• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Resale question...

CliffRich

Reaction score
So I worked for a company back in 2008 that was doing timeshare resales and taking a fee up front. lo and behold, the owner was ripping our clients off... I left shortly after discovering this fact.

Since then I have wanted to open a company that really helps owners get out of there timeshares and for people who truly like them to purchase... I recently started setting it up and now I come across TUG. Has the resale market really deteriorated that far where most owners are willing to accept 0-20% to unload them? A big part of my company is helping people get out from under them but how am I supposed to make money (to survive as a company) if the market is like this?

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
So I worked for a company back in 2008 that was doing timeshare resales and taking a fee up front. lo and behold, the owner was ripping our clients off... I left shortly after discovering this fact.

Since then I have wanted to open a company that really helps owners get out of there timeshares and for people who truly like them to purchase... I recently started setting it up and now I come across TUG. Has the resale market really deteriorated that far where most owners are willing to accept 0-20% to unload them? A big part of my company is helping people get out from under them but how am I supposed to make money (to survive as a company) if the market is like this?
You cannot survive as a company for any kind of profit. There are already some sites out there for selling timeshares called Redweek and My Resort Network (and some others).

If it was easy to help people sell their timeshares, a lot of us would be doing it for a profit. You shouldn't start a company because you are clueless. I am not being nasty, I am simply being honest. There is no money in this for you. Sure, you can set up a website, but no one is going to visit.

VanX

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Blue Bay Getaway
Hi,

Well...., The market is what it is so business decisions should be based on that reality.

With social media permeating most peoples lives it is getting much harder to play the profitable service delivery intermediary roll between buyers and sellers who now have access to all the info and legal guidance templates they need to achieve their goals.

Best to focus attention on future market trends vs providing solutions based on past circumstances. Also TUG has been on-line for in excess of a decade and if it’s new to you then that should cause you pause to consider what value is being placed in your market research on launching a new venture.

CliffRich

Reaction score
You cannot survive as a company for any kind of profit. There are already some sites out there for selling timeshares called Redweek and My Resort Network (and some others).

If it was easy to help people sell their timeshares, a lot of us would be doing it for a profit. You shouldn't start a company because you are clueless. I am not being nasty, I am simply being honest. There is no money in this for you. Sure, you can set up a website, but no one is going to visit.

I don't think you are nasty. The main reason I posted was because I'm willing to study and learn if there is a way to actually make money helping people with this. I understand that I am currently "clueless" when it comes to this market. My main question I guess was: is this business worth relearning... I may just have my answer

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I don't think you are nasty. The main reason I posted was because I'm willing to study and learn if there is a way to actually make money helping people with this. I understand that I am currently "clueless" when it comes to this market. My main question I guess was: is this business worth relearning... I may just have my answer
Go to redweek, timesharenation and Sumday. That is a start to you understanding the resale market and the competition you have .

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I am trying to think of some of the other startups of rental sites, and I kind of remember a few that didn't really make it on the first page of Google, like King timeshares, something like that.

Our daughter would love to start a website and do what Redweek does, but there is no way it would reach the top of the list on Google, and that is too bad. But it's very true. Once these companies have the market share, you cannot seem to get into that business without spend a lot more money than they did. It pays to be on the ground floor.