• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bizarre e-mails from RCI

Tahiya

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Today I received two bizarre e-mails from RCI: one stating that they have returned my deposit at my request, and the other confirming an exchange that was previously confirmed in January.

When I checked my deposits and TPUs, they have indeed removed the deposit and its associated TPUs. I'll call tomorrow to see what the deal is, but for the money we pay RCI, it seems they shouldn't have this kind of screw ups.

Did anyone else get bizarre e-mails from RCI today?

Tahiya

TUG Member
Reaction score
Today I received two bizarre e-mails from RCI: one stating that they have returned my deposit at my request, and the other confirming an exchange that was previously confirmed in January.

When I checked my deposits and TPUs, they have indeed removed the deposit and its associated TPUs. I'll call tomorrow to see what the deal is, but for the money we pay RCI, it seems they shouldn't have this kind of screw ups.

Did anyone else get bizarre e-mails from RCI today?
After 3 calls to RCI, the problem is not resolved. The outcome of both the first 2 calls was that they promised to give my 26 TPUs back. Nothing happened. The outcome of the 3rd call is that they denied there is a problem. I'm sending written documentation next. I thought RCI had better record-keeping than this!

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
After 3 calls to RCI, the problem is not resolved. The outcome of both the first 2 calls was that they promised to give my 26 TPUs back. Nothing happened. The outcome of the 3rd call is that they denied there is a problem. I'm sending written documentation next. I thought RCI had better record-keeping than this!

I have always found their customer service very weak and rude at times. I suggest if you have not already gotten it elevated to a supervisor you do.

moonstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)

I don't trust their record keeping or website booking system. I always take screen shots of my booking / confirmation and any other important information. I have had them "loose" a booking 24 hrs after they had sent my confirmation. When I called, they denied I had ever booked it, as all they could see was the hold I had placed the day before booking. To top it off they said there were no more available units at that resort! After I emailed all the booking & confirmation screen shots to a supervisor they magically found a unit for us for the same resort / week that I had booked. :wall:

~Diane

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't trust their record keeping or website booking system. I always take screen shots of my booking / confirmation and any other important information. I have had them "loose" a booking 24 hrs after they had sent my confirmation. When I called, they denied I had ever booked it, as all they could see was the hold I had placed the day before booking. To top it off they said there were no more available units at that resort! After I emailed all the booking & confirmation screen shots to a supervisor they magically found a unit for us for the same resort / week that I had booked. :wall:

~Diane

It is always good to have proof. It is a shame you have to. I would guess that as they magically found your unit some one else had a computer glitch.

Tahiya

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd report the final resolution of the week deposit and associated 26 TPU's that disappeared from my RCI account. I wrote a polite letter, with documentation, and sent it to the online RCI resolution center and to the CEO of RCI. About a week later, I received a phone call from the office of the CEO asking how the person could help. She was very empathetic and apologized for the unpleasant experience. She had looked into the matter and found that my resort management company had withdrawn my deposit. When my resort denied having made the withdrawal, the RCI rep called the resort and a new week was quickly deposited in my RCI account. Turns out the resort management company had in fact mistakenly withdrawn the deposit (so--not the fault of RCI.) I lost my priority date of 4/7/2017, but received a new deposit worth 31 TPUs. Although it took a lot of effort on my part, in the end, RCI came through in a big way.

iwanttoflyaway

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd report the final resolution of the week deposit and associated 26 TPU's that disappeared from my RCI account. I wrote a polite letter, with documentation, and sent it to the online RCI resolution center and to the CEO of RCI. About a week later, I received a phone call from the office of the CEO asking how the person could help. She was very empathetic and apologized for the unpleasant experience. She had looked into the matter and found that my resort management company had withdrawn my deposit. When my resort denied having made the withdrawal, the RCI rep called the resort and a new week was quickly deposited in my RCI account. Turns out the resort management company had in fact mistakenly withdrawn the deposit (so--not the fault of RCI.) I lost my priority date of 4/7/2017, but received a new deposit worth 31 TPUs. Although it took a lot of effort on my part, in the end, RCI came through in a big way.

Anything your resort can do for you to make it up to you? Or is that how you got the extra TPU, the resort have you a particularly good week to deposit because they felt badly? I'm glad to hear RCI worked with you to figure out all out, but I'd be just as ticked at the resort now as you were at RCI initially. Their records must be as shoddy as RCI's if they denied withdrawing the deposit.