• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Is Global Management Services & Co a legitimate Co?

Gandrews4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bel Air Vallarta (Krystal Grand Vallarta)
Has anyone been approached by Global Management Services & Co out of Philadelphia to sell your timeshare? They have sent me a letter of Compensation. They say they represent Groupo Hotel de Santa Fe and they want to buy my timeshare(Bel Air Vacation Club). Is this a legitimate time share sales Company?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
SCAM

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Last edited:

Gandrews4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Has anyone been approached by Global Management Services & Co out of Philadelphia to sell your timeshare? They have sent me a letter of Compensation. They say they represent Groupo Hotel de Santa Fe and they want to buy my timeshare(Bel Air Vacation Club). Is this a legitimate time share sales Company?
Thanks for the info.

catalina_mo

Reaction score
We were also contacted and would like to know how they got the specifics of our timeshare (contract numbers and our contact information).

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
We were also contacted and would like to know how they got the specifics of our timeshare (contract numbers and our contact information).

Someone sold them the info / another scammer
or a employee who had access to your info .

FYI - once one scammer has it - THEY ALL DO - one way or another .

Gandrews4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The agent from the escrow company sent me photo copy of his license. It looks legitimate, but you never know. I have sent all the documents that they have sent to me to Grupo Hotelero Santa Fe. I hope they reply to me. I have told them that they have to go through my lawyer to complete the offer.
Willlet you know how it goes. If this is a scam, it is an elaborate one.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
it is absolutely a scam....literally trips every single red flag there is.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
So you have long time members of this reputable timeshare community saying that this, as @TUGBrian says, trips every red flag of a scam, and you are still going forward? You have someone showing you how they copied their about page from someone else and you still trust them? You have not engaged in any discussion with any members that gave you advice about this matter eventhough you came here asking for advice. You can continue all you want, but the instance they ask for money from you, you should bolt.

Just my opinion.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
The agent from the escrow company sent me photo copy of his license. It looks legitimate, but you never know. I have sent all the documents that they have sent to me to Grupo Hotelero Santa Fe. I hope they reply to me. I have told them that they have to go through my lawyer to complete the offer.
Willlet you know how it goes. If this is a scam, it is an elaborate one.

Just so you know the “escrow” company is in on the whole scam. In fact they are going to be the same scammers. The escrow website is going to be created recently too, just like Global Management. Also, it is not uncommon for scammers to steal the identity of legit real estate agents. The fact that they are so eager to send you their “license” is a red flag. What legit agent feels they need to do that? Finally, some scammers will search state records to find a dormant corporation, will pay a nominal fee and submit fraudulent documentation to illegally reopen the corporation and then use that corporation name as their own. They do this so their recently opened BBB file will show a long history. In cold calls they will point out their long history all in an effort to get their victim’s trust. However, the new website is always going to give them away.

Yes, some of these scammers will go to great lengths to steal. Although not all are, some can be very elaborate. However, the scammers will never be able to hide behind the red flags. To keep money out of the scammers pockets one needs to ignore all of the fluff and just pay attention to the red flags.

Please post the escrow company name/web address. Also, post the name of the “licensed” agent.

Last edited:

Gandrews4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So you have long time members of this reputable timeshare community saying that this, as @TUGBrian says, trips every red flag of a scam, and you are still going forward? You have someone showing you how they copied their about page from someone else and you still trust them? You have not engaged in any discussion with any members that gave you advice about this matter eventhough you came here asking for advice. You can continue all you want, but the instance they ask for money from you, you should bolt.

Just my opinion.
Thank you for your reply. I didn’t explain all the facts. They didn’t ask for any up front money. They said they represent Grupo Hotelero Santa Fe. Santa Fe was trying to obtain 51% of the Bel Air Vacation Club Vallarta. GHSF is the new owner of the property. Over the past year there have been a lot of problems between Krystal Grand (the new all inclusive hotel on the property) and the timeshare owners. The new hotel has added 420 new rooms to the older Bel Air. This has tripled the amount of guests. There is not enough room for everyone. We spent 6 weeks there in January through to March.
Experiencing what we did during that time it made common sense that maybe the Sant Fe group might want control of the timeshare portion of the resort. For a short time I thought that a purchase was possible. When I received the advice from the Tug2 members, I read the warnings again.
The reason I continued with the phone calls was to obtain as much information as I could. On August 28 I sent that information to the head office of the Santa Fe group in Mexico City and also to the Bel Air Vacation Club. I am hoping that these companies will take some action against the perpetrators of the scam. They have more clout than I do!
They did ask for a commission after I had received the money into my account. I told them on the last call that they had to contact my lawyer because I wanted it to be deposited into his trust account. He hung up as I expected. Haven’t heard from him since the 27th of August.

Reactions: RX8

Gandrews4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just so you know the “escrow” company is in on the whole scam. In fact they are going to be the same scammers. The escrow website is going to be created recently too, just like Global Management. Also, it is not uncommon for scammers to steal the identity of legit real estate agents. The fact that they are so eager to send you their “license” is a red flag. What legit agent feels they need to do that? Finally, some scammers will search state records to find a dormant corporation, will pay a nominal fee and submit fraudulent documentation to illegally reopen the corporation and then use that corporation name as their own. They do this so their recently opened BBB file will show a long history. In cold calls they will point out their long history all in an effort to get their victim’s trust. However, the new website is always going to give them away.

Yes, some of these scammers will go to great lengths to steal. Although not all are, some can be very elaborate. However, the scammers will never be able to hide behind the red flags. To keep money out of the scammers pockets one needs to ignore all of the fluff and just pay attention to the red flags.

Please post the escrow company name/web address. Also, post the name of the “licensed” agent.

Gandrews4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The company’s where Global Management Services & co of Philadelphia. www.globalmanagementservicesco.com
Escrow company was Corporativo & Logistica Juridica. www.corporativologisticajuridica.com
Agents name is “Ignacio Burgoa Llano”.
I have sent this info and copy of Compensation Letter to the Santa Fe group and the Bel Air Vacation Club.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Continuing to interact with scammers can have no upside. I would block them on your phone, set up their emails to go straight to the trash, and stop interacting with them. When you continue to interact with scammers, you get tagged as an easy mark, and you are likely to get additional scam offers in the future, because they think you are gullible.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
The company’s where Global Management Services & co of Philadelphia. www.globalmanagementservicesco.com
Escrow company was Corporativo & Logistica Juridica. www.corporativologisticajuridica.com
Agents name is “Ignacio Burgoa Llano”.
I have sent this info and copy of Compensation Letter to the Santa Fe group and the Bel Air Vacation Club.

Not surprisingly, Global Management’s and the escrow company’s websites were both created on the exact same day - May 10, 2018. Not a shred of doubt that these websites are for scamming people, and the same scammer as well.

Last edited:

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
At some point this “group” who’ll ask you to put money into this escrow company to complete the transaction.

1. Did this group offer you a lot of money, above what the market was?

2. Global Management Services in Philadelphia is not in the BBB system. They list all of these services, yet under the closing tab, it’s a very long description of selling and buying timeshares. That’s it. For a company that has this wide array of services they do, why only have timeshare buying, selling and closing on your closings page? Do they not do closings for commercial or residential properties?

3. The Mexican escrow company doesn’t list in their services tab anything about escrow. Many of their links are missing. When it says “LEARN MORE ABOUT IT” it lists more services, but doesn’t link to anything.

4. Nothing comes up on a google search for your real estate agent.

It seems you have made up your mind to do what you are going to do. Good Luck. To those that stumble across this on a search, proceed with extreme caution.

Edit- I see that you have come to the conclusion they are scammers. Sorry. Don’t interact with them.

Last edited:

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

No, not legitimate. Just another upfront fee scam looking to pick your pocket. The End.

Gandrews4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
No, not legitimate. Just another upfront fee scam looking to pick your pocket. The End.
I have had a reply back from the Santa Fe Group. They said that it is a SCAM. They also were very pleased to receive the info that I had sent to them. They have now started appropriate legal steps to stop further fraudulent scamming.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
I have had a reply back from the Santa Fe Group. They said that it is a SCAM. They also were very pleased to receive the info that I had sent to them. They have now started appropriate legal steps to stop further fraudulent scamming.

Unfortunately, the resort talks a good game but they will have little luck stopping further fraudulent scamming. This is one of the oldest scams in the timeshare world. It continues because it works and authorities in the US are unable to track down those responsible because they are outside of the US. Additionally, the scammers just make up a new website/company name when the heat is too much for their current names.

Time4travel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bel Air Resorts Mexico
Marriott Palm Desert
I was contacted by phone call from Global Management Services Co and sent a compensation letter to purchase my Bel Air Timeshare in Mexico. While I was skeptical but also happy to think about it, I am so glad I found this discussion group and information. What a lot of work for a SCAM ! Thank you for this site and information.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
I was contacted by phone call from Global Management Services Co and sent a compensation letter to purchase my Bel Air Timeshare in Mexico. While I was skeptical but also happy to think about it, I am so glad I found this discussion group and information. What a lot of work for a SCAM ! Thank you for this site and information.

So happy you were skeptical enough to do some research. So many get blinded by the money being offered that they let their guard down and end up a victim to the scam.

J.L.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bellair Resorts
I just discovered this resource. I certainly wish I had discovered it earlier. I was totally scammed. I am a smart guy with legal education and still was taken in. I only did this thorough research when confronted with a THIRD request to wire money to Mexico. It all now makes sense as a scam and I am totally frustrated and embarrassed by it. What is the best advise on any thing I can do to recover what I wired. I am doubtful it will do any good at this point, but would appreciate any advise or experience others might have had.