• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

II raised exchange fee to almost $200

JoeMO

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just booked a exchange week with II a it cost $199 for the exchange. It used to be $174. When did this increase? I did not buy anything extra.

Thanks,
Joe

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
II raised their fees by $10 on 1/1/18 to $199. Earlier in 2017 (maybe August 2017) they eliminated the "discount" for booking online so brought the online booking fee to $189 to match the call in booking fee. So it was a $25 increase in exchange fee over the last year for booking online.

Someone asked the same question on II's community page and I had to look at old post to get the info. Basically I commented that although RCI fees are higher and also continue to rise, at least they usually give multi month notice on price increases to give you a chance to book at the old rates and are pretty good at publicizing the increases. II on the other had usually gives less than 2 weeks notice on their price increases and tries to slip the information in, where unless you are specifically looking for the notification you won't find it.

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
What is the exchange fee for Marriott to Marriott now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I think it was $144 for Marriott-Marriott.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Does anyone know what the exchange fee is for Vistana to Vistana?

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Does anyone know what the exchange fee is for Vistana to Vistana?

$144. I just made an exchange on July 17th.

I think I will only be exchanging my SDO with Vistana to Vistana from now on, by the time you pay the exchange fee and then Eplus, this is a heft price tag...

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think I will only be exchanging my SDO with Vistana to Vistana from now on, by the time you pay the exchange fee and then Eplus, this is a heft price tag...
You can book a Vistana exchange as far out as possible, then add Eplus to extend it for the maximum time. Then you can freely exchange using eplus into other non-Vistana properties without paying the additional fee. They main downside is that you lose the ability to use an ongoing search.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You can book a Vistana exchange as far out as possible, then add Eplus to extend it for the maximum time. Then you can freely exchange using eplus into other non-Vistana properties without paying the additional fee. They main downside is that you lose the ability to use an ongoing search.
Thank you, I did not know that...

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you, I did not know that...
Limited by the number of eplus retrades. Essentially you burn the first one, so you are left with two more.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
The thing is, ongoing searches still mostly work, and with eplus retrade, you cannot set an ongoing search. I am a bit skeptical of doing a lot of that because I sometimes want something there is no way I can get without an ongoing search.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
The thing is, ongoing searches still mostly work, and with eplus retrade, you cannot set an ongoing search. I am a bit skeptical of doing a lot of that because I sometimes want something there is no way I can get without an ongoing search.
I use to do eplus for every exchange but now I am selective. I wait to see what my ogs gives me. If it is a place I know I am very happy with I do not get eplus. Being eplus is leftovers and doesn’t bump your trade value I only use it if I am going to try for a hard to get trade last minute. I have been successful getting last minute flips as I call them to harder locations during prime weeks for places like Key West and Naples.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I use to do eplus for every exchange but now I am selective. I wait to see what my ogs gives me. If it is a place I know I am very happy with I do not get eplus. Being eplus is leftovers and doesn’t bump your trade value I only use it if I am going to try for a hard to get trade last minute. I have been successful getting last minute flips as I call them to harder locations during prime weeks for places like Key West and Naples.
I add it for cheap travel insurance and to extend my weeks because I have too many. There's only been one time when I didn't use it.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
is anyone expecting the Vistana-Mariott exchange fee to go down to $144 after the merger?

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
i expect priority Vistana-Marriott and Marriott-Vistana (same as Marriott-Marriott and Vistana-Vistana) and a slightly lower than the regular exchange fee. We will see.

Last edited:

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN-OF, SVVx3, SBP, MKO-OV, MWR
Since II raised the exchange fee, I've been very selective adding eplus. Also because with my 2 last eplus purchase, I did not really get any last minute upgrade and both times ended wiwh waste. So now my strategy is to be very selective with ogs and if the match is not exactly what I want, I throw it back. Once, I get what I want, I stick to it and not to change the plan. It worked very well in my last trip to Nanea and we are on our way to Waiohai soon. Overall, I probably saved more money since II raised the fee and I just countered with skipping eplus.

vacationtime1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
We had obtained a "perfect" exchange -- a Westin Princeville 1bd for our anniversary in November; we bought eplus anyway.

Along came a 2bd Nanea for December -- the week after we were going to be on Maui already. It saves two airfares, it saves two travel days, and it allows us to invite a guest.

We find eplus to be worth it and purchase it as a matter of course.