• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Poll: Where would you like to see HGVC Expand to?

Where would you like to see HGVC expand to?

• Canada - Ontario/Quebec

Votes: 13 16.9%
  • Canada - Western Canada

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • Canada - Other

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Caribbean - Aruba

Votes: 24 31.2%
  • Caribbean - Bahamas

Votes: 28 36.4%
  • Caribbean - Barbados/Puerto Rico/Lesser Antilles

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Caribbean - Other

• Europe - France

Votes: 28 36.4%
  • Europe - Italy

Votes: 13 16.9%
  • Europe - Spain

Votes: 21 27.3%
  • Europe - Other

Votes: 15 19.5%
  • Florida - NE Coast/Atlantic Coast/ Beach

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • Florida - Key West

Votes: 27 35.1%
  • Maui/Kauai Hawaii

Votes: 41 53.2%
  • Nashville TN

Votes: 10 13.0%
  • San Diego CA

Votes: 15 19.5%
  • SE Asia/Oceania/New Zealand/Australia

• Sedona AZ

Votes: 25 32.5%
  • Smokey Mountains

Votes: 14 18.2%
  • Ski Area (Whistler/Aspen/Vail/ etc)

• Yellowstone/ Grand Teton

• Other Location Not Listed

• Total voters

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I would love at least one real exotic location, but they are likely very expensive to build and sell. But Maldives or Thailand for Asia or Fiji or French Poly for S Pacific.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Need a real one in southeast Asia..... Or Asia in general

What would you like to see? Thailand?

I would love at least one real exotic location, but they are likely very expensive to build and sell. But Maldives or Thailand for Asia or Fiji or French Poly for S Pacific.

Would you like me to put Fiji on there?

How about Papeete, Marquesas and Avalon?

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
Key Largo or Key West, Palm Beach, Virgin Islands, San Francisco.
Doubt they'll do it. Too hard to sell these places apparently.
Maybe they'll do San Francisco with a hotel conversion like they are doing in DC.
Just wish they'd not have a 2 tier system for cities.
Annoying to have 2 classes of membership, that's not why you join a club. :rolleyes:

fernow

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hope I am not the only one who appreciates the irony of the question. Most folks here HATE the sales folks and believe no one should pay retail for a timeshare. Sales people and retail prices, of course are absolutely needed if HGVC is to expand anywhere. HGVC could not exist if resale prices were the norm.

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
Hope I am not the only one who appreciates the irony of the question. Most folks here HATE the sales folks and believe no one should pay retail for a timeshare. Sales people and retail prices, of course are absolutely needed if HGVC is to expand anywhere. HGVC could not exist if resale prices were the norm.

That is an extremely good point. What would happen if everyone knew about resale timeshares and that they could own the same thing for say 20% of what HGVC sells them for, and some other timeshare resorts could be owned for practically nothing? There would be no more timeshare built.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is absolutely true, all the resale owners (including myself) benefit from the fact that somebody was ripped off at one point in time. That does not mean that I should not tell people that they can get a better deal today, if fact i would feel terrible otherwise!

fernow

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hence the irony of largely resale owners, including me, wanting to see HGVC expand and as DannyTS points out, the conflict of wanting someone to pay too much so we can pay too little. (Both are true).

We want people to know about resale, but not TOO many people.

I voted for Maui/Kauai btw because we love the Big Island and would like more people to go to other islands... but not TOO many people... similar dilemma!

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Looks like HGVC hit one of out top choices with the addition of The Crane in Barbados. Let’s hope the expand to some of our other choices.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hence the irony of largely resale owners, including me, wanting to see HGVC expand and as DannyTS points out, the conflict of wanting someone to pay too much so we can pay too little. (Both are true).

We want people to know about resale, but not TOO many people.

I voted for Maui/Kauai btw because we love the Big Island and would like more people to go to other islands... but not TOO many people... similar dilemma!

I think the amount of people that find out about the resale market here on Tug are pretty small. The thing is, HGVC somewhat needs the ability of resale to show potential retail buyers they are buying an “investment.” We all know that it’s not, but the ability to sell is what gives the sales weasels an opportunity to promote that.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
I would love to see Key West. Of the hotel affiliated timeshare companies, Hyatt seems to be the one that blazed a trail there. If I were going to invest into a new system at this point, I would find a Hyatt Key West Resort (Sunset Harbor or Beach House) most tempting. The best thing for me would be for HGVC to get something there, and here's to hoping.

tombanjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HCNY
  • One of the big costs is sales; commissions, freebies, bonus points, free rooms, etc. I managed to buy without getting a single one of those things. So stripped down pricing with stripped down freebies is a possibility. Tesla is moving away from even brick and mortar showrooms to sell cars. They are locked into the madness as they need to continue in order to get high prices to pay for high sales costs. If their elite program had really distinguishing benefits that people would pay more for, and lower upfront cost, direct would be an option. They can’t take away existing benefits from existing resales owners to prop up developer prices or there would be a revolution and their name would be something similar but less desirable than mud.