• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Las Palmeras Orlando

4800 annual points + 20k bonus, good deal @ $29k?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Recind offer asap

Votes: 11 91.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nate2629

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Las Palmerras Orlando
We attended the Las Palmeras, Orlando presentation yesterday and they offered a resale for $29k which was 4800 annual points (platinum), $935 annual maintenance fee and then threw on an additional 20,000 bonus points to use in the next 3 years. Since we liked the idea of having access to RCI at a discounted rate as well as the discounted hotels we signed up....now I’m reading multiple threads that reservations are next to impossible to reserve and numerous issues and concerns with the program. Overall, was this a decent package they presented or should I look into recinding this agreeement, it’s been less than 24 hours...thank you!!!!

tk25

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kings Land 12,600 points; Sea World 8400 points and Las Vegas Boulevard 7000 points
I bought three resales all platinum weeks total points 28,000 and paid about $28,000 + closing costs of about 4k. Total annual maintenance just under 4k.
If I was buying more would buy something like Vegas boulevard 7000 point platinum 2bedroom unit for about 7k with annual fees under $1000.
But of course if you want better guarantee of staying somewhere that can factor in to.
29k for 4800 points is not a good deal and has high annual fee ratio. 20000 bonus points worth about $5000 liberally

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
We attended the Las Palmeras, Orlando presentation yesterday and they offered a resale for $29k which was 4800 annual points (platinum), $935 annual maintenance fee and then threw on an additional 20,000 bonus points to use in the next 3 years. Since we liked the idea of having access to RCI at a discounted rate as well as the discounted hotels we signed up....now I’m reading multiple threads that reservations are next to impossible to reserve and numerous issues and concerns with the program. Overall, was this a decent package they presented or should I look into recinding this agreeement, it’s been less than 24 hours...thank you!!!!

I would advise you to rescind asap. Follow the instructions in your documents to the letter. The HGvC program is a good program but you should buy resale and not direct. The resale cost is approx $1 per point. So a 4.800 points contract should cost $4,800.

When you say, that you read that reservations are almost impossible to reserve, which reservations are you talking about? Reservations in Orlando through hgvc is almost always possible.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Welcome to Tug. Rescind immediately, consider yourself lucky that you found tug in time to save 29k. Resale is the way to buy.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
I would advise you to rescind asap. Follow the instructions in your documents to the letter. The HGvC program is a good program but you should buy resale and not direct. The resale cost is approx $1 per point. So a 4.800 points contract should cost $4,800.

When you say, that you read that reservations are almost impossible to reserve, which reservations are you talking about? Reservations in Orlando through hgvc is almost always possible.

Maybe the thread on the issues with the online booking the West 57th? As far as the points, that’s quite a lot. There’s a 7000 point 2 bedroom platinum at the Flamingo for $3900 on the Tug marketplace. It has MF’s in the $1000 range. Compare that with what you are asking about.

https://tug2.com/timeshare-resort/r...Grand+Vacations+Club+at+the+Flamingo&ID=11664

Nate2629

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Las Palmerras Orlando

We live in Tampa, so we really don’t have a high interest in the Deeded property in Orlando. Was planning on more Caribbean and Gulf of Mexico resorts along with discounted RCi properties which some threads mentioned was tough to reserve but I was told that wasn’t an issue buying in a t platinum. Thanks!

Helaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Playa Grande
Fiesta Americana
If you live in Tampa and are not interested in Orlando, there is no advantage to this purchase. You can buy a platinum week in Vegas or Orlando for closer to $1.00 a point, so you'll get much more for your money.

I suggest rescinding now and doing more research and then buying resale.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We live in Tampa, so we really don’t have a high interest in the Deeded property in Orlando. Was planning on more Caribbean and Gulf of Mexico resorts along with discounted RCi properties which some threads mentioned was tough to reserve but I was told that wasn’t an issue buying in a t platinum. Thanks!
You might consider an hgvc affiliate that is a member in Interval, which will give you even more choices for trading. You can use your week, deposit it in hgvc and go another hgvc resort, trade with RCI thru the hgvc portal or deposit in interval and trade with them.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

If using a club reservation, platinum status is how many points you have. With the exception of booking a larger room, you get no advantage in reservation with platinum status. The SW Florida properties are very difficult to book in platinum season as many of the owners never release their weeks into the system. Currently, HGVC had no Carribean resorts. If you are wanting to trade into RCI, HGVC is not a good value to use to trade. You can spend much less in MF’s and trade.

In your poll, I voted for you to rescind. If you don’t, you may wind up being very unhappy. You should join TUG (it’s only $15 a year), learn as much as you can about HGVC (it’s a good system) and timesharing in general. Then decide what’s best for you. Answer the questions linked below and let those that have timesharing experience help you make up your mind.

https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/what-to-buy-questions-for-newbies.208742/

Good luck and don’t delay on rescinding.

Nate2629

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Las Palmerras Orlando
If you live in Tampa and are not interested in Orlando, there is no advantage to this purchase. You can buy a platinum week in Vegas or Orlando for closer to $1.00 a point, so you'll get much more for your money.

I suggest rescinding now and doing more research and then buying resale.

I spoke with the Hilton rep and he mentioned the ROFR in regards to resale. So if I find a property such as flamingo in which that doesn’t apply that would be a better alternative, correct? Also he mentioned resale’s do not receive the cash rates nor any flexibility with RCI, so I’m only buying Hilton points to use, is that accurate as well?

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
You are wise to your research. Definitely rescind and buy resale.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I spoke with the Hilton rep and he mentioned the ROFR in regards to resale. So if I find a property such as flamingo in which that doesn’t apply that would be a better alternative, correct? Also he mentioned resale’s do not receive the cash rates nor any flexibility with RCI, so I’m only buying Hilton points to use, is that accurate as well?
There is no rofr with affiliates. Cash rates are available to all members and all members have the same access and rules to RCI. Do not believe anything the sales person told you. Keep reading on Tug, learn, ask and in time you will figure out what will work for you.

magmue

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Kingsland
West 57th
Worldmark
Whale Pointe fractional
Point at Poipu (deed)
Lawai Beach Resort
Kauai Beach Villas
I spoke with the Hilton rep and he mentioned the ROFR in regards to resale.
There is no rofr with affiliates.
The other thing to be aware of is that there is no financial penalty to you if Hilton does exercise ROFR on a Hilton developed (non-affiliate) property that you try to buy. The Hilton reps try to make it sound like a terrible catastrophe for you as a buyer. Not so. It is disappointing, but all you really lose is your time. Hilton pays the seller the price you had agreed to pay the seller, and any deposit you made is returned to you. And back to square one with better luck next time.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Sales weasels will tell you anything to keep their commission.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score

HGVC have no presence in the Caribbean so you would have to go with RCI for that. Even if you buy a platinum, silver or gold week in HGVC you have the same options of booking through RCI. In RCI all the high demand weekends/resorts gets taken by "on-going-searches" aka OGS'. So to get one of those you need to setup an OGS yourself, how far out depends on how popular the destination and resort is.

The discounted RCI properties in RCI is actually only the leftovers or remaining inventory at 40 or 45days out, those you can book paying cash. IMO unless you already have a vacation planned for those dates its difficult to plan for a vacation with so short notice.