• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Quarter House Resort Units Explained

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
I just got an exchange into penthouse unit 508 for week 51. I am the worst at taking pics before we move into a room but I am going to try and do it this time.

How was your stay in 508 for week 51? Was it a large unit? I bet that’s a fun time to visit with it being Christmas

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
It was not bad but the bed arrangement info in Interval is incorrect. It shows a King and a Queen in the second bedroom but there is only one King. The sleeping capacity ends up being accurate because there are two sofa sleepers in the living room instead of the listed one. It is not like QH changed the arrangement and did not update Interval because there is not enough room in either bedroom to have a second bed as a Queen. This arrangement ends up not being ideal for us since we put the kids down fairly early and having to use the living room means there are kids in each of the three sleeping areas and no place to chill without bothering the kids. In a lock-off where there are two separate living rooms I can keep one of them to myself.

The rant for our needs aside, the room is pretty nice. The entrance opens to the kitchen and unlike some of the rooms it is clearly separated from the living room. It is not large, but no need to spend much time in it. From there there are a few steps up, then you can go upstairs to the two bedrooms or a few steps down to the living room. It is nice to have a separate bathroom downstairs while still having two dedicated bathrooms upstairs in the bedrooms.

Heading upstairs is a decent amount of stairs that u-turn half way up. The Master has a skylight and no windows. It was a nice surprise to see that the skylight had a motor to open it up but a big disappointment to find that it did not work. The motor hummed but never moved. The second bedroom had windows.

All three bathrooms had Jacuzzi brand jetted bathtubs.

As usual I forgot to take pictures.

jhac007

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ko Olina BC, Waioha BC, Crystal Shores (2 Gold), Kierland (Gold Plus), Ocean Pointe, Eagle's Nest, Vistana BC, Villas at Doral, Mizner Place, Windward Pointe, Star Island
Has anyone stayed in Unit #431 at the Quarter House, if so how many bathrooms, 2 or 3??

Linden

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Smoky Mountains, Club Wyndham Access, Quarter House New Orleans
We have never stayed there. But it is a 2 Bedroom 2 Bathroom 905 square feet with Saturday check in. Hope this helps.

jhac007

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ko Olina BC, Waioha BC, Crystal Shores (2 Gold), Kierland (Gold Plus), Ocean Pointe, Eagle's Nest, Vistana BC, Villas at Doral, Mizner Place, Windward Pointe, Star Island
We have never stayed there. But it is a 2 Bedroom 2 Bathroom 905 square feet with Saturday check in. Hope this helps.

Ok, thank you!

island22

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone stayed in Unit 432B at The Quarter House? It is Saturday check in and the small one bedroom side of a 1 bedroom lock off. Is this a nice room? With windows I hope? Or at least sky lights...
Thanks!

Last edited:

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would make a quick call to the front desk and ask. I have the full 432AB as 2BR 3Bath with two Queens and two sofa sleepers but I do not know if that is accurate. It "should" have windows on both sides given where the unit is located.

amanda308

Reaction score
We just got an exchange into 507B. Can anyone share any information they know on this unit? Interval has it listed as a studio, but I thought they are all at least one bedroom?

spackler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Quarter House, Jean Lafitte House, Bali Hai
507 is literally the only "efficiency lockoff" unit they have. So yes, I believe 507B is the one & only studio.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
507A and 507B are both studios. The other 121 possible unit numbers have at least a private bedroom even though some are very small.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I have been working on a list of units at The Quarter House in New Orleans. Every room is unique so it is difficult to determine the room type. I would like more detail like square footage of each unit but for now this is what I have.

Quarter House - Phases 1-5, 7 - 69 Units
Quarter House I - Phases 6 & 8 - 42 Units

Units by type:

One Bedroom - 48
One Bedroom Deluxe - 10
Two Bedroom - 7
Efficiency Lockoff - 1
Two Bedroom (larger deluxe?) - 27
Two Bedroom Lockoff - 12
Penthouse - 6

The only thing I am not 100% certain on is the two types on non-lockoff 2BR's. There are 2BR's with one bathroom and 2BR's with 2 bathrooms. The suite types on their website show these as 2BR and 2BR Deluxe but these names are not specified on the HOA budgets so it is very possible that some of my 27 "larger" units only have 1 bathroom. I categorized them based on maintenance fee amount. The fee amounts seem to be very consistent in relation to the type and size of the units.

It is interesting that there is a single unit that is an "Efficiency Lockoff". I had been fairly certain that QH had no studios but this is a small lockoff type splits into two studios.

The 2BR lockoffs and the penthouses are probably around the same size in total. Five penthouses are on the 5th floor and presumably extend into the attic as a second floor while one Penthouse is located on the 3rd floor.

The reason some units are not listed on the unit location diagram is because it is only phases 1-7. If you don't see a unit on that diagram then it is likely part of phase 8.

If you need info on a specific unit number shoot me a PM.

I guess all this shows what a complex facility is Quarter House. You've been working on a QH database for how long now? And we're still guessing about the characteristics of some units.

I for one would be happy to try to fill in some of your blanks next visit to N.O. QH has been very willing to show a unit as long as it is not occupied.

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
I guess all this shows what a complex facility is Quarter House. You've been working on a QH database for how long now? And we're still guessing about the characteristics of some units.

It’s definitely no cookie cutter facility, with the maze of hallways.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
It’s definitely no cookie cutter facility, with the maze of hallways.

We've owned a week in Unit 427 for ten years and I still make wrong turns trying to get to the elevator.

spackler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH has 5 floors. Don't know much about 504, except it's a one-bedroom with a full fridge but no washer/dryer.

You can call the front desk & they'll happily give you more details, including square footage.

(Oh, and please share any info you may get from them). :)

ran-ran

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would make a quick call to the front desk and ask. I have the full 432AB as 2BR 3Bath with two Queens and two sofa sleepers but I do not know if that is accurate. It "should" have windows on both sides given where the unit is located.
Has anyone stayed in Unit 432B at The Quarter House? It is Saturday check in and the small one bedroom side of a 1 bedroom lock off. Is this a nice room? With windows I hope? Or at least sky lights...
Thanks!
Based on 232B, I’d make the assumption that it is the same size unit. If it is, 232B does not have any windows. It is located at the very end of the hall at the opposite end of the building. I believe it’s about 500 square feet of space.

amanda308

Reaction score
Thought I would just share some quick info I learned about 507B. It is 519 sq. feet. I will provide more after our trip!

spackler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Although I own at QH, I'm going thru RCI for an upcoming trip as I have RCI points to burn. I'm apparently assigned 1-bedroom room 517 by RCI, but I'm not sure if that is set in stone or not. Anybody have thoughts on this unit? I'm told it has a washer/dryer & faces a courtyard.

Separately, it looks like I'll be charged $20 a day "resort fee", which is a bummer. Anyone know if I have to pay for the full 7 day interval ($140), even though I'm only staying for 4 days?

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Resort fee of $20 at Quarter House? That's a new one on me!

QH has an arrangement with a parking garage up Iberville and the daily rate is $20/day. Might that be it?

spackler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Resort fee of $20 at Quarter House? That's a new one on me!

QH has an arrangement with a parking garage up Iberville and the daily rate is $20/day. Might that be it?

Nope, parking is a separate charge. The $20/day is right on the RCI website. I just don't how how they calculate it (for the whole interval vs. days you'll be occupying it)

I'm assuming II does this as well, but don't know for sure.

Last edited:

ran-ran

TUG Member
Reaction score
hi all,

anyone know anything about room 503

spackler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Although I own at QH, I'm going thru RCI for an upcoming trip as I have RCI points to burn. I'm apparently assigned 1-bedroom room 517 by RCI, but I'm not sure if that is set in stone or not. Anybody have thoughts on this unit? I'm told it has a washer/dryer & faces a courtyard.

Separately, it looks like I'll be charged $20 a day "resort fee", which is a bummer. Anyone know if I have to pay for the full 7 day interval ($140), even though I'm only staying for 4 days?

Well, I'm back & might as well answer my own questions.

517 is nice, but the 'courtyard' view is of the smaller courtyard & you're on the fifth floor so you don't really see anything down below. The bedroom is on the interior (windowless) & was very quiet.

The $20/day RCI resort fee is just for the days you actually occupy the room, so we paid $80.

ran-ran

TUG Member
Reaction score
hi all,

anyone know anything about room 503

I stayed in 503 over Labor Day weekend. It is close to the elevator but we did not hear much if any noise from either other guests or noise on the street. Reason being is that you walk in to the open kitchen with square dinning table with four chairs. There are two doors from the kitchen, one to the bathroom and one to the living room. Once you walk in to the living room, there are two couches that convert into beds on opposite sides of the walls with a coffee table. It is a decent size room. There is also another door to the bathroom which was annoying because you were always hitting one door with the other, we tried to lock one but since this is a one bathroom unit, sometimes there was a need to get dressed in the kitchen area if there was company in the living room. There is a separate bedroom with a sloped ceiling and a queen size bed. It was cute but it was tight for even short people to maneuver around the room. There was only one window in the unit that faced Chartres Street that afforded a little light towards the living area. Overall, I would not prefer to stay in this room ever again.

I am also an Quarter House owner and this was an exchange through RCI. When I checked out and received the bill, I politely mentioned that I was an owner and the lady working the counter, removed the newly added resort fee for exchange visitors. I was happy that I did not have to pay anything for my stay there except the exchange fee.

spackler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am also an Quarter House owner and this was an exchange through RCI. When I checked out and received the bill, I politely mentioned that I was an owner and the lady working the counter, removed the newly added resort fee for exchange visitors. I was happy that I did not have to pay anything for my stay there except the exchange fee.

Hey, thanks for the tip! I just called to inquire about this & they refunded me the $80.