• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

ROFR Exercised/Passed

Alohamary

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Hawaiian Village Kalia
I was just notified today that we passed ROFR on a 6200 pts One Plus at Kalia tower in Hawaii for $8500. It's been 5 weeks. We have not closed however, so I'll post it on the other site when it is finalized.

Gryphoak

Reaction score
I just passed ROFR for 2 annual Sunrise Lodge Studio Plus units. One was for $4000 and the other was $2000. They are worth 3500 points each. The first has already closed and I was able to take the seller's saved 2017 points as well.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I just passed ROFR for 2 annual Sunrise Lodge Studio Plus units. One was for $4000 and the other was $2000. They are worth 3500 points each. The first has already closed and I was able to take the seller's saved 2017 points as well.

Please update the www.rofr.net db. Thanks

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Closed on HGVC Marbrisa 8400 points (fixed week) for $2000.
Nice! I'm thinking I need something like that for retirement. An extra Hawaya week or a nice trip to the coast.

Vkothari916

TUG Member
Reaction score
Redweek. It’s fixed week 22 but can be converted to points. I think you mentioned buying Flamingo from there. Redweek is the way to go! Way better deals to be had than what the full service brokers sell.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Congrats on a tremendous deal. Wondering if the fact it is fixed week 22 (which is during June gloom - the foggiest month for San Diego) deterred people from paying more?

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Redweek. It’s fixed week 22 but can be converted to points. I think you mentioned buying Flamingo from there. Redweek is the way to go! Way better deals to be had than what the full service brokers sell.

Yeah, we did. Our first TS purchase. It was fabulous price ($4500 for a 2 br platinum) and we haven’t seen one close since. With the exception of communication in the beginning, Redweek has been good. We are moving at a snails pace, but that’s seems to be the norm. The sellers waited 10 days after we signed our contract to sign and it’s now been sent to First American to transfer and close. Just hoping it will be closed by October as we want to make our plans for next summer!

Vkothari916

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah, we did. Our first TS purchase. It was fabulous price ($4500 for a 2 br platinum) and we haven’t seen one close since. With the exception of communication in the beginning, Redweek has been good. We are moving at a snails pace, but that’s seems to be the norm. The sellers waited 10 days after we signed our contract to sign and it’s now been sent to First American to transfer and close. Just hoping it will be closed by October as we want to make our plans for next summer!
Make sure you ask First American to send you the original deed by FedEx. For some unknown reason they sent it snail mail and I haven’t recieved it in 2 weeks ‍♂️

Other than that issue they were pretty quick in closing. You should be done in few weeks.

Vkothari916

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congrats on a tremendous deal. Wondering if the fact it is fixed week 22 (which is during June gloom - the foggiest month for San Diego) deterred people from paying more?
That was the asking price I just send “Yes!” Immediately lol.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Make sure you ask First American to send you the original deed by FedEx. For some unknown reason they sent it snail mail and I haven’t recieved it in 2 weeks ‍♂️

Other than that issue they were pretty quick in closing. You should be done in few weeks.

Thanks for the heads up. We are still waiting for First American to process our deposit. The rep we were assigned was out of the office for a few days.

Smclaugh99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Hilton Club
Hi all - new to TUG and resale. I just found out that Hilton waived ROFR for 2BR HGVC SeaWorld (Platinum - 7000 points) that I got on EBay for $4K, free closing. I will put this in the database.

They may have let me get this because I’m currently elite plus and have given them a ton of my money. I will test this theory as I am now waiting for ROFR on Kings Land 2BR (Platinum - 14,400 points) for $10.2K.

Sean

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Hi all - new to TUG and resale. I just found out that Hilton waived ROFR for 2BR HGVC SeaWorld (Platinum - 7000 points) that I got on EBay for $4K, free closing. I will put this in the database.

They may have let me get this because I’m currently elite plus and have given them a ton of my money. I will test this theory as I am now waiting for ROFR on Kings Land 2BR (Platinum - 14,400 points) for $10.2K.

Sean
Wow surprised, Great price, congratulations. If anyone else is in the process of getting another 7000 point sea world platinum please let us know if you passed.

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World

Sean

It may also be that the price submitted to HGVC for ROFR may not have been $4,000. If the eBay seller was one of the companies that charge desperate sellers a big upfront fee, the price submitted for ROFR may have actually been your $4K contract price plus the upfront fee, which could have easily been $2500 to $3000. I have read that some of those companies structure their submittals that way and is the reason some appear to pass at lower prices than you would think likely.

Hsahota1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV
Hilton rofr'd

1) 4800 pts for $2500 Boulevard a month ago and

2) 7000 pts for $6500 Boulevard just recently

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score

Sean

No one knows when and what HGVC ROFR's, but dont mistake one sale for passing ROFR for goodness of their heart towards you. HGVC will do whatever makes them the most money regardless of how the members feel.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.

Sean

That would beat my price of $13k for the 14.4k, hope you get it. Mine passed late in the year, I think its easier to pass after October when their rofr budget runs low.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

GMN13

Reaction score
I just received notice that ROFR was exercised on my first attempted purchase. Is there a thread or database to share the details for others reference? I'm new here and didn't see any place for it in the HGVC section.

If anyone's curious, it was a 2BR Platinum at Sea World for $7k (7000 points). I was purchasing it through Seth Nock's site. Per them, the MFs were around $990 last year, which I know is lower than what was listed in the MFs sticky thread.
So does that mean that HGV bought it back or you were able to purchase it...?

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
So does that mean that HGV bought it back or you were able to purchase it...?

"Exercised" means Hilton bought it back.

Note that was from a post from March 2017 - almost 18 months ago.

Smclaugh99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Hilton Club

Sean

Just got word from the title company that Hilton waived ROFR for my EBay purchase of Kings Land 2BR Platinum (14,400 points) that I paid $10,200.

So far, Ive been lucky, going 2 for 2. The ultimate test is my EBay West 57th 10500 points for $7680 - ROFR just went out from title company today. I would be floored if that slips through.

Sean

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Just got word from the title company that Hilton waived ROFR for my EBay purchase of Kings Land 2BR Platinum (14,400 points) that I paid $10,200.

Congratulations. That is a great price. Can you please add to rofr.net database? Wow, you never know what HGVC is going to take back because I see that @1Kflyerguy failed ROFR for the same unit at KL on 2/20/2017 at $13,101.

tombanjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HCNY
Just got word my offer at HCNY for 5000 pt Silver season 1 BR passed ROFR at $7501. It was that extra buck that did it :)

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort

So far, Ive been lucky, going 2 for 2. The ultimate test is my EBay West 57th 10500 points for $7680 - ROFR just went out from title company today. I would be floored if that slips through.

Sean
Congratulations, great price. Maybe luck is on your side for number 3.

Smclaugh99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Hilton Club
Just got word my offer at HCNY for 5000 pt Silver season 1 BR passed ROFR at $7501. It was that extra buck that did it :)

Wow - That is a great price for HCNY! Congrats! Can I ask where you found that deal? I had seen a “buy-it-now” for $8999 recently on EBay.

Sean