• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Upcoming New Resorts

holdaer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Parc Soleil, a HGVC
Paradise, a HGVC
As far as I can tell, there are 4 new resorts coming to HGVC that are not already listed on their website.

Officially Announced

1. Saint Philip, Barbados: HGVC @ The Crane
2. New York, New York: The Quin by Hilton Club
3. Cabo San Lucas, Mexico: HGVC @ Los Cabos
4. Chicago, Illinois: Chicago by Hilton Club or Chicago by HGVC (has this been officially announced?)
5. Ocean Tower, BI
6. Waikiki, bHC
7. Okinawa, Japan
8. Charleston, SC, bHC

Rumored

1. Turtle Bay, HI: HGVC @ Turtle Bay "rumored"
  2. Ambergris Caye, Belize: Mahogany Bay Resort & Beach Club @ HGVC "rumored"
  3. San Francisco, CA: "rumored"
  4. China: "rumored"

Is anyone aware of any other resorts in the pipeline that isn't already listed on club.hiltongrand vacations website?

Last edited by a moderator:

moonstone

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
Hilton is building (or has built?) a resort in San Pedro, on Ambergris Caye, Belize that has many self contained cottages (bedroom, kitchen, livingroom). When we were in Belize last winter (we spend each Jan > Mar there) some people were saying part of the complex was going to be timeshares but we were unable to verify that as we are neither HH or HGVC members and don't stay in that area. The new resort is called Mahogany Bay Resort & Beach Club and it looked nice on the ads we saw last winter.

~Diane

holdaer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Parc Soleil, a HGVC
Paradise, a HGVC
oh, very interesting! I love Ambergris Caye, Belize! My wife and I were there in 2005 for the Jerry Jeff Walker Camp Belize concert. If HGVC adds Ambergris Caye, that would be awesome!

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
As far as I can tell, there are 4 new resorts coming to HGVC that are not already listed on their website.

1. Saint Philip, Barbados: HGVC @ The Crane
2. New York, New York: The Quin by Hilton Club
3. Cabo San Lucas, Mexico: HGVC @ Los Cabos
4. Chicago, Illinois: Chicago by Hilton Club or Chicago by HGVC

Is anyone aware of any other resorts in the pipeline that isn't already listed on club.hiltongrand vacations website?

There was an owners update reported back in August that said Turtle Bay in Oahu was going to be half Hilton hotel rooms and HGVC timeshares. Don’t know if the report was correct, but it’s out there.

holdaer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Parc Soleil, a HGVC
Paradise, a HGVC
What?! Having a HGVC resort in Turtle Bay would make Oahu extremely more appealing to me than Honolulu.

Thanks for sharing, I haven't heard that one before.

holdaer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Parc Soleil, a HGVC
Paradise, a HGVC
Thanks for sharing the link. I must have missed that thread. Interesting that supposedly HGVC purchased 50% of Turtle Bay Resort and Hilton Hotels supposedly has the other 50%. That thread was posted July 2018. You would think a media press release would come out stating that HGVC purchased 50% of Turtle Bay resort. Similar to what came out about making purchases as mentioned above.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for sharing the link. I must have missed that thread. Interesting that supposedly HGVC purchased 50% of Turtle Bay Resort and Hilton Hotels supposedly has the other 50%. That thread was posted July 2018. You would think a media press release would come out stating that HGVC purchased 50% of Turtle Bay resort. Similar to what came out about making purchases as mentioned above.

They have been talking about HGVC and The Crane for a year and a half (Feb 2017). Here is a thread from trip advisor: https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTop...05-o10-The_Crane_semi_take_over-Barbados.html

With Blackstone purchasing the resort, you never know. Blackstone and HGVC do have a good working relationship. They partnered with HGVC to purchase Elara. It could be a lie to get someone to purchase so, who knows?

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
There has been rumors of San Francisco for a while, which i assume would be a Hilton Club Location if it happens.

At one of the Quarterly Investor calls earlier this year they were talking up the idea of opening one or more clubs in China. Not sure if that is still on the roadmap or not. Personally China is not that exciting to me, as if i travel there i would probably prefer hotels in major cities and save my club points for more of resort destination on a beach or something.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Didn't they announce Okinawa for 2020?

Also they recently opened a resort near Mt. Fuji. Japan.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
There has been rumors of San Francisco for a while, which i assume would be a Hilton Club Location if it happens.

At one of the Quarterly Investor calls earlier this year they were talking up the idea of opening one or more clubs in China. Not sure if that is still on the roadmap or not. Personally China is not that exciting to me, as if i travel there i would probably prefer hotels in major cities and save my club points for more of resort destination on a beach or something.

I would think that as well, but if the owner update thread is correct, the Chicago resort would be regular HGVC and not bHC. Chicago seems like it would fit the mold of a bHC resort so I will see it when I believe it. I thought The Crane would be a bHC too, so I was wrong there.

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
FWIW we (owner's at W 57th St) have been told several times at updates that Chicago would be "By Hilton Club".

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
FWIW we (owner's at W 57th St) have been told several times at updates that Chicago would be "By Hilton Club".

That makes more sense to me. It seems to me like a cut and dry bHC place. While I would prefer that it’s a regular HGVC, my guess that it’s a bHC.

Smclaugh99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Hilton Club
That makes more sense to me. It seems to me like a cut and dry bHC place. While I would prefer that it’s a regular HGVC, my guess that it’s a bHC.

That is why I asked the sales person multiple times and she was adamant that it will not be by Hilton club. Just reporting what was told to me. Again I’m skeptical as it makes little sense for them NOT to make it by Hilton club. It makes more sense for Chicago to be by Hilton club over Charleston.

Sean

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
That is why I asked the sales person multiple times and she was adamant that it will not be by Hilton club. Just reporting what was told to me. Again I’m skeptical as it makes little sense for them NOT to make it by Hilton club. It makes more sense for Chicago to be by Hilton club over Charleston.

Sean

Yep, add Charleston to the list but not sure when. Also agree that Charleston (and Crane) don't make sense as a bHC.

Last edited:

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Sean

What resort did you hear that Chicago was going to be regular HGVc and what were they trying to sell you?

Smclaugh99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Hilton Club
What resort did you hear that Chicago was going to be regular HGVc and what were they trying to sell you?

It was at an owners update at Park Soleil this weekend and we were talking about new properties. I brought up Chicago as bHC and she said that it will not be bHC, but regular HGVC. She said that was what has been told to them internally and she seemed confident. Of course, you know what they say about sales person and moving lips. Just passing on what I was told. My money is still on Chicago going all in as bHC.

Sean

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Yep, add Charleston to the list but not sure when. Also agree that Charleston (and Crane) don't make sense as a bHC.
Crane fits better w/ HGVC, as it is a full resort, however I would think that Charleston would be a better fit for a bHC, since it is basically just a hotel in the middle of the city -- no beach, no expansive pool area, etc. I hope I am wrong, of course!

Kurt

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Crane fits better w/ HGVC, as it is a full resort, however I would think that Charleston would be a better fit for a bHC, since it is basically just a hotel in the middle of the city -- no beach, no expansive pool area, etc. I hope I am wrong, of course!

Kurt

Charleston is already listed as bHC. While I believe Chicago will be bHC, I hope I’m wrong and it’s a regular HGVC.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Chicago will be regular HGV which is surprising but nice. I can’t imagine Crane would be bHC because how many people pop out to Barbados for a short stay?

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Looking back through a couple of older posts, the owners update op had a picture of the sales “visual” from the meeting. On it had what they listed locations that were to be bHC and one of them was Barbados. Now we think Barbados is going to be regular HGVC. Makes me wonder about Chicago.

On a side note, they mentioned Boston as a bHC location too.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score

Kurt

Not that I disagree about the Crane should be a regular HGVC but maybe it will be a bHC just to give booking advantage to the bHC owners and being able to use that as a selling point.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Not that I disagree about the Crane should be a regular HGVC but maybe it will be a bHC just to give booking advantage to the bHC owners and being able to use that as a selling point.

That was what I originally thought as well.