• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HHV - Caddie Needed

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Hawaiian Village - Lagoon Tower
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
This is a bit different of a request... but I'm staying next week at Hilton Hawaiian Village, and while I'm there on Tuesday the 14th I'm playing in a golf tournament, and I need a caddie. No carts allowed. Does anyone know of a local club in the Honolulu area that has caddies that I could call to try and get hooked up with one?

Craig

MikeinSoCal

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've only used a caddie once while in Hawaii and it was at Waialae Country Club. Don't know if this helps or not.

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
I've only used a caddie once while in Hawaii and it was at Waialae Country Club. Don't know if this helps or not.
Yes it helps. Thank you. It lets me know they have caddies there, so I may be able to call them and arrange to "borrow" one.

Craig

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
This is a bit different of a request... but I'm staying next week at Hilton Hawaiian Village, and while I'm there on Tuesday the 14th I'm playing in a golf tournament, and I need a caddie. No carts allowed. Does anyone know of a local club in the Honolulu area that has caddies that I could call to try and get hooked up with one?

Craig
I wish I was there now, I haven't caddied since 1966 but I would do it if I was there.

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
There are still flights available. :D
That was 52 years ago. I think I have lost my edge and maybe some muscle also. Walking with no bags in the shade of the buildings in Waikiki or through Ala Moana Mall is my idea of exercise at this stage of the game.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Have you tried calling the pro shop where you are playing? I'd want a very local caddie who knows the course.

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
Have you tried calling the pro shop where you are playing? I'd want a very local caddie who knows the course.
It's on a military course. Leilehua Golf Course. Won't be any local caddies there. That said, I have found that it is profoundly rare that I come across a caddie that can actually help me or offer trustworthy information, even local caddies. They spend far too much time with lousy golfers and are generally unable to handle a higher level of play.

tompalm

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's on a military course. Leilehua Golf Course. Won't be any local caddies there. That said, I have found that it is profoundly rare that I come across a caddie that can actually help me or offer trustworthy information, even local caddies. They spend far too much time with lousy golfers and are generally unable to handle a higher level of play.

I have played that course a bunch of times. It is an easy course that is level and easy to walk. They do have motorized cart bags for rent at a lot of courses. But, If you want someone that knows the course, you need to call the Pro Shop and let them know you are willing to pay the going rate for someone that knows the course. That part of the island is filled with a lot of blue collar workers that like to play golf and while none of them are professional caddies, some of them should be willing to make an easy buck. If you are looking for the Scottsdale VIP experience with professional caddies, that is not going to happen on any of the military courses.

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
I have played that course a bunch of times. It is an easy course that is level and easy to walk. They do have motorized cart bags for rent at a lot of courses. But, If you want someone that knows the course, you need to call the Pro Shop and let them know you are willing to pay the going rate for someone that knows the course. That part of the island is filled with a lot of blue collar workers that like to play golf and while none of them are professional caddies, some of them should be willing to make an easy buck. If you are looking for the Scottsdale VIP experience with professional caddies, that is not going to happen on any of the military courses.
Thanks. Yes, I could do the "trollie" if necessary, esp if its flat. But I just returned from 6 rounds last week walking in Wales at Royal Porthcawl, and could use a break. <g>

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

I just thought of something that may be useful. Will you be staying at the Hilton Hawaiian Village? I don't know if you know that there is a timeshare salesman there who is Playing Pro named Stan Souza. Call there and see if you can talk with him about your caddie problem.

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
I just thought of something that may be useful. Will you be staying at the Hilton Hawaiian Village? I don't know if you know that there is a timeshare salesman there who is Playing Pro named Stan Souza. Call there and see if you can talk with him about your caddie problem.
That's awesome. Yes, that's where I'm staying. I'll track him down Thursday. I do have a call into Wailae CC's head pro. But a local pro ought to have someone they can dig up. Thx.

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That's awesome. Yes, that's where I'm staying. I'll track him down Thursday. I do have a call into Wailae CC's head pro. But a local pro ought to have someone they can dig up. Thx.
Let me know how it goes. He is very involved in the resort and HGVC, his son works there as a concierge.

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Let me know how it goes. He is very involved in the resort and HGVC, his son works there as a concierge.
Thinking about that: That seems like something a concierge should do for a guest anyway.