• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI COMING SOON… MEMBER APPRECIATION EVENT Check back 8/7 for more details.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
saw on RCI sign in page

COMING SOON…

MEMBER APPRECIATION EVENT

Check back 8/7 for more details.

Wonder what?

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
The email states "Big savings are coming your way! "

VanX

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Blue Bay Getaway
Likely discounted membership extension for 3-5 years. They seem to be on about extending and getting customers to pay up front for membership years after recently raising the transaction rates.

Last edited:

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
A raising of fees? RCI would appreciate the customers more. A little cynical I know. I have been marketed to so much that the red flag goes up every time I hear about those great opportunities and new and improved.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A raising of fees? RCI would appreciate the customers more. A little cynical I know. I have been marketed to so much that the red flag goes up every time I hear about those great opportunities and new and improved.
Sadly, you are probably right. They will offer us something good and then charge us more later. I have a few trips booked with RCI and after them I am out of RCI except thru the hgvc portal. I had enough of their high fees, tpu unfairness, and competing against everyone when they combine their weeks and I deposited a highly desirable week.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
i think that they will fly all members to their favorite resort for a complimentary lobster dinner

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
i think that they will fly all members to their favorite resort for a complimentary lobster dinner
Not even close! May offer a free exchange if you bank a week?

VanX

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Blue Bay Getaway
Not even close! May offer a free exchange if you bank a week?

I don’t think so..., I received the email as well and have no weeks to bank - only Points for our RCI account.

Membership is universal to all so it’s likely the issue at hand for the deal.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
Depends on the offer if I will renew or not.

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
Big deal......exchange fee reduced to $199.

At first I thought it was select EV for $199 - that wouldn't have been bad. This isn't enough to get me excited.

missyrcrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort

At first I thought it was select EV for $199 - that wouldn't have been bad. This isn't enough to get me excited.
Especially since I won't have another week to deposit/exchange until October. Bah, humbug. :)

JoyC

TUG Member
Reaction score
RCI "over promise, under deliver"

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark

Telling though that perhaps they are beginning to realize that their fees are just too high. We can only hope. I think that it would have been a bit more meaningful if they gave everyone a "coupon" for the discount that was good for a month or two.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If I am reading it right, you have to deposit and trade within a few days which means you only have open inventory. I give them a FAIL, not excited or moved, well maybe even a step further back.

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wasn't it $199 like a year ago?

moonstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
Every time RCI sends a comment card when we return from a vacation (which is 4-6 X/yr) I complain about their rates. On the question about recommending RCI to family or friends I give a low rating and say it is largely due to their exorbitant rates for membership and exchanges. I really think there should be a much larger discount (maybe 50%) for booking vacations ourselves through their website, with absolutely no involvement of a VC at all, and I tell them that too!

I am another one who is unimpressed with their special offer and the short time in which to use it.

~Diane

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
Only good for two days. Did anyone do this?
Silentg

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Only good for two days. Did anyone do this?
Silentg

I did. And since you mentioned it I'm going to take another look to see if there is anything else I want to book before the sale ends.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
Did you get a nice exchange Jan?

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Did you get a nice exchange Jan?

Yes I did. I may have to give up one of them. I have the week of August 19th at The Resort on Cocoa Beach in a two bedroom unit. My husband is saying since we will already be gone for two weeks and only home a full day before we leave again he thinks we should just stay home. We've stayed at this resort several times and really like it. I'm going to send you a pm. If you can use the week you are welcome to it for what it cost me.

Polly Metallic

Official TUG Pool Recruiter
TUG Member
Reaction score
I don’t know what other deals they’ve had running, but the last two exchanges I’ve made have been discounted. The most recent was a couple days ago. $60 off. The previous one was months ago, and I think that was $60 off also.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I don’t know what other deals they’ve had running, but the last two exchanges I’ve made have been discounted. The most recent was a couple days ago. $60 off. The previous one was months ago, and I think that was $60 off also.
I think that might have been developer specific. What were you trading from and to?

Polly Metallic

Official TUG Pool Recruiter
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think that might have been developer specific. What were you trading from and to?

There was a notice on my RCI home page when I logged in that said I might be eligible for an exchange fee discount, but it didn't explain the terms. Most recently, I used a combination of leftover TPUs to book a unit at The Eastern Slope Inn in NH. I theorized the discount could have to do with booking another resort recently. I exchanged into Mauna Loa Village on the Big Island for next March. The discounted exchange fee from a few months ago occurred when I booked weeks at two different resorts in Florida the same day, so I theorized the timing could be a factor.

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
There was a notice on my RCI home page when I logged in that said I might be eligible for an exchange fee discount, but it didn't explain the terms. Most recently, I used a combination of leftover TPUs to book a unit at The Eastern Slope Inn in NH. I theorized the discount could have to do with booking another resort recently. I exchanged into Mauna Loa Village on the Big Island for next March. The discounted exchange fee from a few months ago occurred when I booked weeks at two different resorts in Florida the same day, so I theorized the timing could be a factor.

That statement has been showing up on my page for a long time - I still haven't figured it out.