• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New DVC Not So Scary Halloween Party Perk - Entry at 2:00 pm

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club, Marriott & Wyndham pts
New for 2018 - DVC members and their guests can enter the Magic Kingdom at 2:00 pm for the Halloween party. I saw this announcement on the Disney Vacation Club site.

Last edited:

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
New for 2018 - DVC members and their guests can enter the Magic Kingdom at 2:00 pm for the Halloween party. I saw this announcement on the Disney Vacation Club site.
It looks to be for qualified only but nice perk to get an extra 2 hours in the parks.

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It looks to be for qualified only but nice perk to get an extra 2 hours in the parks.
Yeah, I figured it was probably for qualified point owners.

We did a Moonlight Magic event back in February and it was really fun. I enjoy the member perks. Also saw where DVC is keeping the DVC lounge area at Epcot for 2019.

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
How cool! We have tickets for one of the DVC nights in Oct. Thanks for posting this! Yippie!

famy27

TUG Member
Reaction score
I assume this means we can wear our costumes at 2? Anyone know for sure?

jlp879

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
So what would one have to do/show to have park access at 2 pm?

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So what would one have to do/show to have park access at 2 pm?
Dvc site says present your DVC Membership card and event ticket at the main entrance touch points. Good for the member and up to 7 guests in your party with event tickets (so 8 total).

smmatrix

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have tickets to Disneyland's Halloween Party. Is anyone aware if DVC members get early access to the park in Anaheim?

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We have tickets to Disneyland's Halloween Party. Is anyone aware if DVC members get early access to the park in Anaheim?
I did not see Disneyland in California mentioned.

heathpack

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
According to the DVC website, those of us in CA can enter the park at 3pm for the party which starts at 6pm. Doesn’t sound like this is anything new, it’s just explained in the details about the party as if that’s how it’s always been.

thebreards

TUG Member
Reaction score
anyone know if this is true for Christmas Party also? I think those extra hours are 7:00 - midnight most nights and it would be AWESOME to get in early.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Anyone DVC owner going to the MNSSHP on 10/21 and willing to help a friendly Tugger get in to the party early? :)

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Anyone DVC owner going to the MNSSHP on 10/21 and willing to help a friendly Tugger get in to the party early? :)

Dang will miss you by 2 days. I would love to help a friendly tugger out but we are leaving orlando sunday morning for our cruise. Will be back Oct 28 and 29 if I can help you then.

Last edited:

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hoping they will offer this for the Christmas party too

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
The halloween was so expensive this year. It was outrageous at $100 per person, even with our DVC discount. We already have annual passes, so we decided it was a total waste of money. It used to be about $50, but the increase even kept our kids away, and they aren't nearly as cheap as we are.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We paid $65 in September

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
It was about $105 for the Halloween party for us this year. I agree, the price really is no longer worth the experience. The parade was a bit of a letdown for us. The last time we went, back in 2009 or before, it was great. This time it was wall to wall people trying to get from our spot on the parade route to the fireworks.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Disney sure knows how to make a buck, that's for sure.

We are going to Disney World one week after Thanksgiving. We have no intention of attending the Christmas party, either. Our little Bella woudn't care one bit about it at 19 months.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We paid $65 in September
The regular price for the night we chose (Monday after Labor day) was $75. We got a $5 discount for early booking and an additional $5 discount for being DVC member. And we got in at 2 pm. Worth it in that situation, not at $100 or more. And it wasn't that crowded, we got to do more in the time we were there than most full days when we go.