• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

ROFR Exercised/Passed

tombanjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HCNY
I made an offer on the buy it now. It's silver season which is the lowest of the low, but still NYC Midtwon

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
I know that there is no ROFR at The Flamingo, but do you want me to add my 2 bedroom platinum for $4500? I just got my closing papers today.

Smclaugh99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Hilton Club
I made an offer on the buy it now. It's silver season which is the lowest of the low, but still NYC Midtwon

I don’t think season or room size matter at HCNY. It’s only points. There are definitely three distinct times of the year in which point values differ but I did not get any sense as a new owner that there is any preference given to platinum versus gold versus silver.

Sean

Last edited:

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I know that there is no ROFR at The Flamingo, but do you want me to add my 2 bedroom platinum for $4500? I just got my closing papers today.
I always add the resorts I get even if they have no rofr. It lets others know the recent pricing.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I don’t think season or room size matter at HCNY. It’s only points. There are definitely three distinct times of the year in which point values differ but I did not get any sense as a new owner that there is any preference given to platinum versus gold versus silver.

Sean

Your MF per point cost will be higher with silver I.e. you get more bang for your buck with platinum because the MF across a unit type is stable while the # of points increases from silver to gold to plat.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.

Sean

Will Silver season points be enough to get a full week during Gold or Platinum?

I think Tombanjo understands the limitation on Silver and accepts because its NYC midtown so visiting any time of year has value to him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Smclaugh99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Hilton Club
30B31E2B-C5A4-499C-85BF-11803CA6F417.png

I think Tombanjo understands the limitation on Silver and accepts because its NYC midtown so visiting any time of year has value to him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

The HCNY is different from the rest of HGVC in terms of their points/seasons.
I just looked through the 34 page disclosure sheet with HCNY. They make no mention golf Platinum, Gold, or Silver in terms of giving preferential Home Resort bookings. If you own 5000 points, you own 5000 points - no season difference and no MF differences. The MF for everybody is about 28 cents per point. I will attach the point chart for the different times of the year. But yes, 5000 points would get you a studio for over 1 week during least busy time.

Sean

Last edited:

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +

NO, a full week of silver will NOT be enough to get a full week in Gold and Platinum in NYC. But if you are talking other locations it might. But as others here have noted that is not a good use of NYC points. You should use NYC points in NYC given there MF per point.

tombanjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HCNY
I plan to use studio size for two or three day visits a few times a year and borrow points from next year to round out. After 5 years, my borrowed week will be up, so I will skip that year. (So 1000 points a years first yr borrow, 2000, second year, etc. )

I plan on getting a points week for other vacation (different location) days as well, I won’t be bereft of places to go.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Just got word my offer at HCNY for 5000 pt Silver season 1 BR passed ROFR at $7501. It was that extra buck that did it :)
Does HCNY have the all inclusive fee structure like residences? Thanks

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Smclaugh99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Hilton Club
I plan to use studio size for two or three day visits a few times a year and borrow points from next year to round out. After 5 years, my borrowed week will be up, so I will skip that year. (So 1000 points a years first yr borrow, 2000, second year, etc. )

I plan on getting a points week for other vacation (different location) days as well, I won’t be bereft of places to go.

Bottom line, you got a great price for HCNY and will undoubtedly enjoy your membership, esp because there is less competition with bookings. Congrats!

Sean

tombanjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HCNY
Yes, I believe it is $290 club fees instead of $170, but that includes free reservations. So multiple short stays are economical from the no housekeeping, no reservation fees point of view.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Yes, I believe it is $290 club fees instead of $170, but that includes free reservations. So multiple short stays are economical from the no housekeeping, no reservation fees point of view.
Would you care to say who you bought this unit from? If I can pay $120 more and save on all my booking fees, I will have to buy a unit there. The west 57th street properties were too expensive for what I need it for. I just want to pay the all inclusive fee and save on the booking fees. Not paying the booking fee every time I make a reservation. It would only take me 8 years to break even on a $7500 purchase cost for this unit.

What are the MF for the HCNY 1br? Or are the studios even cheaper? Thanks

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

VacationMode

Reaction score
Hi All! I’m new to this site, and a (soon to be) proud new owner of a Hilton lagoon tower 2 br OF unit! I just wanted to thank everyone on this site for all the useful info you have all provided me in my research into whether or not to buy a HGVC timeshare. So thank you! For those wondering, I paid 27k for 9600 points.(already updated ROFR.net) I know it’s a bit steep, but we really wanted the oceanfront unit as opposed to the ocean view. Since OV had so many diff units they could put you in but OF had to be one of the 2 front units. Thanks agajn guys!

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Hi All! I’m new to this site, and a (soon to be) proud new owner of a Hilton lagoon tower 2 br OF unit! I just wanted to thank everyone on this site for all the useful info you have all provided me in my research into whether or not to buy a HGVC timeshare. So thank you! For those wondering, I paid 27k for 9600 points.(already updated ROFR.net) I know it’s a bit steep, but we really wanted the oceanfront unit as opposed to the ocean view. Since OV had so many diff units they could put you in but OF had to be one of the 2 front units. Thanks agajn guys!
Welcome to official signing in to tug. Congratulations on your purchase. As you did your research and are happy with what you got, you will enjoy. Nothing like guaranteed oceanfront views.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Congrats @VacationMode That's an awesome unit (we have stayed in OF several times). Your price is in the resale ballpark for these units especially given the strength of the economy and how much more the developer would charge.

Enjoy! You made a terrific purchase that you will enjoy for many years to come.

Rosa Werden

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Thanks for all your info! We just signed on our purchase of HGVC Kings Land10,500 points, 2br floating, annual platinum for $13,800. Just waiting on the owners to sign and we can force ourselves to take an annual vacay! Yay!!

Last edited:

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Hi everyone! Thanks for all your info! We just signed on our purchase of HGVC Kings Land10,500 points, 2br floating, annual platinum for $13,800. Just waiting on the owners to sign and we can force ourselves to take an annual vacay! Yay!!

Has HGVC waived their rights on ROFR for your purchase already?

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo