• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

No pool at WKORV-N

wannagotoo

TUG Member
Reaction score
It will be serviced until first part of November. Guests are directed to pool at Nanea or WKORV.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
It will be serviced until first part of November. Guests are directed to pool at Nanea or WKORV.

Yes, this has been on the WKORV-N website for several months now.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
There was a letter that it would be closed Sept 10 - although not sure if they did because of TS.Olivia.
I haven’t been over there yet - but south pool doesn’t seem more crowded.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Sorry for delay - north pool was closed on 13th- delayed from the 10th due to TS.Olivia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
A serious shutdown of pool area at WKORVN. I hear it will be a couple of months. Even the restaurant/bar is being renovated. Restaurant/Bar is still open, but bar has been moved to corner.
They moved lounges to lawn in front of WKORVN and also to lawn area of WKORV.

here are some photos...
b01614b96a592253efd27278f5564223.jpg

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
c0dda0960700884e21dd8baa3781b8b8.jpg

cbdb4cd3f278a53f0ed60e2377a6310d.jpg

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Isn't there an upper and lower pool? Are they both closed right now?

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Isn't there an upper and lower pool? Are they both closed right now?

It is my understanding that the entire pool area is closed - it looks like it is all fenced off.
We are staying at south resort.

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've always thought the north pool is too small for the resort, and the chairs are packed in too tight on the pool deck. I would love to see the lounge chairs out on the lawn permanently. Why jam them all together?

Negma

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk WKV WMH WKORVN SVR Harborside 5* and spoiled
Thank you for the pictures. We will be there in 3 weeks. We knew this was going on but good to see how they are dealing with it

canesfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN x2
WSJ-BV
WLR
I've always thought the north pool is too small for the resort, and the chairs are packed in too tight on the pool deck. I would love to see the lounge chairs out on the lawn permanently. Why jam them all together?

If you think North’s are jammed. Nanea’s are 10x worse! There’s no obvious walking path between the chairs and the bar/restaurant. I felt like I was walking on top of people. Again, they would be served better by putting some chairs on the lawn area over there too!

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
It is my understanding that the entire pool area is closed - it looks like it is all fenced off.
We are staying at south resort.

What about the small "quiet pool" that is over in the constant shade?

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
If you think North’s are jammed. Nanea’s are 10x worse! There’s no obvious walking path between the chairs and the bar/restaurant. I felt like I was walking on top of people. Again, they would be served better by putting some chairs on the lawn area over there too!

I think I did see chairs on lawn by Nanea - no one was in them - hot in Sept.

We saw all sorts of Palapa hogs at WKORV last week when were in the OFD B2 south corner last week. Again hot - they need more shade.

Luckily we are beach people.
Really like the NoBlo umbrella hold down (another TUG gem) - and Maui Baby Rentals for the chairs and brand new umbrella. (again - found them because of this forum).

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
What about the small "quiet pool" that is over in the constant shade?

I’ll let you know if I get over there - we have pretty much gone back and forth from villa to beach (in front of B2) other than the Olivia day.

dss

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the photos/update. Did they give you a more specific idea when they are anticipating completion? Hoping the impact on the WKORV pool isn't too bad.

aeroflygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here’s the announcement on their web page for WKORVN at Vistana.com...
Pool Closure — Sept. 10–Oct. 31, 2018 The oceanfront North Main Pool, the adult pool and deck areas at The Westin Kā'anapali Ocean Resort Villas North will be closed for maintenance. Pool deck food and beverage service will be unavailable at this time. Though dinning will be unavailable at the pool deck, all restaurants at the three resorts will remain open for your convenience. During this time, the Pirate Ship Pool, as well as the pool at The Westin Kā'anapali Ocean Resort Villas and the pool at The Westin Nanea Ocean Villas will be available for guest enjoyment. Please anticipate seeing dust and hearing intermittent sounds from the project. Workers will be present between 8:30 a.m. and 6 p.m., seven days a week. Thank you for your patience during this project. Please contact the resort for additional information.

wannagotoo

TUG Member
Reaction score
The small pool/adult pool is also closed. At the front desk they said it would be 9 to 5, Monday through Friday. There was no construction going on Saturday or today, Sunday. Our first few weeks here are island view so we asked for a room on the side by the pirate pool. Last few weeks are ocean view so we asked for rooms on the north side to minimize noise. Friday was noisy, concrete cutting and jack hammering. But I am sure that won't be going on for long.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
What improvements are being made to the pools?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
...Our first few weeks here are island view so we asked for a room on the side by the pirate pool. Last few weeks are ocean view so we asked for rooms on the north siide to minimize noise...

Wannagotoo, I'm envious! You're living the dream...

wannagotoo

TUG Member
Reaction score
They seemed to be jack hammering out tile, will check more today as they should be back to work. Will let you know. PamMo, most of my units were the result of wanting to use jet skis for half price. I could have bought the entire jet ski island including the skis for what I overpaid for the timeshares. I am blessed to have all the units, angry at the misrepresentations made by the timeshare salesmen, disappointed that the original benefits of Five Star have eroded, thankful to have found Tug, and mindful of making sure none of these ever go to waste. Latest newsletter said completion of improvements will be early November. If that's changed, will post.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
As mentioned - both are closed

83db45286c277ca12f557c900364446a.jpg

74a642eec1912b50636a51c20e5c5529.jpg

beachlynn

TUG Member
Reaction score
I feel bad for our friends who are arriving today on an explorer pkg. I called them on Sat and they had no clue. Their friends are staying at Nanea on an explorer pkg as well so they can hang over there with them. They are more beach people but they do like to jacuzzi and would for sure buy some drinks. Oh well, we are going with them on a Hyatt Residence's explorer pkg in March. Don't even get me started on what a joke it was trying to book that. People were getting mad. Sounds like first world problems at the end of the day. I wouldn't be happy about the no pool situation but the poor people in the Carolinas are suffering real world problems. God bless them all.

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
David, it's super nice that you're taking the time to update us on what's going on at the resort. THANK YOU. A friend is using our oceanfront unit at WKORVN in December, and I'd be appalled if they were overlooking construction. Hopefully, it will be finished, and beautiful, by then.