• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

II can I [retrade 3 days before check-in?]

Venter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Club Son Antem, Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve, Marriott Vacation Club @ Los Suenos, MVC points, Sheraton Lakeside Terrace, Sheraton Flex, Westin Flex, Aventuras
I have a Marriott corporate account(MVC).
I exchanged a week but cannot now use it. It starts in three days.
I see that I can retrade up to a month out. Can I do this indefinitely till I find something I can use?
Thanks for everybody's expert help.

Last edited by a moderator:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
You are limited to retrades inside of 30 days it seems. So you can do that, but can only retrade out 30 days from the current date. You can do that as many times as you need to for no additional retrade fee as long as you don't upgrade in unit size and trade only in to other Marriotts.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
You are also limited by the expiration date of the original deposit. Unlike eplus that can extend that expiration date but limits you to one year from the first exchange date and 3 retrades, Marriott's free retrades do not extend the original expiration date.

Venter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Club Son Antem, Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve, Marriott Vacation Club @ Los Suenos, MVC points, Sheraton Lakeside Terrace, Sheraton Flex, Westin Flex, Aventuras
So, I went ahead booked a month out and then got the option to buy E-Plus which, I did.
If I want to book further than the allowed 60 days. Will it work to book 60 days out and then be able to see what is available further out?
To clarify, I can only see till 18 Nov at the moment. So if I book that week will I then be able to dates through till January 18?

Thanks in advance.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
So, I went ahead booked a month out and then got the option to buy E-Plus which, I did.
If I want to book further than the allowed 60 days. Will it work to book 60 days out and then be able to see what is available further out?
To clarify, I can only see till 18 Nov at the moment. So if I book that week will I then be able to dates through till January 18?

Thanks in advance.
No, you won't be able to see Jan 18 inventory even if you retrade now. You will have to wait until Nov to see Jan inventory.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
No, you won't be able to see Jan 18 inventory even if you retrade now. You will have to wait until Nov to see Jan inventory.
Are you sure? I thought with EPlus, you could see 60 days beyond your checkin date with each subsequent retrade?

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Are you sure? I thought with EPlus, you could see 60 days beyond your checkin date with each subsequent retrade?
If OP is limited to trade within 60 days, he should not be able to see 120 days if he retrades for 60 days out right NOW. With each day passes, OP should be able to see an additional day and so on and so forth. I have done it before and based on my memory that is how it works. I am quite sure but since you question me, I question myself.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
If OP is limited to trade within 60 days, he should not be able to see 120 days if he retrades for 60 days out right NOW. With each day passes, OP should be able to see an additional day and so on and so forth. I have done it before and based on my memory that is how it works. I am quite sure but since you question me, I question myself.
Were you using EPlus or just regular retrade? We need @Saintsfanfl here as I know he is all over this.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Were you using EPlus or just regular retrade? We need @Saintsfanfl here as I know he is all over this.
I looked at my II history, I found one exchange with 3 ePlus retrades done, all within a short time period, and another one with a restricted replacement certificate. I don't know if I am confusing one for the other. :( Now I don't know.

Venter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I did a regular retrade and then had the option to buy E-Plus. The next trade will be my first E-Plus trade.

Venter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I looked at my II history, I found one exchange with 3 ePlus retrades done, all within a short time period, and another one with a restricted replacement certificate. I don't know if I am confusing one for the other. :( Now I don't know.

I'll do the retrade and report back.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
I have a current week that we will now actually use, after trading it 14 times. The original trade had to be cancelled last minute, and I was limited to 30 days. I just kept rolling it, till we found a week that works. I messed up at one point and got inside 30 days. But, by trading at the limits (where a week overlaps the 30 day mark), I then traded outside of 30 days and it reverted back to a 60 day trade window.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I have a current week that we will now actually use, after trading it 14 times. The original trade had to be cancelled last minute, and I was limited to 30 days. I just kept rolling it, till we found a week that works. I messed up at one point and got inside 30 days. But, by trading at the limits (where a week overlaps the 30 day mark), I then traded outside of 30 days and it reverted back to a 60 day trade window.
Straight retrades work a little different than EPlus. Retrades only look forward 30/60 days from the search date, where I believe EPlus looks forward 30/60 days from checkin date. Good tip on how to get from a 30 day restriction to 60. Wonder if there is a way to make it work to get an unrestricted retrade? It won't work with a 60/30 day restricted deposit, but should work if the initial deposit was unrestricted?

Venter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

I would have tried the same but because advice further up the tread was that you cannot trade past your original week check in I chose E-Plus as I would have been outside my check-in period.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
I would have tried the same but because advice further up the tread was that you cannot trade past your original week check in I chose E-Plus as I would have been outside my check-in period.
I don't understand this. The week I used for deposit had a check in date of November 2016. The week we (ultimately) traded into checks in October 2018.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
This is only true for non EPlus retrades. WIth EPlus, you can retrade for a week that is up to one year past your check in date, regardless of your original deposit expiration.

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
You had to pay an exchange fee each time, correct? 14 times would really add up! :eek:

Venter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
OK. I booked at MVF November 18 - 25 as this is the farthest date out I could find with a two bedroom in a Marriott.
I can now see dates up to January 16.

Does anybody know if I would have to pay to go to another resort other than Marriott and if I then go back to a Marriott would I have to pay again?

Last edited:

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
OK. I booked at MVF November 16 - 23 as this is the farthest date out I could find with a two bedroom in a Marriott.
I can now see dates up to January 16.

Does anybody know if I would have to pay to go to another resort other than Marriott and if I then go back to a Marriott would I have to pay again?

Thanks for reporting back!

No need to pay again, EPlus lets you get around the higher fees that non-Marriott exchanges require.

gnipgnop

TUG Member
Reaction score
I hope this question doesn't sound too stupid but I never used retrades or EPlus before and I am really confused. A search that I had was confirmed two days ago for a Sept. date in 2019. I do not want to use this resort in September, 2019. My search was from August through October, so it is totally my fault that I got this September month. Tug members cautioned me about Sept. in Florida ~ red tide and hurricanes so now I would like to change the month. Now here's the stupid question: Can I change the dates using retrades or EPlus going backward rather than forward?? In other words can I request my month to be April, May, June, August 2019? Hope I'm making my point clearly. Any questions or help from my Tug friends would be appreciated.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
To avoid confusion, the OP has a corporate account with (mostly) free trades. For others posting please clarify if you are using a corporate (DC) account, and if trading outside Marriott. It makes a significant difference in the answers to your questions.

gnipgnop

TUG Member
Reaction score
I do not have a corporate account and trading outside Marriott.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I hope this question doesn't sound too stupid but I never used retrades or EPlus before and I am really confused. A search that I had was confirmed two days ago for a Sept. date in 2019. I do not want to use this resort in September, 2019. My search was from August through October, so it is totally my fault that I got this September month. Tug members cautioned me about Sept. in Florida ~ red tide and hurricanes so now I would like to change the month. Now here's the stupid question: Can I change the dates using retrades or EPlus going backward rather than forward?? In other words can I request my month to be April, May, June, August 2019? Hope I'm making my point clearly. Any questions or help from my Tug friends would be appreciated.
It has been 2 days and you no longer can do OGS. Add EPlus (first 5 days after initially math) to it now and then you can search for any available inventory on line. Time is running out to add EPlus...