• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Southwest Airlines to provide inter island service.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
That is a nice link. First I've seen in one place that lays it out so specifically. My hope is they would eventually expand service to fly from/to Seattle as well. California may be closer, but there are a lot folks here in the Pacific Northwest who like to fly to Hawaii too. If we have to add a hop to a California city, it's going to add to the cost, which may make Southwest a nonstarter for a vacation in Hawaii. :)

Dave

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I'm waiting. We still haven't booked flights for our annual trip in March. Part of that is because we don't have firm dates for the second week. But waiting may pay off in this case.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
That is a nice link. First I've seen in one place that lays it out so specifically. My hope is they would eventually expand service to fly from/to Seattle as well.
That would entail a battle directly with Alaska on Alaska's home turf. I could envision a fare war. Far more likely for SW to use their Oakland 'hub' and let Alaska hold their predominance from Seattle. Either way, I'm not fond of long-haul (5+hour) flights in single aisle aircraft.

Jim

BDMX2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Santa Barbara
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Boy would it be nice if they started flights by next June for our trip! Fingers crossed.

krj9999

TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought I saw interisland before; but thinking it may be relatively limited service (at least to start). Guess time will tell.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
That would entail a battle directly with Alaska on Alaska's home turf. I could envision a fare war. Far more likely for SW to use their Oakland 'hub' and let Alaska hold their predominance from Seattle. Either way, I'm not fond of long-haul (5+hour) flights in single aisle aircraft.

Jim
I know it has beaten to death (bring back the horse), but what does the number of aisles have to do with comfort on a longer trip? Nothing worse than sitting in the middle of the middle seats on a 2 aisle aircraft.

canesfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN x2
WSJ-BV
WLR
We have held off booking our flights for March also. With companion pass it should be a substantial savings, even having to get to CA. Crossing our fingers it’s October!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
I know it has beaten to death (bring back the horse), but what does the number of aisles have to do with comfort on a longer trip? Nothing worse than sitting in the middle of the middle seats on a 2 aisle aircraft.

I agree with middle seats are undesirable and I don't book those unless I have to change flights right near the end and there are no other alternatives. The 2 seats by the windows are certainly preferred. However, the 2 aisles give a better opportunity to walk around and stretch your legs on a long flight. We do that about 4 times on the direct flight from NY to Honolulu.

By the way while I love Southwest unless it gives good connections from Islip to Honolulu it will not be our choice since I know there will be a least one stop. If they make it only 1 stop that would be OK. Hawaiian Airlines direct flights can't be beat.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Nothing worse than sitting in the middle of the middle seats on a 2 aisle aircraft.
Oh c'mon. Lots of worse things. Cancer. A pregnant unmarried daughter. Losing your job. Finding your spouse with your best friend. Sure, middle seats are a PITA, but hey, you have two opportunities to make a new friend. It could certainly be worse. My point was that with 2 aisles you can get up and walk around (speaking as one who's had DVT). With single aisle planes, there are drink carts, lines for the john, etc.

Ralph Sir Edward

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well. . . .as W.C. Fields once said "Anything worth having is worth cheating for".

With Southwest you can build a surrogate "business class" seat set - if you are willing to spend the money.

A couple can buy 3 seats. (Look under "customers of size"). Lift up the seat arms, and you have plenty of side room. Plus you can stick your small carry on under the middle seat's underseat storage area, instead of cramping your own feet. Still 32 inch pitch (no way to dodge that), and the seats are the same, but if you caught a sale. . . .

JIMinNC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
The 2 seats by the windows are certainly preferred.

Just remember that it is primarily the Airbus A330 variants and Boeing 767 variants that are 2-4-2 configurations. Many/most Boeing 777, and almost all of the new 787 configurations, are 3-3-3 or 3-4-3. I think American's 777-200s still have 2 seats by the windows, but their 777-300s and (I think) all of the 777s operated by United and Delta have three seats along the sides.

Last edited:

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
:banana:Companion pass here I come

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
That is a nice link. First I've seen in one place that lays it out so specifically. My hope is they would eventually expand service to fly from/to Seattle as well. California may be closer, but there are a lot folks here in the Pacific Northwest who like to fly to Hawaii too. If we have to add a hop to a California city, it's going to add to the cost, which may make Southwest a nonstarter for a vacation in Hawaii. :)

Dave

Jim

Not just a battle with Alaska, but with Delta as well, as Delta builds Seattle as a hub for Pacific flights. Family is on Kauai now, and one of them flew to Lihue from Seattle on Delta.