Palace Riviera Maya - 2 bedroom availability on RCI at an all in cost below $1100
{ based on a TPU cost of $30/ TPU 12 for 2 bedrooms + RCI exchange fee + (new/ lower )$420 resort fee for a RM .}

RE - SFX - Grand Luxxe is definitely an upgrade fee . The resort fee is still $ 75 based on all TUG reports .I think the net is less than $ 400 .

Last edited:

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree with Tracey. The Vidanta resorts have always had hundreds of weeks available at a time on II and RCI. There is a peak when a new bulk deposit hits, and a valley when it's been picked over, and all you see are a bunch of studios.

II has not dropped the fee yet. Keep checking.

In regards to SFX:

Unless you buy the Diamond membership, I believe the "free" membership has a $189 Exchange Fee (I'm Diamond Lifetime in full disclosure, so my Exchange fee is $149).

All deposits, AFAIK, get charged an upgrade fee for Grand Luxxe. It's $299, last time I checked.
As a Diamond I get free "size" upgrades if available (ie, I deposit a 1 BR and if there's a 2 BR available, I can get the 2 BR at no additional charge for the room size). I do still pay the $299 Grand Luxxe fee (the fee is the same regardless of whether it's studio, 1 BR, 2 BR, etc.) Holiday weeks may be more/higher, I don't know.

Hope this helps?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
On an amusing note, there are a lot of weeks available in RCI Platinum & Registry at the GL Celebrate Loft in NV, starting this month, both the 1 BR penthouse lofts and the studio lofts. However, I just checked in at a GL ND Spa unit this week and noted that GL Tower 5, the only building with those units in it, is currently closed either for maintenance or for capacity management; it was closed last month as well, though there were plenty of available weeks there in September, too. I don't believe that there is a good relationship between actual availability and what is in the exchange systems outside of the high season; instead they just want to get you in the door.

No idea why they made the 2-4 BR fees the same.

Flasher42

Reaction score
When does vidanta make a room dump?
looking for a 1-2 bedroom Grand Luxxe in Rivera Maya
in late October ?
d

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
Check the Sighting Board. You can also can request via the Board as well.