• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Harborside Waitlist

blondietink

Reaction score
A friend of mine is trying to get into Harborside the same week we have a reservation. Unfortunately she fell asleep before midnight on the date she wanted and ended up calling after 9 am to be told her request would be put on the wait list.

I have read stories on here about how the wait list works, or doesn't work. What strategies should I suggest to her to increase her chances of getting a confirmed reservation? Should she call every day? Should she try a mock booking daily? Or something else?

Any and all suggestions are welcome!

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
The wait list is borderline useless, and is more of a marketing gimmick for Elite status than an actual perk.

If she's serious about getting a reservation, she should take matters into her own hands and commit to checking the Villa Finder multiple times per day until the reservation she wants appears. If it's for popular dates, she should pay special attention to availability in the 60-90 day period prior to arrival, as this is when a majority of cancellations occur. She can also search for and book multiple shorter consecutive reservations in the same unit type if the dates don't appear as one single reservation. Once she has confirmed reservations covering her whole desired period Owner Services might be able to re-book them as a single reservation, but will at the very least be able to "link" them (which is basically just notating the reservations with a request to stay in the same unit).

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
Your friend should just keep trying online. Many times I couldn’t get what I want at 8 months out, but within a few weeks eventually scored.

grab

TUG Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine is trying to get into Harborside the same week we have a reservation. Unfortunately she fell asleep before midnight on the date she wanted and ended up calling after 9 am to be told her request would be put on the wait list.
This is the one reason I don’t like living on the east coast. Imagine how great it would be if this happened at 9pm.

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
This is the one reason I don’t like living on the east coast. Imagine how great it would be if this happened at 9pm.

Yeah, I agree it's too bad about the schedule opening at midnight. For us poor working schlubs who have to wake up early in the AM, it's a killer to have that 11:45pm - 1:00am block of time ruined, especially night after night if you fail to get your first choice of dates. The 6:00am/9:00am timing was much better.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
agree, this has worked for me multiple times. but it could be a bad strategy for airfare...

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I am confused. What time does Vistana open bookings?

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)

jhac007

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ko Olina BC, Waioha BC, Crystal Shores (2 Gold), Kierland (Gold Plus), Ocean Pointe, Eagle's Nest, Vistana BC, Villas at Doral, Mizner Place, Windward Pointe, Star Island

I can imagine how bad it would be if it was at 9pm! The system would be over loaded because every one is in the game. 12mn rules out some sleepy heads as mentioned.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
It is at 9 pm - on the West Coast. It's only 12 pm in the eastern time zone.

blondietink

Reaction score
12 am (not pm) on the east coast.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
Your friend should just keep trying online. Many times I couldn’t get what I want at 8 months out, but within a few weeks eventually scored.

This just worked for me. I tried to get Oceanfront WKORV at exactly 8 months out - no luck. Tried again about a week later - WHOOP THERE IT IS! 2 weeks suddenly appeared. I wasn't trying at midnight either - this was like 3 in the afternoon. We are SO HAPPY we will not be getting the same sliver view of the ocean overlooking the pirate pool. Can't believe we book South and get the view of the pirate pool, then we book North and get the same view of the pirate pool. We swore we would never go there again if there was a chance we would get that view again.

Last edited: