• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Travel & Acquisitions LLC

richontug

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone dealt with Travel & Acquisitions of Scottsdale to sell Vidanta TS?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Vidanata has done a good job of destroying the resale market by including very high transfer fees and stripping all ancillary benefits. There are some really old contracts with nominal transfer fees but they are typically in Mayan Palace or below. What year did you buy, which property do you own and how much are the offering? The answers really don't matter because the answer is going to end up that it is a scam.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Vidanata has done a good job of destroying the resale market by including very high transfer fees and stripping all ancillary benefits. There are some really old contracts with nominal transfer fees but they are typically Mayan Pallace ....... The answers really don't matter because the answer is going to end up that it is a scam.

I agree 100% - SCAM

FYI - Richontug ,
If your contract is old enough to have the every 5 year reno fee ( ended about 2011)- Vidanta likely
would take it back so they can recycle the “renews as a registered week (at 25 years ) registered week “ into a new contract . ( which only has a 10 year or less registered week - with the renewal called a residence week or similar )

If it is new enough to have - “ no go / no pay “- MF on use only addendum ( started 2006) - then there is no reason to get rid of the TS .

If your goal is to truly get rid of it for $ 0 - contact Vidanta Member Services with your
contract number and they will likely email you forms .

Last edited:

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I agree 100% - SCAM

If it is new enough to have - “ no go / no pay “- MF on use only addendum ( started 2006) - then there is no reason to get rid of the TS .

If your goal is to truly get rid of it for $ 0 - contact Vidanta Member Services with your
contract number and they will likely email you forms .

I’d agree that it’s very likely a scam, but I’d disagree on whether there’s a potential reason to get rid of the TS.

If my recollection is correct, Rich owns at one of the Vidanta lower tiers, but typically exchanges into GL RM using a Wyndham TS via SFX. Now that they’ve starting making GL available through RCI as overflow from Registry, the Vidanta ownership is an impediment to his being able to book GL that way without going through RCI. Most of the GL weeks in RCI are in NV, but the GL RM Spa units show up as available for extra vacations (though not in the high season, of course). The only problem is that they have a restriction preventing second class citizens (AKA Vidanta owners) from booking under those resort IDs. It’s not readily apparent why they’ve done that now that they impose the resort fees on bookings through that method, but divesting a Vidanta ownership that he doesn’t use would get him out of the class of individuals that are discriminated against this way.

It is an interesting case of timeshare exchange arbitrage, by the way, that allows a Wyndham owner to book through their RCI portal into a Vidanta resort through Registry. They show up as extra vacations even though they’re restricted to Platinum priority access for exchange. I think you might get that if you own Wyndham Presidential Reserve, but I’m not sure. In any case it changes the amount of points you need to book somewhere if you go that route.

richontug

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the comments.
To follow up on Eric's comments, I have owned at Mayan Palace since 2011 but have only used for an RCI exchange.
I often go to Grand Luxxe using Wyndham trades through SFX. SFX indicates my MP ownership has no effect on their exchanges.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Thanks for all the comments.
To follow up on Eric's comments, I have owned at Mayan Palace since 2011 but have only used for an RCI exchange .

Does it have MF on use only ?

FYI - my 2006 Mayan Palace contract has it ( actually - it kicked in after year 5 / which was how it was written & sold ) I forgot this - until I read enough TUG comments to read the original contract & any addendum .)

richontug

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Does it have MF on use only ?

FYI - my 2006 Mayan Palace contract has it ( actually - it kicked in after year 5 / which was how it was written & sold ) I forgot this - until I read enough TUG comments to read the original contract & any addendum .)

Yes - MF on use only. I have exchanged into the much better GL for less money and so have not used MP.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
They did contact me. How do you think they found me? There is a contract. Now they say I am bound by the cintcont.

Unfortunately, they are scamming you. We hope that you have not wired any money. When their victim refuses to carry through with the “deal” they will say that you are still bound by the contract and will try to force you to pay their commission. It is simply an attempt to steal your money. You should stop communicating with them.

This scammer’s website was created July 2018. As I have seen more and more, the scammer filed Arizona paperwork in August 2018 to fraudulently change the address of a some one else’s legit LLC that was originally formed in 2011 (and the original business appears to be out of business). I suspect that the scammers told you of their “7 years in business” when trying to scam you, all in an effort to gain your trust.

Last edited:

Celina

Reaction score
Well thanks! Do you know a trustworthy TS company? I would like to sell if I can!!

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
What do you own? Unfortunately most timeshares in Mexico aren’t worth a dime on the resale market.

richontug

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, they are scamming you. We hope that you have not wired any money. When their victim refuses to carry through with the “deal” they will say that you are still bound by the contract and will try to force you to pay their commission. It is simply an attempt to steal your money. You should stop communicating with them.

This scammer’s website was created July 2018. As I have seen more and more, the scammer filed Arizona paperwork in August 2018 to fraudulently change the address of a some one else’s legit LLC that was originally formed in 2011 (and the original business appears to be out of business). I suspect that the scammers told you of their “7 years in business” when trying to scam you, all in an effort to gain your trust.

Thanks for confirming what I found. I ignored them and they we went away!