• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The Problems Seem to be With Exchanging and Points

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
I understand people have good reasons for owning what they own and doing what they do and have no quarrel with any of it. But I note that almost all the problems I read about here on TUG are related either to Exchanging or Point Systems and seem to be computer system issues and/or unhelpful phone Representatives.

For what it is worth I'd like to point out that for the last 10 years or so before I divested my TS portfolio (health and age reasons) I owned 6 Fixed Week/Fixed Unit Weeks at Independent HOA Controlled Resorts. During this period all I did was show up at the beginning of my Week and sign in. My Unit was always waiting for me. I never had a problem. The only times I had to call is when I wanted to see if the Resort could switch my Week to a different date. Almost always they were able to accommodate me without a hassle and at zero cost.

Just food for thought...

George

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I understand people have good reasons for owning what they own and doing what they do and have no quarrel with any of it. But I note that almost all the problems I read about here on TUG are related either to Exchanging or Point Systems and seem to be computer system issues and/or unhelpful phone Representatives.

For what it is worth I'd like to point out that for the last 10 years or so before I divested my TS portfolio (health and age reasons) I owned 6 Fixed Week/Fixed Unit Weeks at Independent HOA Controlled Resorts. During this period all I did was show up at the beginning of my Week and sign in. My Unit was always waiting for me. I never had a problem. The only times I had to call is when I wanted to see if the Resort could switch my Week to a different date. Almost always they were able to accommodate me without a hassle and at zero cost.

Just food for thought...

George
The simpler the better. That is why I changed my portfolio to buy what I will mostly use and not trade.

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook

Just food for thought...

George

Exactly, George!

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I own mostly points/trading units right now. We like to try lots of different places. I think over time as we find our favorites we'll probably convert to weeks to use.

We bought one fixed week in the summer near us that we'll use every year.

missyrcrews

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
I agree wholeheartedly! We do enjoy trading sometimes, but most of our weeks are ones we use every single year. When I faced the LONG LONG LONG check-in line here at Massanutten on Friday, I wished that I was checking in to Cold Spring, where the person behind the desk would greet me by name and ask how the kids are. Something to be said for small and independent, that's for sure.