• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What happened to RCI points info thread??

carl2591

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Joined TUG '96, Wyndham Grand Palms AKA, Presidential Villas at Plantation Resort, 3 bed lockout.
Was at Silver Lake Resort last week in Kissimme and while in hot tub got talking with a couple that has purchased points in Jan of 2018.

I was telling the wife about TUG and how they should go on the forums and read more about the RCI points system which was different than DVC, Wyndham etc and when i good to see about points, I like to learn more about them myself I can NOT find anything on RCI points in Exchanging forum

what gives. ??

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
There are quite a few posts on RCI points. Most I think will be under other TS systems. But feel free to post questions and either I or someone else will gladly answer.

carl2591

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Joined TUG '96, Wyndham Grand Palms AKA, Presidential Villas at Plantation Resort, 3 bed lockout.
there is NO real RCI points thread even under "other".. I would think with as many owner that use RCI points it should have it own category like wyndham etc.. just make sense for new folks coming here after a tour and hearing about RCI points all day trying to find more info..

If someone come to this place with NO knowledge of timeshare or how this site works, it is quite confusing to say the least. I have been on here since 1998 and have learned how to get around.

VanX

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Blue Bay Getaway
there is NO real RCI points thread even under "other".. I would think with as many owner that use RCI points it should have it own category like wyndham etc.. just make sense for new folks coming here after a tour and hearing about RCI points all day trying to find more info..

If someone come to this place with NO knowledge of timeshare or how this site works, it is quite confusing to say the least. I have been on here since 1998 and have learned how to get around.

I have I agree as a New after market purchaser with RCI points I can’t for the life of me understand why it’s mot listed in the group of other exchange systems. Although my persistence paid off it’s still strange to me how it’s not made obvious for newbies.

carl2591

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
See what i am saying.. ?? from the mouths of babes, as VanillaX has shown there need to be a category in the Exchange section called "RCI Points" I remember there being one years ago.

Maybe we need a poll to see how many users agree with this request??

I have I agree as a New after market purchaser with RCI points I can’t for the life of me understand why it’s mot listed in the group of other exchange systems. Although my persistence paid off it’s still strange to me how it’s not made obvious for newbies.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
RCI is an Exchange Company - it is not a timeshare system like Wyndham, Marriott, Vistana, etc. So RCI info is found on the Exchanging Forum, with the other exchange companies.

At the top of the Exchanging Forum there is a Sticky entitled: Exchange Company Info. and FAQ's - that may be what you are looking for.

youppi

TUG Member
Reaction score
RCI is an Exchange Company - it is not a timeshare system like Wyndham, Marriott, Vistana, etc. So RCI info is found on the Exchanging Forum, with the other exchange companies.

At the top of the Exchanging Forum there is a Sticky entitled: Exchange Company Info. and FAQ's - that may be what you are looking for.
Hi Denise,
FYI, the RCI weeks link is broken

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Youppi - Thank you for bringing it to my attention: I don't know where that article went - I have referred it to Admin.

Also, for people looking for RCI info - there are a lot of articles on the Advice Page.

carl2591

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Denise,, I understand what you are saying but you have 2 separate systems within RCI.. Points and weeks same with Wyndham and some of the older resorts.

I thought i remembered a special category about RCI points that was a sub cat in the exchange section.

We have special Wyndham, Disney and they can exchange within RCI as well so it a mashup of sorts.

maybe a sticky on the "exchange page" with links to the RCI points stuff would be helpful. At least give a door to open to find out more info. A lot of people when they land on TUG have no idea what the difference between RCI points and what is an exchange forum as there is nothing saying RCI points info. :) just saying..

I talk with folks at the hot tub when at resorts all the time and 90% of them have not heard of TUG or Timeshare before the tour and HARD sell they went through. When you explain it some they do like the concept and I offer TUG as a guide to resale, how to use the weeks and points system etc.. Let's make it somewhat easier to find info as most resort are selling points of some sort.

I found this old page as well..
https://tug2.net/timeshare_advice/rci-points-exchange-timeshare-faq.html

all great resources but not easy to find for the most part.

the links you posted above is what need to be in a sticky in the RCI points thread.

this is the stuff folk like or need to see. remember they are coming from a hard core timeshare tour adn they may have said NO, 15 times so the part of the program the sales staff went over, cost to exchange, cost of membership, how many points needed to trade in to somewhere,, have GONE out of their brain a couple day later or less.

happy labor day to all you/us labors.. :)

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This is at the top of the Exchanging Forum:

Exchanging
Discuss all aspects of exchanging timeshare intervals here including RCI Points, whether through Exchange Companies (RCI, II and Others), or directly with other owners. Please no advertisements which belong elsewhere on TUG. Ads will be deleted.
maybe a sticky on the "exchange page" with links to the RCI points stuff would be helpful.
Per my post above, there is already a sticky at the top of the exchanging forum with the info you are looking for. We try to consolidate the stickies, because it is unwieldy to have too many stickies at the top of a page:

Name of Sticky: Exchange Company Info and FAQ's

These are the links in that sticky:

Interval International Information and FAQ

RCI Weeks Information and FAQ

RCI Points Information and FAQ

RCI Points vs Weeks Differences

Websites for Exchange Companies

Which Exchange Companies allow exchanges to be rented?

Interval International Travel Demand - Master Index

Last edited:

carl2591

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
roger now i see.. t hanks