• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC becomes Vidanta/SW FL properties online

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
Two new HGVC updates:

1) HGVC will give Elite members blue RFID wristbands so everyone will know they are elite. They are currently setup to get you throughout the property and into your room like DVC and others.

Does anyone else see a 'Vidanta' style class system here? "Blue' bands, and only for Elite members? Maybe a special pool chair area for only the Blue bands is next?

2) SW Fl properties (and Scotland) will be available for online booking by the end of the year. That should make A LOT of owners happy. (Not so much the owners at the SW Fl resorts or their employees. Most likely a big increase in short stays.)

Last edited:

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
1) HGVC will give Elite members blue RFID wristbands so everyone will know they are elite. They are currently setup to get you throughout the property and into your room like DVC and others.

They started this at Ocean Oak (Hilton Head). They are uncomfortable (elastic band, not loose-fitting) and although they had different sizes, the largest was still very tight on me:
EliteKey.JPG

(sorry for the blurry picture, but that is the only one I had)

I am not a fan...

Kurt

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Two new HGVC updates:

Does anyone else see a 'Vidanta' style class system here? "Blue' bands, and only for Elite members? Maybe a special pool chair area for only the Blue bands is next?

2) SW Fl properties (and Scotland) will be online booking by the end of the year. That should make A LOT of owners happy. (Not so much the owners at the SW Fl resorts or their employees. Most likely a big increase in short stays.)
I am one of those SW Florida owners and I am :banana:. Long overdue!

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
They started this at Ocean Oak (Hilton Head). They are uncomfortable (elastic band, not loose-fitting) and although they had different sizes, the largest was still very tight on me:
View attachment 7757
(sorry for the blurry picture, but that is the only one I had)

I am not a fan...

Kurt
That was the best they could do for their Elite members? Shame on hgvc.

HGVC Lover

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Flamingo and HGVC Paradise
Two new HGVC updates:

We are at the Bay Club and only saw a few people wearing them in the last month. Did not even register that the person was Elite and there never seems to be any thing special about the treatment of Elites at all the resorts we stay at. But now I will know who are the people who paid a lot of money $$$$$$$$$$$$ for nothing.....:)

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
We are at the Bay Club and only saw a few people wearing them in the last month. Did not even register that the person was Elite and there never seems to be any thing special about the treatment of Elites at all the resorts we stay at. But now I will know who are the people who paid a lot of money $$$$$$$$$$$$ for nothing.....:)

What do you mean they paid "$$$$$$$$$$$ for nothing"?

They get fancy wristbands. That don't even fit well.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others."
-- George Orwell, Animal Farm

Welcome to the farm.

Jason245

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Good news on sw resorts.. wristbands for your stay at a resort? I get the use at disney, but then when I go there most of my time is spent there.. why would I want to be walking around town with that on by wrist?

The thing I missed about the old website was at least seeing open season on them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
For some reason we received them in HI. I found them convenient for going to the beach so not leaving key by beach/pool to risk getting stolen when swimmng. Also not constantly fumbling for room key. Wish we had access to them everywhere.

FWIW.. we are not elite...LoL...insert photo of fox running in middle of pack of hounds that do not notice fox...nothing to see here! :shrug:

Last edited:

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
But now I will know who are the people who paid a lot of money $$$$$$$$$$$$ for nothing.....:)
Not necessarily. There are ways of getting Elite status buying resale. I always say we became Elite accidentally -- the first week we got through Seth Nock when he was an "authorized" resale agent (that loophole is now closed), and the second week we got through the resale agent at a SW FL affiliate and we didn't even realize that it would give us Elite until the closing.

We'll take it, but it is not a huge deal as it maybe saves us a little bit on fees every year but that is about it.

Kurt

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Good news on sw resorts.. wristbands for your stay at a resort? I get the use at disney, but then when I go there most of my time is spent there.. why would I want to be walking around town with that on by wrist?
The other place I have had them was at Vidanta resorts, but they were much nicer since they were just a cloth strap that you adjusted to fit, not an elastic band. I really liked the convenience of not having to worry about how/where to store a room key when you are at the beach, swimming at the pool, etc. When we went off resort, I just slipped it off my wrist and put it in a pocket just like I would w/ a room key, so no difference there.

Kurt

JohnPaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
We are at The Residences and I've seen one person wearing the Elite version. It's an option here (I asked about it).

When we stayed at The Lodge at Peak 7 in Breckenridge it was the only type of key they had. It is handy when skiing/swimming etc.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
We are at The Residences and I've seen one person wearing the Elite version. It's an option here (I asked about it).

When we stayed at The Lodge at Peak 7 in Breckenridge it was the only type of key they had. It is handy when skiing/swimming etc.

It's great for resorts but dont see point for NYC unless they use it for lounge access. At W 57 you hardly see anyone outside the lounge.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It's great for resorts but dont see point for NYC unless they use it for lounge access. At W 57 you hardly see anyone outside the lounge.
I was thinking the same thing. I wouldn't have much use for them in places where we don't spend much time at the property like NYC or Vegas.

Kurt

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wait? When we're there there are other people staying besides us? Never would have thought so :)

But that it true, except for the lobby and lounge, just don't see people often. And, when we're walking in from outside, we're the only ones coming in more than 95% of the time.

So different from Hilton Midtown/HCNY/Residences-YNC.

Cheers.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I have heard similar comments. W57 lobby feels more like a small fractional or luxury apt with a doorman which feels private and upscale by NYC standards.

TheCryptkeeper

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at the Flamingo
West 57th St. By Hilton Club
This reminds me of Dr. Seuss' Star-bellied Sneetches.

Last edited:

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score

2) SW Fl properties (and Scotland) will be available for online booking by the end of the year. That should make A LOT of owners happy. (Not so much the owners at the SW Fl resorts or their employees. Most likely a big increase in short stays.)

I agree that this is a big step forward. I am curious if the online booking will allow short stays though. Because the weeks at the affiliated resorts are not deposited automatically in the system there may still be very limited availability which can make the short stays very inefficient for HGVC with lots of empty 2 days

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I agree that this is a big step forward. I am curious if the online booking will allow short stays though. Because the weeks at the affiliated resorts are not deposited automatically in the system there may still be very limited availability which can make the short stays very inefficient for HGVC with lots of empty 2 days
They allow short stays now, so I can't imagine why they wouldn't when they go online.

Kurt

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
They allow short stays now, so I can't imagine why they wouldn't when they go online.

Kurt
i did not know that, you are right

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
We've been promised online access to SW Florida affiliates before.
It may happen this time, but I ain't gonna hold my breath.

Availability at SW-Fla affiliates is limited becuz owners buy there to stay there.
Would you go anywhere else? ... except during red-tides.
So we depend on the kindness of strangers depositing their weeks w-HGVC.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I just got one in KL. They had 3 sizes, and I have really big wrists, but I found the large OK only if kept at my actual wrist. It is convenient to not have to carry a room key, as this wrist band IS your room key. Especially is you are at the beach or the pool.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We've been promised online access to SW Florida affiliates before.
It may happen this time, but I ain't gonna hold my breath.

Availability at SW-Fla affiliates is limited becuz owners buy there to stay there.
Would you go anywhere else? ... except during red-tides.
So we depend on the kindness of strangers depositing their weeks w-HGVC.
Whereas I purchased my sw fla affiliates with the intent to use I still at times try to see if I can get something better. I use a non hgvc week and if I match I deposit my week in hgvc or in interval. It depends if I want hgvc points.

Just last week I matched for a 3 bedroom at Marriott’s Crystal Shore for the week I own at the hgvc surf club down the road.

Right now we really have no idea how many affiliate owners deposit in hgvc. I do match often in interval to hgvc affiliates. With transparency and availability maybe more affiliate owners will deposit.

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place

Kurt
With the OLD CLASSIC Reservation system you could see the availability of Southwest Florida Properties during Open Season. There were many short stays of 2 days, and some longer that could be booked.