• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What are my Chances in II for Winter in FL?

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
i would like me to be exchange my SDO for Jan. Feb. March, November or December of 2019

I’m looking for any of the following locations:

Naples
Bonita Springs
Ft Myers
Marco Island

Just trying to get a feel for Florida

Thanks

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
i would like me to be exchange my SDO for Jan. Feb. March, November or December of 2019

I’m looking for any of the following locations:

Naples
Bonita Springs
Ft Myers
Marco Island

Just trying to get a feel for Florida

Thanks
Based on my experiences November and December should be no problem. I also think you have a descent chance early January and late March. For late January to mid March it’s late for a request but still can happen but usually closer to the date. This is for the better rated resorts. If you request all of them more possibilities are open.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Based on my experiences November and December should be no problem. I also think you have a descent chance early January and late March. For late January to mid March it’s late for a request but still can happen but usually closer to the date. This is for the better rated resorts. If you request all of them more possibilities are open.
Panina, Thank you so much... After I helped my Aunt this year and went down to Naples in January, I realized I need to be treating myself to this winter getaway each year till I retire... It really helped me get through the winter months...I'm going to put my request in now and hope for the best...

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panina, Thank you so much... After I helped my Aunt this year and went down to Naples in January, I realized I need to be treating myself to this winter getaway each year till I retire... It really helped me get through the winter months...I'm going to put my request in now and hope for the best...
Let me know how it turns out and what you get.

Last edited:

Deb & Bill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - OKW, Sold BRV; Used to own Charter Club Marco Island
Marco is mostly RCI, not II. Unless Crystal Shores (Marriott) and the Holiday Inn resort are II. Charter Club, Surf Club, Eagles Nest, Club Regency are all Hilton.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
If you haven’t deposited your week in II, you could put an add in Marketplace for an exchange. We have had some successful exchanges thru TUG.
Silentg

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marco is mostly RCI, not II. Unless Crystal Shores (Marriott) and the Holiday Inn resort are II. Charter Club, Surf Club, Eagles Nest, Club Regency are all Hilton.
I know Eagle Nest and Surf Club trade in II too. As an owner of both, if I was not using them to get points in HGVC to go to a specific HGVC resort, I would deposit them in II and I would get much better trading value then RCI. Also Sunrise Bay trades in II too, nice trade too.

jhac007

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ko Olina BC, Waioha BC, Crystal Shores (2 Gold), Kierland (Gold Plus), Ocean Pointe, Eagle's Nest, Vistana BC, Villas at Doral, Mizner Place, Windward Pointe, Star Island
I know Eagle Nest and Surf Club trade in II too. As an owner of both, if I was not using them to get points in HGVC to go to a specific HGVC resort, I would deposit them in II and I would get much better trading value then RCI. Also Sunrise Bay trades in II too, nice trade too.

......but would you deposit your winter weeks (Feb. inparticular)?

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
......but would you deposit your winter weeks (Feb. inparticular)?
Yes I would deposit my February winter week if I was looking to trade for an equivalent week in such places as Sanibel, Captiva, Old Key West, etc as I feel my chances would be better to get the trade in II. I also could do a request first.

The Hgvc system has limited weeks in Sanibel and Captiva being all are affiliates. For affiliate trades you have to call in everyday to see if there is any availability, there is no request list.

Using the RCI portal through HGVC, I have had no success getting high demand, high area weeks unless it was last minute.

So ultimately, unless I needed points to trade directly in HGVC for something specific like a winter week in Miami Beach I would deposit my February winter Eagles Nest week in II if I was not using it.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Pannia have you ever done a TUG Marketplace Exchange?

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pannia have you ever done a TUG Marketplace Exchange?
I have not in the past and now I am mostly using what I own. I have looked but never saw a time and place I wanted that would work.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I ended up just buying a winter week thru the getaways for Vanderbilt Beach and Harbor for 2019. I deposited my SDO but my OGS was not matching to Naples

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I ended up just buying a winter week thru the getaways for Vanderbilt Beach and Harbor for 2019. I deposited my SDO but my OGS was not matching to Naples
Based on my experience you should match for November or December 2019 if you want to because there is enough lead time. I also think something would have matched for November or December this year. If you request now for January February 2020 you should get it too.

Last edited:

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
How much was the winter week at Vanderbilt

Teresa

TUG Member
Reaction score
I hope you have a back up plan in place. I had two exchange requests per year going with II for over 11 months for either coast in Florida two years in a row. Nothing. The weeks expired with nothing to show for it. They were Daytona Beach 2 bdrm, 2 bath units on the beach. I lost the weeks I had banked (but they offered to extend for their regular rates). Perhaps my banked weeks weren't strong enough to grab something. I hope you have better luck!

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Every time I hear mention of Florida Gulf Coast and the word ''exchange" -- I think "Good Luck". When we lived in Naples FL about ten years ago, I often searched for Gulf timeshares and they were few and far between.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I hope you have a back up plan in place. I had two exchange requests per year going with II for over 11 months for either coast in Florida two years in a row. Nothing. The weeks expired with nothing to show for it. They were Daytona Beach 2 bdrm, 2 bath units on the beach. I lost the weeks I had banked (but they offered to extend for their regular rates). Perhaps my banked weeks weren't strong enough to grab something. I hope you have better luck!
That’s why I decided to just purchase the getaway and I’ve now changed my OGS to 2020 for a wider area of FL. I had a narrow search of just Naples because I wanted to visit my aunt and take the family. Thanks for sharing your experience

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well not worth the 25 tpus and exchange fee

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you haven’t deposited your week in II, you could put an add in Marketplace for an exchange. We have had some successful exchanges thru TUG.
Silentg
I already deposited my SDO in II

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well not worth the 25 tpus and exchange fee
So do you think that was a good price for the week. I had called the resort directly and they quoted me $1,700 for the week

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Every time I hear mention of Florida Gulf Coast and the word ''exchange" -- I think "Good Luck". When we lived in Naples FL about ten years ago, I often searched for Gulf timeshares and they were few and far between.
I have had good luck each year. For 2019 I matched for a winter week in Captiva, 2018 Key West, 2017 Sanibel and 2016 Naples. I put my ogs in usually a year and a half prior.