• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Does Marriott own Harborside at Atlantis

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
The individual timeshare owners own the timeshare. Marriott is the management company, because recently they bought out the Vistana/Starwood management company.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
And even with hotels, Marriott is still just the management company.
I don't even think at Atlantis that Marriott is a management company. Atlantis is an Autograph Collection property. Really an independantly owned, operated and managed property. They just have a licence agreement with Marriott International to use the name and reservation system.

With Harborside at Atlantis, there are two things at play. Harborside is owned by the owners but managed by Vistana. Vistana was owned by ILG. ILG is now owned by Marriott Vacation Club. However, nothing to this point has changed. MVC doesn't own Harborside nor does it own Atlantis. MVC doesn't really manage Harborside, that is still really being done by their wholly owned subsidiary Vistana.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
Can a Harborside owner use all of the facilities of Atlantis, or are they separate resorts with their own amenities?

andysnovel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Flex, Vistana Bella Section, BlueGreen Charleston,SC
Can a Harborside owner use all of the facilities of Atlantis, or are they separate resorts with their own amenities?
Yes they can, I was just there a few days ago, you also have your own resort pool and facilities as well. All the facilities and water park is included, as well as the 3 shuttle buses from Harborside that run from 8am thru 2am. There is a restricted area at Cove resort, otherwise you have the complete run of Atlantis.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Enjoy the 141 acre water park! My son loved it there when he was smaller. Now as a teenager he does not want to go back.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Enjoy the 141 acre water park! My son loved it there when he was smaller. Now as a teenager he does not want to go back.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

When he is 18+ he will once again remember it fondly .
Trust me - he is a teenager right now / it is temporary condition .

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
It’s one of our favorite timeshares. My daughter and I own 4 weeks there. Owners complain about the maintenance fees but imagine how much the fees would be at the Marriott timeshares in Orlando if they included daily entrance to the Magic Kingdom or Sea World.

cyntravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
It’s one of our favorite timeshares. My daughter and I own 4 weeks there. Owners complain about the maintenance fees but imagine how much the fees would be at the Marriott timeshares in Orlando if they included daily entrance to the Magic Kingdom or Sea World.
Suzanne this is so true. What is the going rate for Atlantis for 2019?

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
Suzanne this is so true. What is the going rate for Atlantis for 2019?

The entrance fee to Atlantis varies somewhat but I think the cruise passengers pay $130-150 per person per day.

brianfox

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai x3
The entrance fee to Atlantis varies somewhat but I think the cruise passengers pay $130-150 per person per day.
Went to Atlantis last year as an NCL excursion. $130-$150 is correct for an excursion that includes admission to Aquaventure. If you want to skip the waterpark and just visit Atlantis and the beach, it's about a third of that.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you have a 2/2 at Harborside, which supposedly sleeps 8), do all eight occupants get the daily entrance to Atlantis?

andysnovel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Flex, Vistana Bella Section, BlueGreen Charleston,SC
If you have a 2/2 at Harborside, which supposedly sleeps 8), do all eight occupants get the daily entrance to Atlantis?
I just had a 2 bedroom lock off at Harborside, 4 adults and 3 kids, we had no problem getting wristbands, I believe the max occupancy for my unit was 8 people. We had 2 bedrooms = 4 adults and 2 pullout queen sofa beds = 3 kids

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
They will provide the number of wristbands up to the occupancy of the unit. We had a 2/2 that slept six booked for a cruise stop in December and five of us got wristbands. My wife wasn't feeling well and stayed on the ship, otherwise we would have had six.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I suspect they wouldn't be more than $600 more as that would be about the cost of a seven day park hopper in Orlando.

vice

TUG Member
Reaction score
I suspect they wouldn't be more than $600 more as that would be about the cost of a seven day park hopper in Orlando.
$600 x 4 (or 6 or 8 or 10) depending on the occupancy of the hypothetical unit. That would start to add up quick!

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
$600 x 4 (or 6 or 8 or 10) depending on the occupancy of the hypothetical unit. That would start to add up quick!

Good point, I failed to multiply by occupancy.

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Good point, I failed to multiply by occupancy.

We have 4 3-bedrooms and each sleeps 10 people so $150 x 10 X 7 = $10,500 for each one. Maintenance fees are $3600 each. I think it’s a deal.