• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grandview points

Jimrow

Reaction score
hi, I am thinking of buying a Grandview timeshare. It is every second year and 49,000 points for $100 plus closing cost. The ad also says week 37. Is this for RCI deposit and can you get much with 49,000 points.Thanks

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is a 1 bedroom and the MF are around $360 per use year. Bang for the buck is not bad, but if you find one a couple weeks earlier it confers 61,000 for the same MF. That week would cost more upfront.

I don't use RCI points, but I know some people who stretch them very far booking "last minute" availability. I put that in quotes because I don't know what time frame constitutes last minute. I've seen people claim a week at Grandview for 7,000 points, for example. I think that is the exception rather than the rule.

In summation, you could do better, but you could do much worse.

Jimrow

Reaction score
Seller said MF is $183 every year plus RCI cost I thought this Might be good deal. I like going 3rd week of Sept. was wondering if 49,000 points can get me that week.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, 183*2=366

You pay every year for use every two, thus $360 per use year.

I believe 3d week in September is in the higher points band, so you would have a hard time getting it with 49K points.

Yes, I told you backward originally. If you find a week starting with the next week after your, with Week 38, it is higher points, not the weeks before yours. So yeah, GV points for Week 38 cost more than you get for Week 37.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
If you are interested in staying at Grandview at Las Vegas you can usually find stays there on the last minute deals, 3-4 weeks ahead of time, and also on the sale weeks that require no points. Grandview has 8 buildings with 2256 units so it is pretty easy to find reduced point and sale weeks there.

Jimrow

Reaction score
If you are interested in staying at Grandview at Las Vegas you can usually find stays there on the last minute deals, 3-4 weeks ahead of time, and also on the sale weeks that require no points. Grandview has 8 buildings with 2256 units so it is pretty easy to find reduced point and sale weeks there.
Thanks for the replies. It looks like I would need more points to pick up a different week.

DView818

Reaction score
I have 49K points through Grandview and I've stayed multiple times for deeply discounted points (just stayed 2 weekends ago, 3 night for about 4K points). They usually always have availability (even if not listed online, you can call and they may have inventory, happened to me). It's not uncommon for a week to go for 4,900 points if within 30 days. They also randomly slash points in half, even for units that are months out. Plus through RCI they have sales quite often were you gan buy a week at the Grandview for close to the exchange fee price without using any points.
I think this is the start of my 3rd year of owning and I've been able to stay at quite a few places on 49K points. I've been on 3 vacations since December and am still using last year's points.

Jimrow

Reaction score
Thanks for the update on what can be done with 49,000 points. Thanks

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
If I were buying a GV contract I would make sure it was every year! Why? Because the bang for the buck for other timeshare exchanges is significant. With 65,000 points you can snaga Disney Vacation Club week and many times for even fewer points than that.

I go to the Grandview several times a year. I would never go there on an exchange when I can get deals on Last Minute exchanges or RCI offers for $249 for a two bedroom during Spring Break. In fact, I'm heading there March 18-25 for the price I noted above. Much cheaper than using an exchange. No fees. Just get the week for a tiny fraction of my maintenance fees

Jimrow

Reaction score
If I were buying a GV contract I would make sure it was every year! Why? Because the bang for the buck for other timeshare exchanges is significant. With 65,000 points you can snaga Disney Vacation Club week and many times for even fewer points than that.

I go to the Grandview several times a year. I would never go there on an exchange when I can get deals on Last Minute exchanges or RCI offers for $249 for a two bedroom during Spring Break. In fact, I'm heading there March 18-25 for the price I noted above. Much cheaper than using an exchange. No fees. Just get the week for a tiny fraction of my maintenance fees
Hi, thanks for replying. Just wondering the week you paid $249 for , is it$249 plus extra charges? Thanks

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Plus tax. There is a $25 per week not per person amenities fee you pay at check in. i would never use my points to actually book at week at Grandview Las Vegas as they are so frequently in the sale weeks for $199-$299 plus tax. The price depends on the size of the unit.

For the money I like those 98,000 point weeks at Grandview. We have two of them and I paid about $1250 for one of them and $1900 for the other but that one came with two years points. I have even seen them go for less than what I paid. The prices I paid includes all the closing costs whether they were included in the listing price or added to the final price but didn't include the $224 for first time RCI members or $99 if you are already in RCI. One in a great while I see the seller offering to pay that fee but very rarely. The maintenance fees on my weeks for 2017 are $765. Grandview has 122,000 point weeks for the same maintenance fees but I haven't seen any of them go for less than $2700 and usually they go for over $3000.

Many of the Wyndham and Hilton Grand Vacation Club timeshare resorts have units in the RCI system so you have an amazing amount of choices. We go to the resorts in Florida mostly because we live in Florida and my husband's territory for his job is all of Southern Florida. When he has a couple of days work in the same area and I can find a week through RCI, I go along and we stay at a resort. I got a lot of the stays below for reduced points because we usually go more last minute, like under 5 weeks out, but it is a good idea to have enough points to be able to do whatever you want. You might even find yourself purchasing a second week like we did!

I get a lot of bang for my buck with our points as you can see from this list. These are the resorts that we stayed at in 2014, 2015 and 2016 and as you can see we did get some holiday weeks.

Resort at Cocoa Beach in Florida Memorial Day Week 2014, Martin Luther King week 2015 2 bedroom

Discovery Beach Club on Cocoa Beach in March? 2016 2 bedroom

Las Olas Beach Club of Cocoa Beach Presidents Day 2014 One of the big rockets was launched that week at Kennedy Space Center. Nice resort but we didn't get the oceanview unit we should have had. 2 bedroom

Gulf Point Intervals in Naples, Florida on Vanderbilt Beach Martin Luther King week 2013 and 2014 1 bedroom and 2 sleeper sofas, 1 in a semi private alcove

Vanderbilt Beach Club in Naples in 2015 2 bedroom

Plantation House of South Seas Resort on Captiva Island, Florida the week of Christmas 2014 and March 2016 HGVC resort 2 bedroom

Sanibel Beach Club on Sanibel Island, Florida 2014 Labor Day week 2 bedroom

Caribe Beach Resort on Sanibel in 2014, 2015, and twice in 2016 deluxe studio 2 bedroom house

Casa Ybel on Sanibel Island in 2016 HGVC resort 2 bedroom

Plantation Beach Club of Indian River in Stuart, Florida in 2015 and 2 weeks in May 2016 HGVC resort 2 bedroom

The Anchorage in Key Largo, Florida in April 2015? There are only one bedroom units at this resort.

Sarasota Sands in Sarasota, Florida 4th of July week 2014 1 bedroom with 2 sofas/comfortable twin beds

Sunisands at Ocean Sands by Exploria in New Smyrna Beach, Florida Easter week 2015 2 bedroom

Ocean Palms Resort at Port Royal on Hilton Head Island, SC in 2014 and 2016 The beach access is at the Weston Spa and Resort; just WOW! 2 bedroom

Disney's Animal Kingdom Kidani Village savanna view March 2014 and Saratoga Springs April 2015 1 bedroom villa

Disney's Vero Beach in February 2014 1 bedroom

Charter Beach Club of Marco Island, FL in October 2016 HGVC resort 2 bedroom

Ventura at Boca Raton, FL in September 2016 Across the street from the beach but a gem! 3 bedroom

Casa Blanca in Panama City Beach, FL 2016 Resort is nothing fancy but certainly adequate and the location iss very good. Also VERY last minute. 1 bedroom

Wyndham Star Island, Orlando in December 2016 $199 plus tax no points 1 bedroom deluxe

Vacation Village at Parkway, Orlando in late February 2017 $199 plus tax no points 1 bedroom deluxe

Smokatoke

TUG Member
Reaction score
Grandview is awesome place to stay for families and the MF to Point ratio is great for ownership. If you are patient you can find better deals that gives you that amount of points annually which you could easily find a good exchange with. Collect the points for two years and thats Hawaii and Disney territory. As someone mentioned above never use the points to stay at Grandview . There are extra vacation sales all the time where you can stay 7 nights for ~$210 cash and not use any of your points. I have owned for about 5 years in a 98K unit and get almost 4 vacations a year out of it. We live in So Cal so there are literally hundred of travel options within 4 hours drive and some go for amazingly low point values. We scored a new years week in the mountains this year and it snowed on new years eve :) , for ~40K points. Done a Thanksgiving week in Palm Springs for less than 30K and it was a 2 bedroom.

Smokatoke

TUG Member
Reaction score
Plus tax. There is a $25 per week not per person amenities fee you pay at check in. i would never use my points to actually book at week at Grandview Las Vegas as they are so frequently in the sale weeks for $199-$299 plus tax. The price depends on the size of the unit.

For the money I like those 98,000 point weeks at Grandview. We have two of them and I paid about $1250 for one of them and $1900 for the other but that one came with two years points. I have even seen them go for less than what I paid. The prices I paid includes all the closing costs whether they were included in the listing price or added to the final price but didn't include the $224 for first time RCI members or $99 if you are already in RCI. One in a great while I see the seller offering to pay that fee but very rarely. The maintenance fees on my weeks for 2017 are $765. Grandview has 122,000 point weeks for the same maintenance fees but I haven't seen any of them go for less than $2700 and usually they go for over $3000.

Many of the Wyndham and Hilton Grand Vacation Club timeshare resorts have units in the RCI system so you have an amazing amount of choices. We go to the resorts in Florida mostly because we live in Florida and my husband's territory for his job is all of Southern Florida. When he has a couple of days work in the same area and I can find a week through RCI, I go along and we stay at a resort. I got a lot of the stays below for reduced points because we usually go more last minute, like under 5 weeks out, but it is a good idea to have enough points to be able to do whatever you want. You might even find yourself purchasing a second week like we did!

I get a lot of bang for my buck with our points as you can see from this list. These are the resorts that we stayed at in 2014, 2015 and 2016 and as you can see we did get some holiday weeks.

Resort at Cocoa Beach in Florida Memorial Day Week 2014, Martin Luther King week 2015 2 bedroom

Las Olas Beach Club of Cocoa Beach Presidents Day 2014 One of the big rockets was launched that week at Kennedy Space Center. Nice resort but we didn't get the oceanview unit we should have had. 2 bedroom

Gulf Point Intervals in Naples, Florida on Vanderbilt Beach Martin Luther King week 2013 and 2014 1 bedroom and 2 sleeper sofas, 1 in a semi private alcove

Plantation House of South Seas Resort on Captiva Island, Florida the week of Christmas 2014 and March 2016 HGVC resort 2 bedroom

Caribe Beach Resort on Sanibel in 2014, 2015, and twice in 2016 deluxe studio 2 bedroom house

Plantation Beach Club of Indian River in Stuart, Florida in 2015 and 2 weeks in May 2016 HGVC resort 2 bedroom

The Anchorage in Key Largo, Florida in April 2015? There are only one bedroom units at this resort.

Sarasota Sands in Sarasota, Florida 4th of July week 2014 1 bedroom with 2 sofas/comfortable twin beds

Sunisands at Ocean Sands by Exploria in New Smyrna Beach, Florida Easter week 2015 2 bedroom

Ocean Palms Resort at Port Royal on Hilton Head Island, SC in 2014 and 2016 The beach access is at the Weston Spa and Resort; just WOW! 2 bedroom

Disney's Animal Kingdom Kidani Village savanna view March 2014 and Saratoga Springs April 2015 1 bedroom villa

Ventura at Boca Raton, FL in September 2016 Across the street from the beach but a gem! 3 bedroom

Casa Blanca in Panama City Beach, FL 2016 Resort is nothing fancy but certainly adequate and the location iss very good. Also VERY last minute. 1 bedroom

Wyndham Star Island, Orlando in December 2016 $199 plus tax no points 1 bedroom deluxe

Vacation Village at Parkway, Orlando in late February 2017 $199 plus tax no points 1 bedroom deluxe

Awesome list, when my little ones are grown my wife and I would love to pack in a lot of local-regional vacations

shells

TUG Member
Reaction score
Most have discussed the points, I have a fixed week every even year, does the same thoughts apply? Meaning never use my week on the even years to stay at Grandview but trade it into the RCI system to stay elsewhere?

thewags

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Commodore Beach Club

I just went through a presentation where the Grandview folks tried to get me to upgrade my RCI membership to Platinum, and convert my week in a Florida resort to points by purchasing a resale from them. They offered a 1br every other year (wk 19) with 49,000 points (24,500 per year) for $10,000. My Florida week is an independent resort, but supposedly worth 43,000 points annually. I liked the idea of points, as I am now retired and travel frequently, but the price was crazy. If you don't mind, where can I find deals like you mention above? And did you trust the seller, or make other arrangements to ensure validity in the resale?

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
I just went through a presentation where the Grandview folks tried to get me to upgrade my RCI membership to Platinum, and convert my week in a Florida resort to points by purchasing a resale from them. They offered a 1br every other year (wk 19) with 49,000 points (24,500 per year) for $10,000. My Florida week is an independent resort, but supposedly worth 43,000 points annually. I liked the idea of points, as I am now retired and travel frequently, but the price was crazy. If you don't mind, where can I find deals like you mention above? And did you trust the seller, or make other arrangements to ensure validity in the resale?

You can get great deals on resale deeds here on TUG both in the Bargain Deals under the Buying, Selling, Renting forum and also in the marketplace. You can also find great deals on eBay or even contact the eBay sellers yourself to go directly through them. Many people buy from Sumday on eBay but they also have their own website that you can go directly through them. Another reseller to contact is carlp@legacyadventuresinc.com or 832-616-4928 they sell on eBay under the name of timesharediscounts. I've bought from them and really made out on their buy one get one free deal.

Most likely what they tried to sell you at Grandview was buying through them to get Vacation Village Plus. We went to a presentation this Spring so I could find out more about VVP. The only benefits their plan gives you over paying to be platinum with RCI are temporary and certainly not worth paying thousands of dollars to get. And some of the platinum benefits we used you don't get with VVP. Honestly for the money paying extra to be RCI platinum once you own something that gives you an RCI points account, not a weeks account, is far cheaper and very worth the money. As you are retired you can get the great discounted points weeks that are available in the last 1-5 weeks before the check in date and with the platinum benefits they are even eligible to be upgraded to a larger unit or a different resort within 14 days of check in. I like the free holds platinum gives us because when I find something I think we might want I can put it on hold until midnight of the next day giving my husband and I time to talk to see if we want the reservation. You can't hold reservations that are within 14 days of check in so have to book them but you can still cancel even them by midnight of the following day.

The maintenance fees at Grandview Las Vegas are some of the best based on the number of points you get as long as you buy the two higher point weeks in either unit size. The one bedroom weeks are 61k, 49k, 40k and 30.5k points. The two bedroom weeks are 122k, 98k, 80k and 61k points. You pay the same maintenance fees based on the unit size regardless of how many points your week gets. The maintenance fees for a two bedroom were $803 for 2018 and a one bedroom would be half of that. Once in a great while you will find a deal on the 122k point weeks but not often. The 98k point weeks usually sell for enough less that is it hard to justify paying so much more for the 122k point weeks. Same thing with the two higher one bedroom point weeks.

However because there is so much available through the sale and last call weeks and the discounted point weeks you could start out with a biannual or triennial point week which would give you extremely low maintenance fees. If you find you need more points you could easily pick up another deed. You can usually find biannual and triennial 49k one bedroom weeks being given away or cheap and sometimes the sellers even pay the closing costs and/or transfer fee too. Many people like to own a bi or tri as you can borrow or rent points and it gives you access to the sale weeks, last call weeks and extra vacations which don't use any points. Also an owner in the the Vacation Village group of resorts you get a week within 45 days of check in at a number of resorts in their family and you only pay whatever the fee is, usually around $239-$269, and you don't use any points. Like the last call weeks but usually there is more inventory available at their resorts in the free week than in the last call weeks.

Another resort people often buy cheap or find someone giving away is Vacation Village at Parkway in Orlando. The maintenance fees are a little higher but this is another resort in the Vacation Village family that can give you a lot of points and bang for the buck.

RCI® Points Fees United States effective July 1, 2018
The following information details the various fees that are associated with your membership benefits.

Usually on an annual basis, you will also pay a maintenance fee, which is used toward the operation and upkeep of the resort at which you own. This is not a fee which is collected by RCI - you pay your resort directly.

Annual RCI Points® Subscription Fees USD
1 YR $124
2 YRS $229
3 YRS $321
4 YRS $409
5 YRS $499
Annual RCI Points Platinum Fees Total Cost (USD) Price Per
Year (USD)

RCI Points Platinum® 1 Yr $89
RCI Points Platinum® 2 Yrs $155 $77.50
RCI Points Platinum® 3 Yrs $221 $73.67
RCI Points Platinum® 4 Yrs $279 $69.75
RCI Points Platinum® 5 Yrs $322 $64.40
Exchange Vacations USD (Call Center/RCI.com)
Home Week Reservation (7 nights) No Charge
Home Resort Reservation (7 nights) $50
RCI Points Reservation 14 nights + $288
RCI Points Reservation: 7-13 nights $209
RCI Points Reservation 6 nights $199
RCI Points Reservation: 5 nights $179
RCI Points Reservation 4 nights $139
RCI Points Reservation: 3 nights $109
RCI Points Reservation 2 nights $79
RCI Points Reservation: 1 night $59
RCI Weeks Reservation (7 nights) $239
Managing Your Points USD
Points Saving Fee $26
Points Extension -
Less than or Equal to 30,000 Points $85
Points Extension -
30,001 Points or more $125
Points Extension Fee - WVO
Flat rate $109
Points Rental Fee (Per Point) $0.03
Points for Deposit Fee $49
RCI Points Protection
Purchased 30 days or less from the date of vacation confirmation AND 15 days or more before check-in date
USD
1-2 nights $39
3-4 nights $49
5+ nights $59
Purchased 31 days or more from the date of vacation confirmation OR 14 days or less from check-in date USD
1-2 nights $79
3-4 nights $89
5+ nights $99
Miscellaneous Fees
USD
Guest Certificates $84
Membership Transfer Application (MTA) $98
Duplicate Points Directory (S&H) $6.95

RCI fees are subject to change at RCI's sole discretion. For complete details of RCI subscribing membership, including RCI's cancellation policy, please consult the Terms and Conditions of RCI Points® Subscribing Membership.

RCI Platinum® membership offers a wide range of benefits to help enhance your vacation ownership by providing you with benefits that you can enjoy on vacation and at home.

Exclusive Sales & Savings

• Save 10% on Extra Vacations℠ getaways and Last Call℠ vacations, even those already on sale.
    • Get a 25% discount on Guest Certificates so you can share with family or friends and save!
    • Free Ongoing Search, so we can help you find your ideal vacation and you won’t be charged the Exchange Fee until we find a match.
    • Free On-Hold Vacations, so you can iron out those last-minute details without a fee for 24 hours.
    • Earn Savings Dollars on many RCI transactions you already do (like paying RCI® exchange fees or renewing your RCI subscribing membership). Savings Dollars can then be redeemed as a form of partial payment toward the purchase of products and services.
Priority Privileges

• Priority Access to select Exchange vacations before they’re made available to standard RCI members for exchange.
    • Platinum Previews of Extra Vacations℠ getaway sales one day before standard RCI® subscribing members.
    • Get Priority Answer on a dedicated toll-free number for quick access to our knowledgeable RCI Platinum guides.
    • Experience the convenience of Travel Concierge and personal assistance coordinators available 24/7 to respond to virtually any request — large or small.
    • Enjoy 24/7 Emergency Travel Assistance which provides a dedicated around-the-clock travel counselor just a phone call away to solve last-minute travel problems.
Upgrades & Extras

• Complimentary Unit Upgrades & Resort Changes on confirmed Exchange vacations when available, so you have the opportunity to receive a larger unit at your confirmed resort, or a unit at another resort in the same geographic region as your confirmed Exchange vacation.

jbiza

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
First, Jan M. just dropped some serious nuggets of knowledge on some Grandview options for you & breaking down the differences between RCI Platinum & Vacation Village Plus as they relate to Grandview. That´s good info. :thumbup:

To the OP, a couple of real time examples to show what was shared in that info & to answer 1 of your questions is that on RCI right now, one can purchase a 1BR week for the 3rd week of September for $244. (all in + the $25. resort fee that was mentioned & no points.); or, one could use 4700 points (lot less than 49,000 points, :eek: ) & pay the RCI exchange fee to get the 3rd week of September.

Pretty cool. :cool:

Last edited:

thewags

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Commodore Beach Club
You can get great deals on resale deeds here on TUG both in the Bargain Deals under the Buying, Selling, Renting forum and also in the marketplace. You can also find great deals on eBay or even contact the eBay sellers yourself to go directly through them. Many people buy from Sumday on eBay but they also have their own website that you can go directly through them. Another reseller to contact is carlp@legacyadventuresinc.com or 832-616-4928 they sell on eBay under the name of timesharediscounts. I've bought from them and really made out on their buy one get one free deal.

Most likely what they tried to sell you at Grandview was buying through them to get Vacation Village Plus. We went to a presentation this Spring so I could find out more about VVP. The only benefits their plan gives you over paying to be platinum with RCI are temporary and certainly not worth paying thousands of dollars to get. And some of the platinum benefits we used you don't get with VVP. Honestly for the money paying extra to be RCI platinum once you own something that gives you an RCI points account, not a weeks account, is far cheaper and very worth the money. As you are retired you can get the great discounted points weeks that are available in the last 1-5 weeks before the check in date and with the platinum benefits they are even eligible to be upgraded to a larger unit or a different resort within 14 days of check in. I like the free holds platinum gives us because when I find something I think we might want I can put it on hold until midnight of the next day giving my husband and I time to talk to see if we want the reservation. You can't hold reservations that are within 14 days of check in so have to book them but you can still cancel even them by midnight of the following day.

The maintenance fees at Grandview Las Vegas are some of the best based on the number of points you get as long as you buy the two higher point weeks in either unit size. The one bedroom weeks are 61k, 49k, 40k and 30.5k points. The two bedroom weeks are 122k, 98k, 80k and 61k points. You pay the same maintenance fees based on the unit size regardless of how many points your week gets. The maintenance fees for a two bedroom were $803 for 2018 and a one bedroom would be half of that. Once in a great while you will find a deal on the 122k point weeks but not often. The 98k point weeks usually sell for enough less that is it hard to justify paying so much more for the 122k point weeks. Same thing with the two higher one bedroom point weeks.

However because there is so much available through the sale and last call weeks and the discounted point weeks you could start out with a biannual or triennial point week which would give you extremely low maintenance fees. If you find you need more points you could easily pick up another deed. You can usually find biannual and triennial 49k one bedroom weeks being given away or cheap and sometimes the sellers even pay the closing costs and/or transfer fee too. Many people like to own a bi or tri as you can borrow or rent points and it gives you access to the sale weeks, last call weeks and extra vacations which don't use any points. Also an owner in the the Vacation Village group of resorts you get a week within 45 days of check in at a number of resorts in their family and you only pay whatever the fee is, usually around $239-$269, and you don't use any points. Like the last call weeks but usually there is more inventory available at their resorts in the free week than in the last call weeks.

Another resort people often buy cheap or find someone giving away is Vacation Village at Parkway in Orlando. The maintenance fees are a little higher but this is another resort in the Vacation Village family that can give you a lot of points and bang for the buck.

The following information details the various fees that are associated with your membership benefits.

Usually on an annual basis, you will also pay a maintenance fee, which is used toward the operation and upkeep of the resort at which you own. This is not a fee which is collected by RCI - you pay your resort directly.

1 YR $124
2 YRS $229
3 YRS $321
4 YRS $409
5 YRS $499
Year (USD)

Managing Your Points USD
Points Saving Fee $26
Points Extension -
Points Extension -
Flat rate $109
RCI Points Protection
Purchased 30 days or less from the date of vacation confirmation AND 15 days or more before check-in date
USD
1-2 nights $39
3-4 nights $49
5+ nights $59
Purchased 31 days or more from the date of vacation confirmation OR 14 days or less from check-in date USD
1-2 nights $79
3-4 nights $89
5+ nights $99
Miscellaneous Fees
USD
Guest Certificates $84

RCI fees are subject to change at RCI's sole discretion. For complete details of RCI subscribing membership, including RCI's cancellation policy, please consult the Terms and Conditions of RCI Points® Subscribing Membership.

RCI Platinum® membership offers a wide range of benefits to help enhance your vacation ownership by providing you with benefits that you can enjoy on vacation and at home.

• Save 10% on Extra Vacations℠ getaways and Last Call℠ vacations, even those already on sale.
    • Get a 25% discount on Guest Certificates so you can share with family or friends and save!
    • Free Ongoing Search, so we can help you find your ideal vacation and you won’t be charged the Exchange Fee until we find a match.
    • Free On-Hold Vacations, so you can iron out those last-minute details without a fee for 24 hours.
    • Earn Savings Dollars on many RCI transactions you already do (like paying RCI® exchange fees or renewing your RCI subscribing membership). Savings Dollars can then be redeemed as a form of partial payment toward the purchase of products and services.
Priority Privileges

• Priority Access to select Exchange vacations before they’re made available to standard RCI members for exchange.
    • Platinum Previews of Extra Vacations℠ getaway sales one day before standard RCI® subscribing members.
    • Get Priority Answer on a dedicated toll-free number for quick access to our knowledgeable RCI Platinum guides.
    • Experience the convenience of Travel Concierge and personal assistance coordinators available 24/7 to respond to virtually any request — large or small.
    • Enjoy 24/7 Emergency Travel Assistance which provides a dedicated around-the-clock travel counselor just a phone call away to solve last-minute travel problems.
Upgrades & Extras

• Complimentary Unit Upgrades & Resort Changes on confirmed Exchange vacations when available, so you have the opportunity to receive a larger unit at your confirmed resort, or a unit at another resort in the same geographic region as your confirmed Exchange vacation.
Thank you so much for such thorough and detailed info. I have to grab a coffee and try to absorb it all. I am currently looking at a 1BR deeded annual week in Grandview worth 61,000 points for $400, open to offers. Best deal I see right now. MF is only $400, which is also good.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard

thewags

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Commodore Beach Club

1 YR $124
2 YRS $229
3 YRS $321
4 YRS $409
5 YRS $499
Year (USD)

Managing Your Points USD
Points Saving Fee $26
Points Extension -
Points Extension -
Flat rate $109
RCI Points Protection
USD
1-2 nights $39
3-4 nights $49
5+ nights $59
1-2 nights $79
3-4 nights $89
5+ nights $99
Miscellaneous Fees
USD
Guest Certificates $84

Priority Privileges

Upgrades & Extras

Jan, you are wonderful to help with this stuff. I will press my luck and ask advice on a potential purchase. I see a 1BR annual 61,000 pt deeded week 42 at GrandView for $400. I'm told by the broker that the closing costs are typically paid by the buyer and range from $500-800, depending if title insurance is desired. For only a $400 investment, is title insurance worth getting? I know there will be a transfer fee. Is that the $98 you mention above? Plus other minor fees that should be under $100 total. Am I missing anything? I know there is some potential for negotiation. I have not yet contacted the buyer. Any thoughts or advice? I personally prefer the 1BR vs 2BR because of the lower MF. I already have a FL week that is strictly weeks.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Jan, you are wonderful to help with this stuff. I will press my luck and ask advice on a potential purchase. I see a 1BR annual 61,000 pt deeded week 42 at GrandView for $400. I'm told by the broker that the closing costs are typically paid by the buyer and range from $500-800, depending if title insurance is desired. For only a $400 investment, is title insurance worth getting? I know there will be a transfer fee. Is that the $98 you mention above? Plus other minor fees that should be under $100 total. Am I missing anything? I know there is some potential for negotiation. I have not yet contacted the buyer. Any thoughts or advice? I personally prefer the 1BR vs 2BR because of the lower MF. I already have a FL week that is strictly weeks.

$500 or more for closing costs is high. $500-$700 would be more reasonable if that is the total for everything except the RCI $98 or $224 fee. Btw that isn't the transfer fee. Take a look at some listings on eBay to compare the different closing costs and transfer fees. There is really no typical about who pays them. You will see seller pays them all, buyer pays them all, and the buyer pays one and the seller pays the other.

Tigger2013

TUG Member
Reaction score
For Jan that posted this statement:
Also an owner in the the Vacation Village group of resorts you get a week within 45 days of check in at a number of resorts in their family and you only pay whatever the fee is, usually around $239-$269, and you don't use any points. Like the last call weeks but usually there is more inventory available at their resorts in the free week than in the last call weeks.

What is the process to book a week within 45 days? Is it through the RCI site or the Vacation Village site?

thanks

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
For Jan that posted this statement:
Also an owner in the the Vacation Village group of resorts you get a week within 45 days of check in at a number of resorts in their family and you only pay whatever the fee is, usually around $239-$269, and you don't use any points. Like the last call weeks but usually there is more inventory available at their resorts in the free week than in the last call weeks.

What is the process to book a week within 45 days? Is it through the RCI site or the Vacation Village site?

thanks

On the RCI home page you will see a box to click on for the Vacation Village extra weeks and you can book them online. We get two of those weeks. I've noticed that how much you pay can vary. During the times RCI s having one of their best sales the fee is lower.

I was checking recently and noticed that they have added a lot more resorts than just the Vacation Village properties to what we can book with those free weeks.

Last edited:

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Thank you so much for such thorough and detailed info. I have to grab a coffee and try to absorb it all. I am currently looking at a 1BR deeded annual week in Grandview worth 61,000 points for $400, open to offers. Best deal I see right now. MF is only $400, which is also good.

I don't remember if I already gave the correct information about the maintenance fees for a 49,000 point EOY one bedroom unit but they were $200.75 for 2018. We own one of those weeks and I checked our account. An annual week one bedroom week was $401.50 and an annual two bedroom week was $803 for 2018. Haven't heard what they will be for 2019 yet.